PayPal help please!!!

Started by emjaybee, February 14, 2022, 10:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ntpntpntp

Quote from: Newportnobby on February 15, 2022, 09:31:23 AM
I insist on Friends & Family option and if that's not used request the balance be paid.

Which is the exact opposite of the policy on the Facebook N'Porium so I'm surprised is not the same for the classified ads on here?   I guess it's all about giving the buyer some degree of protection should the deal go bad and there is a dispute or whatever.

On FB the requirement is to include the Paypal G&S fees and the postage in the total price, though obviously there could be some variation in the final amount if for example it's a "best offer" deal and/or maybe international postage :)
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

emjaybee

Quote from: Mr Sprue on February 15, 2022, 10:03:36 AM
Quote from: emjaybee on February 15, 2022, 08:55:26 AM
Quote from: Mr Sprue on February 15, 2022, 08:42:51 AM
Whats up with not using 'Buyer Protection', for a small fee of just 3.2% is it worth taking any risk?

If you sell something on the NGF facebook page you HAVE to include that in the price of the item you are selling, which I 100% agree with as it covers both parties!

https://www.salecalc.com/paypal?p=100&l=uk&r=0&e=0&f=0&m=1&c=0

With all due respect, I don't think you've read the entire thread.

I have.  But my point was why use the 'Friends & Family' option, when it is saver to use the buyer protection option!

Because I'm paying Ross for his 3D printing. I know, from what has happened previously, that I don't need 'buyer protection', as he has shown that he's prepared to stand by his products and resolve issues.
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Trainfish

Quote from: emjaybee on February 15, 2022, 08:56:58 AM
My PayPal doesn't have the wording 'Sending to a friend or family', this is what is troubling me.

You only see the option if you decide to send money to someone without them sending you an invoice or request. Try getting their email address and sending using the "Send and Request" option at the top of the page. Then type in the amount and on the next page the "Sending to a friend or family" option should appear.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Newportnobby

Quote from: Only Me on February 15, 2022, 02:39:57 PM
And @Newportnobby should know better re friends and family as per tanks rules!! ;)

@Only Me Sorry, but I've never been aware of any such rule ??? And maybe @Tank would not like to lose the commission I always pay on selling through the N'Porium as I would just cease selling. :P

Tank

I do insist on using it on the Facebook N'porium group, as it has completely stopped the complaints from people who were getting problems.  It saves me a lot of headaches, and makes the group a lot safer.  I have noticed that I haven't made it a rule on here, but will look into it.  To be honest, there is never any trouble on here.  *touch wood*

However, ultimately, it's between the buyer and seller what they do.  I'm just providing the platform for them to communicate the sale.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations