Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulprice

Im off to Illfracombe for the weekend are there any decent and CHEAP model shops near by I can sneak of to and buy some additions to the fleet from? :laugh3:

Hyperion

Second A4 and first Mintirix!

Since it hasn't been run in a long time it took a little to get going.

Time to research how to pull it apart and where to clean / lube.
DC or DCC, that is the question.

Hyperion

Quote from: newportnobby on July 02, 2015, 10:15:02 AM
This site is well worth checking out if you don't already have it.............

http://www.minitrix.org.uk

Yes I have found that one already. Very handy indeed!

I missed the Mallard version of this loco recently on ebay. Went for less than $100 AUD  :(

Edit: I should look in the boxes more thoroughly. The manual was inside it!
DC or DCC, that is the question.

Webbo

Have run my Jinty in as per manufacturer's instructions. The loco runs at walking pace which is excellent. The weight of the loco is 40 g compared to the 100 g of my SD40, a North American diesel. The SD40 will pull 17 grain hoppers up a 1.6% grade easily, so I expect with the relative weights of the Jinty and the SD40, the Jinty should manage 7 such hoppers no worries up the same slope. Farish Mk1s are lighter than these hoppers so I'm expecting that the Jinty should easily handle at least 7 of these up my grade. More than enough.

Wonderful loco, and will probably turn out to be favourite from the UK.

Webbo

This arrived this morning.  :worried:

The wheels are 3mm in diameter, with plastic bushes that fit on a 1mm diameter axle. Using a 4mm x 11mm 3V motor with a variety of Nigel Lawton's pulleys and drive belts, plus a bit of hacking, it looks possible to motorise it!

Newportnobby

:goggleeyes:
I'd be scared of losing it amongst all the detritus on my layout (unless it was sound fitted of course :laugh:)

It may be possible to put a DCC chip in it, but I think a speaker is a bit much!

talisman56

Quote from: keithfre on June 30, 2015, 02:28:06 PM
Quote from: talisman56 on June 29, 2015, 12:16:45 AM
A certain SR loco arrived recently and this evening had an opportunity to get it run in and do a little passenger run on the test circuit...
I'm curious to know if the smoke deflectors are properly modelled as thin sheets, or whether they're just a bulge in the body as on the old GF model.

There be daylight between the smoke deflectors and the main body casing... so I would say the former.
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

johnlambert

British Railways' Standard 4, 2-6-4 tank engines weren't a common sight in the Birmingham area, in fact there was only one of the class allocated to the Western Region's Birmingham division and it was allocated to Leamington Spa shed in September 1963.

Leamington's example was 80072 where this is 80097 but it is close enough for now; the model must be one of the last Poole-style ones and, despite its lack of glazing, solid wheels and visible copper contacts really doesn't look too bad.

The single-car DMUs were regular performers on the line from the introduction of the class in 1958 through to the 1990s.  Several examples were allocated to Tysley shed, including W55006 represented here in model form with small yellow panels.

The destination blinds are appropriate too.  One reads "Stratford"

The other is for Honeybourne

port perran

Thanks for the photos John.
I'm tempted by the Standard 4 but must wait till I've bought the N Mogul which is, I think, imminent.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Newportnobby

John - I have the same model although its running number is 80088. A very smooth runner :thumbsup:
Maybe you could blacken the parts of the wipers showing with a permanent marker pen to hide them a little? :hmmm:

Paddy

Although the Standard 4 tank is one of Farish's original models it is really good IMHO.  The loco captures the powerful look of the real thing.

Kind regards

Paddy
Dream It | Believe It | Achieve It
HOLLERTON JUNCTION (SHED 13C)
London Midland Region
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=11342.0

BARRIES'S TRAIN SHED - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVzVVov7HJOrrZ6HRvV2GA

DELETED

Does this count?  Trying to put together a Dornaplas Crew Vehicle without much reference to go off (tinternet is very sparse on pics), the kit instructions are pretty rubbish at best  but you can figure them out just, the parts do fit better than anything whitemetal I've tried so far though.

mr magnolia

Quote from: mr bachmann on June 22, 2015, 01:33:34 PM
recent addition , good haulage too ,,,[smg id=26226 type=preview align=center caption="IMG 2317"][smg id=26228 type=preview align=center caption="IMG 2325"]
Mr B - what model is that? I think iive seen it advertised somewhere as a German unit?

Nice looking thing.

Donald

PS nice looking trestle! Although your multi storey buildings need a bit more disguising
:D :D

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations