Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roy L S

My TINGS bargain from the Bachmann stand. Supposedly a "return" BR black B1 no. 61045 weathered (according to Bachmann website) is not even released yet!!

I can find nothing physically wrong and it runs perfectly. Cost me £65. List (when released) £139.95...

Already run in, chipped and in service, seen here passing Whitrope Siding on a through freight.

Roy

[smg id=29146]

[smg id=29147]

[smg id=29148]

port perran

I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

johnlambert

Wish I'd realised what I good deal the weathered B1 was, I could use one for my layout.  I nearly bought a weathered Graham Farish WD 2-8-0 from the returns pile but it was completely dead when tested so I declined.  But top marks for the guys on the Farish Stand for offering to test it on their layout before I paid and for trying to see if there was another or anything quick they could do to get it to run.

I'll post photos of my TINGS purchases soon.

paulprice

Quote from: Roy L S on September 13, 2015, 06:48:49 PM
My TINGS bargain from the Bachmann stand. Supposedly a "return" BR black B1 no. 61045 weathered (according to Bachmann website) is not even released yet!!

I can find nothing physically wrong and it runs perfectly. Cost me £65. List (when released) £139.95...

Already run in, chipped and in service, seen here passing Whitrope Siding on a through freight.

Roy

[smg id=29146]

[smg id=29147]

[smg id=29148]

Looks like a real bargain, perhaps you should have bought 2  ::)

Dr Al

There's something odd about these - quite a few offered on ebay unweathered also...

Not sure what's going on there, but clearly they aren't duffers if yours is anything to go by.

Cheers,
Alan
Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

"We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces."Dr. Carl Sagan

Roy L S

Quote from: paulprice on September 13, 2015, 07:29:26 PM

Roy

Two reasons I didn't.

First "the Management" was in close proximity. She knows I have A2s on order and was there when Colin Allbright told me they are at Barwell. Ok one is to be my birthday pressie but she knows how much they cost...

Second reason, this was my seventh Farish B1 and I think even for a hardened Eastern/Scottish Region modeller that's probably enough!!

Regards

Roy

paulprice

Quote from: Roy L S on September 13, 2015, 07:48:56 PM
Quote from: paulprice on September 13, 2015, 07:29:26 PM

Roy

Two reasons I didn't.

First "the Management" was in close proximity. She knows I have A2s on order and was there when Colin Allbright told me they are at Barwell. Ok one is to be my birthday pressie but she knows how much they cost...

Second reason, this was my seventh Farish B1 and I think even for a hardened Eastern/Scottish Region modeller that's probably enough!!

Regards

Roy

Coward........actually I tend to do the same thing when then Domestic Overlord is around. I reckon we should go for the 10% rule, and only stop collecting a particular loco when we have 10% of the real things produced.

Now where to hide another 70+ Black 5's

talisman56

Quote from: paulprice on September 13, 2015, 07:58:55 PM

Coward........actually I tend to do the same thing when then Domestic Overlord is around. I reckon we should go for the 10% rule, and only stop collecting a particular loco when we have 10% of the real things produced.

Just the thing I need to persuade my own DO that I need the 11 WC/BBs I have plans for... :)
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

paulprice

Quote from: talisman56 on September 13, 2015, 08:14:50 PM
Quote from: paulprice on September 13, 2015, 07:58:55 PM

Just the thing I need to persuade my own DO that I need the 11 WC/BBs I have plans for... :)

Don't tell anyone but I have a bit of a thing for the old Hornby Dublo, added to my love of the Duchess means I have somehow accumulated a few more than the 10% rule, 51 at the last count, yes I have a problem

johnlambert

Some of my N Gauge Show purchases

N Gauge Society Collett BG in GWR 1947 livery

Dapol Pannier in BR Late Crest livery

Locally-themed private owner wagons for my 'preserved goods wagons' train.  Also a second Toad in BR grey.

Deal of the show (for me) 3-car BR Green Class 108 DMU for £100.  DCC chipped but runs fine on DC and has the original blanking plates.

Dapol Class 122 DMU in Green SYP - unpowered dummy

leachsprite4

Excellent purchases John, great choices all round.
Graham

Newportnobby

A couple of Farish weathered maroon GUVs (374-130B) were purchased at the Blackburn Show and will make suitable additions to parcels rakes...........

Dr Al

The weathering there looks suitably subtle, which is nice - sometimes it can be overdone.

Cheers,
Alan
Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

"We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces."Dr. Carl Sagan

railsquid

Not so much a recent purchase as a long term project which is gradually coming together - "recreate my first ever trainset, but in N". The original was a Lima HO freight set with a Class 33 and 6 wagons; I've discovered Lima did at least 3 of them in N as well (pictured here); they never did a 33 but the Poole Farish one (complete with pre-split gear) makes an excellent equivalent. All very naff but good clean innocent fun which keeps me off the streets at night.

scotsoft

That is a good little project touched with a bit of nostalgia  :NGaugersRule:

Cheers John.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations