Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

railsquid

A 4F 43294 and a short rake of those nice Farish Thompsons, not particularly recent purchases nor intended to run together, but unearthed while excavating the strata of the Knotmore Street shelf.

Graham Farish Midland 4F (43292) by Rail Squid, on Flickr

twinklekev

Here's my latest purchase; NGS kit 26.

I've started their construction already by modifying the chassis for the "mogo" to have vacuum braking and tie bars.

Kev,

MinZaPint

We've all seen the 56 which I'm very pleased with but I wanted to show off my latest Brewery van courtesy of the "Wagon Yard"

Cogito Sumere potum alterum

jpendle

My Revolution Eco-Frets arrived.

Here's a couple of piccies.

GBRF Blue

DBC Red in the middle of a rake of Farish FIA's

Apparently they come with tiny container spigots in the spares bag to stick in the holes when containers aren't loaded.

Don't think I'll be playing with those anytime soon  :goggleeyes:

Regards,

John P
Check out my layout thread.

Contemporary NW (Wigan Wallgate and North Western)

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39501.msg476247#msg476247

And my Automation Thread

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=52597.msg687934#msg687934

Bealman

It's obvious that the detailing on these wagons is exceptionally brilliant - as we've come to expect from Revolution - but being a transition modeller, I just cannot get excited by these models. To me, they are just flat things with wheels on, that big horrible ugly containers sit on.

Sorry!  :-[
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

RailGooner

Quote from: Bealman on August 25, 2021, 04:02:28 AM
It's obvious that the detailing on these wagons is exceptionally brilliant - as we've come to expect from Revolution - but being a transition modeller, I just cannot get excited by these models. To me, they are just flat things with wheels on, that big horrible ugly containers sit on.

Sorry!  :-[

But George, intermodals have to be the most exciting stock ever. They move all our models from manufacturer to market!  :bounce:

Bealman

jpendle

So George @Bealman , look away now.

A parcel arrived today from Rails of Sheffield, I haven't used them before but their new website is a lot better for international orders so I thought I'd give them a try before my Revolution Biomass Hoppers are ready.

It contained two beautiful, slab sided boxes on wheels, what's not to like?

Box 1, resplendent in Large Logo BR Blue.

Box 2, Tango anyone?

And, news to me, light grey Farish gears.

The BR Blue one runs like a dream, the Tango one is a little bit noisy, we'll see what happens after they have been properly run in.

Regards,

John P
Check out my layout thread.

Contemporary NW (Wigan Wallgate and North Western)

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39501.msg476247#msg476247

And my Automation Thread

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=52597.msg687934#msg687934

Bealman

Newportnobby

The choice of gears is interesting, as the retooled class 20 had them as well.
Wonder if they're any better as regards split gears :hmmm:

emjaybee

Quote from: Newportnobby on August 28, 2021, 08:49:59 AM
The choice of gears is interesting, as the retooled class 20 had them as well.

Or, maybe they've changed the colour to make the splits easier to see.

???
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Tonye

:hellosign: I see Cheltenham Models has both the 66`s for sale at £119.95 , whereas Bure Valley models are asking £ 127.95. 
Tony .H

Dr Al

Quote from: Newportnobby on August 28, 2021, 08:49:59 AM

They should be - they appear to have finally gone back to white nylon, as Farish originally used all the way back in 1984. Those original gears very rarely split, and are generally considered to be the best Farish ever did.

Maybe finally the spectre of split gears on new models can be consigned to the dustbin of history. Of course there's so many earlier models still about with them that it'll still be a problem with them for years to come.

Cheers,
Alan
Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

"We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces."Dr. Carl Sagan

Trainfish

There's something about the class 50s which makes me need to buy them. Ok so this is an old model (potentially 38 years old) but it was listed as being on display only and with a winning bid of £55 inc P&P I just had to have it to add to the 8 (a mixture of Farish & Dapol) which I already have. It's just a little noisy but this may quieten down with a bit of running in.

John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations