Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Quote from: dannyboy on December 29, 2022, 11:35:50 AM
Hopefully your good lady can start to improve soon Alan - our thoughts are with you.  :beers:

Wot he said. All best wishes, Alan.

Trainfish

Ruddy heck mate, you're both going through the wars in different ways it seems. I'm certainly hoping for the best for both of you.

As an aside, go careful on that A23. You can meeet some dodgy geezers along there and I don't mean the plod  :P
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

stevewalker

Best wished to you both. I've been there - when our middle son was 5 weeks old, he kept stopping breathing. When he seemed stable, my wife stayed at the hospital and I went home to put our eldest son to bed (my parents were staying to look after him, but we were trying to keep some normality for him). We are only 2-1/2 minutes from the hospital, but as I got through the door, I got a call to say that they thought that they were losing him ... I got back in just over a minute!!!

Anyway, he pulled through (it turned out to be viral encephalitis), monitoring for the next 18 months showed no brain damage and he's 17 years old now.

Toothman

It's only been 2 years hattons have told me union of south Africa digital fitted is here

Papyrus

There doesn't seem to be much good news from the NHS at the moment, so I thought I would share a positive story with you.

Mrs Papyrus has had a very minor ailment for quite a long time – nothing that most people would regard as serious but it has prevented her from playing music for the best part of a year. She was offered various treatments by her GP, which relieved the symptoms a bit but didn't cure it. At the end of last year the GP said it was time to see a consultant. OK... how long is that going to take, especially if surgery is involved? Months for the local hospitals but apparently Dorking Hospital has the shortest waiting time. Could we get to Dorking? No problem.
We got the referral in less than a month. Found the hospital eventually (it's quite well hidden...), free parking! Just a small community hospital, so no A&E. Nice and quiet, no trolleys in the corridors. Staff were lovely. Blanche was seen exactly on time by a very nice consultant whose son was a musician, so he was sympathetic. He said surgery shouldn't be necessary and prescribed a different set of drugs. Come back in 6 months if it hasn't cleared up. Blanche couldn't have been happier.

It just shows that, despite all the tales on the news, there are still pockets where the NHS is working as it should.

Cheers,

Chris

Newportnobby

Had to drive over to Blackpool hospital this morning as it's been 6 months since my S-ICD (defibrillator) was changed.
Went in to see the pacemaker team bang on time and was told the longest part of the visit would be an update they'd be patching in (a bit like a phone or computer). Anyways, all working perfectly well, battery at 94% (after 6 months) and no 'episodes'. Update OK and I was out in 15 minutes and won't have to physically return for another 12 months, bearing in mind I have a bedside 'gizmo' that takes weekly reading and sends 'em off to Boston Scientific Labs via t'interweb for the hospital to access.
All clever stuff, eh?

TrevL

Maybe you should try and connect your laptop to it Mick :smiley-laughing:
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

emjaybee

Quote from: Newportnobby on March 01, 2023, 07:09:22 PM
Had to drive over to Blackpool hospital this morning as it's been 6 months since my S-ICD (defibrillator) was changed.
Went in to see the pacemaker team bang on time and was told the longest part of the visit would be an update they'd be patching in (a bit like a phone or computer). Anyways, all working perfectly well, battery at 94% (after 6 months) and no 'episodes'. Update OK and I was out in 15 minutes and won't have to physically return for another 12 months, bearing in mind I have a bedside 'gizmo' that takes weekly reading and sends 'em off to Boston Scientific Labs via t'interweb for the hospital to access.
All clever stuff, eh?

You'll be fine as long as it's not Microsoft software.

Updating.. ......... ........... ........... ......... ........... ............. ............ ........... . (wheel 'o' doom)
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Newportnobby

Quote from: TrevL on March 01, 2023, 08:56:25 PM
Maybe you should try and connect your laptop to it Mick :smiley-laughing:

Last thing I need is the battery being used up quicker, Trev. That would mean another new unit and a month without driving (again) :no:

Malc

I had to visit my haematologist today for a check up. My leukaemia is under control and my hemoglobin is back to 150, which is normal. I have been anaemic for the past 6 months caused by a drug called Apixaban I was taking because I had a spot of atrial fibrillation. Stopped the drug, anaemia gone away.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Trainfish

Quote from: emjaybee on March 01, 2023, 09:06:41 PM
Quote from: Newportnobby on March 01, 2023, 07:09:22 PM
All clever stuff, eh?

You'll be fine as long as it's not Microsoft software.

Updating.. ......... ........... ........... ......... ........... ............. ............ ........... . (wheel 'o' doom)

I think the worst scenario would be if it offers 2 choices:

1: Update and restart
2: Update and shutdown

Now there's a decision I never want to have to make.

:worried:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Malc

I was on an Air Canada flight once where a lot of the TV screens in the seat backs weren't working. The captain announced they were going to attempt a reboot of the system. Worrying times.

Bealman

But you're here, Malc! :thumbsup: :beers:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

stevewalker

Quote from: Malc on March 02, 2023, 09:05:10 AM
I was on an Air Canada flight once where a lot of the TV screens in the seat backs weren't working. The captain announced they were going to attempt a reboot of the system. Worrying times.

A reboot is a good thing. A few years ago a problem was discovered in Boeing 787 software. IIRC, they'd used a timer with too few bits. The systems were typically left running for months at a time. It was discovered (not in the air fortunately), that after about 8 months, the generator control units would fail. If all four units had been started at the same time (say after a major overhaul), the plane would lose all ac power ... regardless of whether it was in flight at the time!

Malc

Just had a call from Toyota Bromsgrove. The insurance company has accepted the quote for the repair and Toyota have ordered the bits. Hopefully sometime next week I may get it back.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations