Who's just brought a Huawei phone

Started by austinbob, June 04, 2019, 05:28:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Delboy

Quote from: austinbob on June 04, 2019, 06:55:49 PM
You can get one really cheap right now. I paid over £800 for mine end of April and its worth £100 or less right now.
:veryangry:

Not sure where you are looking to establish the above price drop. I cannot find them anywhere with any substantial discounts or I may be tempted to have a gamble on one.

She who must be obeyed says I am spending too much time on this forum. I love her dearly but what does she know?

Claude Dreyfus

austinbob

Quote from: Delboy on June 06, 2019, 08:38:01 AM
Quote from: austinbob on June 04, 2019, 06:55:49 PM
You can get one really cheap right now. I paid over £800 for mine end of April and its worth £100 or less right now.
:veryangry:

Not sure where you are looking to establish the above price drop. I cannot find them anywhere with any substantial discounts or I may be tempted to have a gamble on one.
Not brand new... A couple of months old. Plenty in the news about very low trade in values.
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Peter K

Huawei phones and other Chinese makes are quite good nowadays. I find the iPhone X/10 user-unfriendly and so I am still using an older iPhone, but when it finally gives up, I will seek out a Chinese phone from a relative who travels to China a lot. Besides, they can be up to 1/10 of the price.

Regarding Trump's accusations about Huawei, the risk of the CIA doing the same thing with Google or Apple phones is actually quite high, just like it's likely that Huawei isn't hacking. The reason Google banned Huawei phones is that they are Pixel's main competitor in the 'high-spec, moderately-priced' field. I'm sure anyone wanting to buy a Huawei will find their phone more than satisfactory. The only time you might want to take precautions against a Huawei phone is if you are a high-level diplomat in a volatile state like the US or if you are anti-communist campaigner wishing to incite major public reactions in China. Otherwise, you're just a likely to be hacked if you are using an American phone.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations