Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

talisman56

Some recent acquisitions:

Firstly from the Nailsea show, Ray Heard had these on his stall...

A replacement for my ailing Farish Poole Brush 4

A couple of Conflats with 'A' containers

A couple of PO vehicles for the Grouping era - I didn't notice until later that these were Collectors Club specials.

A recent delivery from Kernow:

The four different SR 12T ventilated vans

Somewhere for the Guard to ride in.

A set of weathered fuel tankers.

PS.

As a comparison, the BR Bauxite van against a couple of NGS kit-built specimens
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Ditape

[smg id=23502 type=preview align=center caption="##10"]

After my recent run in with Dapol I was doubtful about buying more from them but I could not resist this bargain I spotted locally,but praise where praise is due, it runs great smooth and quite, not impressed by the so called factory weathering though.
Diane Tape

Trainfish

But you'll be able to weather it yourself now Di  :thumbsup:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Bob Tidbury

Now your a professional weathering artist Di  I'll have to bring some stock down for you to weather for me next time we visit  motherinlaw she lives not far from you in Queenborough Toothill .
Bob

Trainfish

Looks like there will be a queue at Di's door before long! I'm about a week in front of you I believe Bob  :P
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Dylan Cole

My latest purchase is the "City of Coventry".

[smg id=23548 type=preview align=center caption="#46240 City of Coventry"]

And now I need to order some maroon Mk1 & Stanier coaches to match.

steve836

I'm green with envy! Would have to run under rule 1 but who cares!
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

Bealman

That's very nice.  It will look great with the maroon Mk1s behind.  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Luke Piewalker

Looks lovely, but unfortunately not as keen on going in the forward direction as reverse, so probably going back  :'(

johnlambert

I haven't posted this on here yet.  An old Graham Farish GWR streamlined railcar.  A bit noisy but runs well.

DELETED

Have been a very naughty boy as I shouldn't be buying more but I actually won an EBay auction and got these VBA's to complete my rake of 6 now.  I'm not sure whether to contact the seller or not as they were missing the long couplers I need for my layout...

I also really like these VTG cement tanks, trouble is I need another 4 now :doh: 

daveg

Quote from: newportnobby on April 03, 2015, 09:51:31 PM
Quote from: johnlambert on April 03, 2015, 09:17:06 PM
A bit noisy but runs well.

My green one is exactly like that.

Snap - got 3 of 'em! But they do look great trundling down the track, making all that racket. My later Poole one(371-625) does seem to be a bit quieter than the other 2.

Dave G

gc4946

I took the plunge and bought Dapol's recently released FGW HST train pack.

My original plan was to buy the "dynamic lines" Mk3s separately.

However Dapol's first run of the FGW pack was well-nigh impossible to obtain, so I decided it was better to wait this time round.
It's probably the last chance to obtain it in this livery as FGW is rebranding their franchise as GWR introducing a mainly green livery.

If they decided to keep their HSTs after refurbishment, after failing to get DfT approval to purchase Hitachi AT300 dual-mode units (IEPs) for their West Country services, HSTs will almost certainly be repainted into their new livery.

So far it's been running OK on my test track.

All I'll need now is a matching TGS and I can reproduce this formation in miniature
http://www.hondawanderer.com/43042_Moreton-in-Marsh_2008.htm
"I believe in positive, timely solutions, not vague, future promises"

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations