Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

railsquid

And wow, there really is a "Postcode Lottery"? I always thought it was an overused media metaphor.

dannyboy

Whenever I see Judie McCourt on the adverts, I always think of Carol Vorderman.  :)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Snowwolflair

Quote from: dannyboy on March 05, 2021, 11:06:02 AM
Whenever I see Judie McCourt on the adverts, I always think of Carol Vorderman.  :)

Are fantasies allowed on this Forum  :D

dannyboy

David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Trainfish

Quote from: Newportnobby on March 05, 2021, 10:04:54 AM
Quote from: Trainfish on March 05, 2021, 01:36:34 AM
Quote from: Newportnobby on March 04, 2021, 12:05:44 PM
Nice surprise from the Postcode Lottery yesterday. Seems I've won a prize in their draw and they offered me 22 books to choose one from. The only sensible option for me was this......

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Britains-100-Best-Railway-Stations/dp/024197898X

I look forward to a good read of a book I probably wouldn't have bought :)

I got exactly the same Mick @Newportnobby . Chose the same book too. Wasn't sure if it was a dodgy email at first but it seems genuine enough  :thumbsup:

@Trainfish Having not even heard about their prize draw I wondered if it was iffy, too.
Been doing the Postcode Lottery for 3 years so it's cost me £360 but I've had 5 x £10 wins and just need that big win which will enable Judie McCourt to come round and give me a cuddle :D
Of course, the odd £10 win is just so you keep paying in.

Yes, we've had a few £10 wins which as you say keep you coming back. We had a £20 too. A friend of ours won £1000 about 3 weeks ago but didn't know until I told him  :thumbsup:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Trainfish

Delivered today so definitely not a scam. Had a quick flick through and seems quite good (especially as it was 'free') and is a proper hardback  :thumbsup:

John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Newportnobby

Yus - my copy dropped through the letter box at 12.15 today. It's a typical 'coffee table' book IMHO.
(No - the legs on my coffee table are all level, thank you)
Pleased to see Preston in the book as I think it's a grand station although sometimes a bit of a wind tunnel :cold:

TrevL

Quote from: Trainfish on March 06, 2021, 11:04:23 AM

Delivered today so definitely not a scam. Had a quick flick through and seems quite good (especially as it was 'free') and is a proper hardback  :thumbsup:

I'd be interested to know which station that is on the book cover?
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

Trainfish

That's Wemyss Bay of course. I thought everyone knew that  :hmmm:
John

<*))))><

TrevL

Quote from: Trainfish on March 06, 2021, 01:29:34 PM

Thanks, Nope, new to me.  Only ever been to Scotland once, (only just) and that was Gretna Green Sunday Market years ago.
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

Trainfish

And there was I thinking that the only thing which happens in Gretna Green was that people got married. Unless of course they do that at the Sunday market too?  :goggleeyes:

Erm yes, Wemyss Bay was a new one on me too. I'd never heard of it either  :thumbsup:
John

<*))))><

port perran

Quote from: TrevL on March 06, 2021, 01:38:08 PM
Quote from: Trainfish on March 06, 2021, 01:29:34 PM

Thanks, Nope, new to me.  Only ever been to Scotland once, (only just) and that was Gretna Green Sunday Market years ago.
That's a long way to go just for a market.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Snowwolflair

Wemyss Bay pier station on the Clyde, fond memories.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations