Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tutenkhamunsleeping

Well that's unusual, I've just had a Valentine card :o

Admittedly it's from a greyhound I sponsor at Dog's Trust, but with a face like mine you learn to take what you're given :D

guest311

Quote from: Trainfish on February 09, 2021, 10:47:09 AM
I've never been patted down as much as I was yesterday so I was quite relieved I didn't wear them. They would definitely have found them  :goggleeyes:

was it PATrick or PATricia ?
:goggleeyes:

Newportnobby

Obviously my postie sees all mail/parcels delivered to me so when a parcel arrived today he'd put it on the step, rung the bell, stood back and said "Another one from Old Oak Common"
When I asked him, he said he used to trainspot there in the 1980s.
Lord knows what he actually saw (no steam, no hydraulics etc) but we spent a happy few minutes reminiscing our spotting days. :)

Trainfish

Quote from: Trainfish on February 08, 2021, 08:33:59 PM
How can you not like being in suspenders? You haven't lived  :goggleeyes:

Anyway, the interview went well I thought. I believe there about 4 people being interviewed this week. I hope to hear later this week that I've got 6 months probation and I'll update you either on this thread or the unhappy thread once I know   :thumbsup:

It seems I should now be posting in the unhappy thread again as the job I felt I would be offered has gone to someone else. It really has been a  :poop: week here  :(
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

guest311

maybe you should have worn the sussies  :smiley-laughing:

guest311

Quote from: tutenkhamunsleeping on February 09, 2021, 11:40:10 AM
Well that's unusual, I've just had a Valentine card :o

Admittedly it's from a greyhound I sponsor at Dog's Trust, but with a face like mine you learn to take what you're given :D

must be keen, to get the card to you so early  :-[

dannyboy

Quote from: Trainfish on February 12, 2021, 02:58:10 PM

It seems I should now be posting in the unhappy thread again as the job I felt I would be offered has gone to someone else.

Their loss John.  :beers:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Trainfish

I tend to agree David but with the week I've had it feels like a massive kick in the nuts right now. Thanks though and yes, I probably need a few of these tonight  :beers:

For now I'm off to take my mind off it all by moving a servo controller board.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

emjaybee

It probably means there's a better job around the corner for you bloke.

Chin up.
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

guest311

SWMBO and I headed up to Haywards Heath yesterday afternoon for our covid vaccinations,

and I must say I was very impressed with the organisation and the volunteers there.

from the guy on the entrance to the guy who let us out after our 15 minute soak, all were so cheerful and helpful.

a slight sore arm this morning, but expected, but no other symptoms for SWMBO and myself. so now waiting to be advised of our second jab in about 12 weeks.

only minor irritations were :

given a raffle ticket when we arrived, but were not told when the draw was, or the prizes  >:(

and no tea and biccies during our wait  :)

a total of 30 minutes, plus travelling time to and from, and we should be protected from the virus, though not the idiots, in about 14 days.

note to self, check to see if I won the raffle when I go for the second jab  >:D

Papyrus

We got jabbed up in Haywards Heath too on Monday. Like you we had a very smooth, well-organised experience, and were out again before the time of my wife's appointment! I never get any adverse reaction from vaccinations, but Mrs P has a swollen arm, but that is par for the course for her. Looking forward to the coming months with a bit more optimism now.

Cheers,

Chris

dannyboy

Quote from: Trainfish on February 12, 2021, 03:42:22 PM

I think I'd prefer moving a few beers!  :)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

steve836

Tough luck John, lets hope there's something better on the way.
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

Trainfish

Quote from: dannyboy on February 12, 2021, 05:36:31 PM
Quote from: Trainfish on February 12, 2021, 03:42:22 PM

I think I'd prefer moving a few beers!  :)

Did both actually. Got my servo controller moved to underneath Ummagumma Jumction, all powered and networked. Fitted the route processor and networked etc. Tested a few sefvos and all looks good. I also tested what Dave @ Megapoints said about a maximum cable length of 1.5m for pushbuttons. To use 1 of his words, TOSH! I used a 5m cable and it worked fine. I had a few beers too, mainly from Vocation. I hope to actually fit some servos on Saturday but I'm a servo virgin so it could take some time........... and beer.

Thanks again to everyone for keeping my spirits up. Times like this when you can't go and drown your sorrows in the pub make things more difficult. Having good friends here helps to fill that void  :thumbsup:
John

<*))))><

Bealman

Wot? You consider a VB drinker a mate? Weird.  :worried:

Methinks you've been tweaking one servo too many  ;D
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50%