Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Claude Dreyfus

It has been quite a long time since I purchased any UK N gauge - well in excess of a year - however a couple of us are looking at building a layout set in early 1970s Sussex and certain items would be required; for example blue 73s. I already have two, however one 73142 'Broadlands' is a bit late for the period we are looking at, therefore only 73108 would be useful. Well, that changed yesterday at the Farnham show when I spied the pre-tops blue 73.

It was reduced as it had an 'odd buffer', which upon closer inspection turned out to be the chassis not clipped to the body properly causing the buffer beam to be crooked. A little bit of pressure and a click later, all fixed.  :thumbsup:

It runs extremely well and looks great, but then I have always liked the Dapol 73.

Here she is with stablemate 73108 many miles from home at Kanjiyama!

johnlambert

Two more TTAs for my collection:

Also new D1038 Western Sovereign in green next to the limited edition Kernow Network Rail class 122 and Western Firebrand (neither are mine but were visiting).

Sorry for the fuzzy photo, here's a slightly better one of the Westerns, with D1005 Western Venturer (not new).

A closer look at the 122, with bufferbeam detail fitted:

port perran

Nice photos.
I've got the green Western and am so pleased with it.
And I like the look of the yellow 122. Wouldn't really fit in on Port Perran or Trepol Bay but it does look good.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Candy Apple Head

Here's my latest loco, bought for me by my lovely wife for my birthday. It's the new Farish Jubilee 45572 "Eire" in BR weathered late crest livery. As I'm modelling late 50s/early 60s BR midland region this is what I'd call essential! I think it'll look great whether hauling an express passenger service of Mk1 coaches or a mixed parcels train.

Runs very well, pulling four coaches (all I have!) with ease. After running in it was still a bit stiff at slow speed but a drop of oil on the rods, valve gear and wheels sorted that out nicely.

steve836

Yes looks good. I got "Mars" as a retirement gift. As you say a must along with black 5 and 8F if you are modelling B.R.(M).
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

johnlambert

The Jubilee looks magnificent.  I'm tempted by the current LMS livery version; although it is the wrong company and era for my layout.

gc4946

Quote from: Candy Apple Head on October 14, 2014, 11:18:22 AM
Here's my latest loco, bought for me by my lovely wife for my birthday. It's the new Farish Jubilee 45572 "Eire" in BR weathered late crest livery. As I'm modelling late 50s/early 60s BR midland region this is what I'd call essential! I think it'll look great whether hauling an express passenger service of Mk1 coaches or a mixed parcels train.

Runs very well, pulling four coaches (all I have!) with ease. After running in it was still a bit stiff at slow speed but a drop of oil on the rods, valve gear and wheels sorted that out nicely.

I'm tempted to buy an example for my collection as my father came from Eire.
"I believe in positive, timely solutions, not vague, future promises"

oreamnos

Farish 371-454 BR green Class 37 D6827.  Runs well and looks well.  £63 plus £6 p+p on ebay from some helpful person in Taiwan.

I'm not quite sure how he or she had this item in stock before I bought it since AFAIK it isn't yet in shops and there is no projected release date given on the Farish website.  It's also supposed to be factory weathered (I actually bought it because it wasn't; I don't like factory weathered locos) and it's pre-order price from Hattons is supposed to be £97.71.  But needless to say I am very pleased!

Matt

Ditape

The results of my latest round of e-bay bargain hunting I got this lot for just under £100, DCC Dapol 67XX,4 Lima container wagons and 3 Grafar mineral trucks in as new condition or as us older ones would say M.I.B. (mint and boxed)
[smg id=17477 type=preview align=center caption="#16"]
Diane Tape

Caz

Visit to Peterborough Show yesterday and amongst other bits and pieces I bought a Stove R in umber and cream from the N Gauge Society stand

And whilst not exactly stock, treated myself to a full size totem for the front of the layout.

Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

portland-docks

well today i picked up my replacement sound decoder from digitrains for my class 37, along with a few spare speakers, and i also picked up from my boys at TMC a weathered Bachmann collectors club coach, "royal train sleeper coach".

i cant get my photos to work properly so heres a photo i found on t'net, funnily enough its my boys selling the only other one they have.

now i have the transfers from adam for the rest of the royal train, but im just wondering, why did bachmann only release one of the 9 coaches? what about the other 8?

if they ever get round to it, i will have to have all of them weathered to match! yeh thats right! a dirty royal train! knew the royal family always had a dirty side :P ask prince phillip!
Visit my heritage Railway "moorside Valley Railway"

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=9280.0

see first post for exhibition dates

Dr Al

Quote from: portland-docks on October 19, 2014, 08:30:19 PM
why did bachmann only release one of the 9 coaches? what about the other 8?

I think it's a bit of an opportunist livery - the Mk1 sleeper's main sales liveries will be BR blue and BR maroon - I suspect Bachmann churned out these Royal ones also just as an oddity that folk will buy in addition to those core liveries.

Cheers,
Alan
Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

"We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces."Dr. Carl Sagan

portland-docks

Well they might aswell continue with the other 8 now lol
Visit my heritage Railway "moorside Valley Railway"

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=9280.0

see first post for exhibition dates

Dr Al

Quote from: portland-docks on October 19, 2014, 08:35:25 PM
Well they might aswell continue with the other 8 now lol

You could be waiting a while  ;) ...

Cheers,
Alan
Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

"We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces."Dr. Carl Sagan

scruff

Quote from: portland-docks on October 19, 2014, 08:30:19 PM
if they ever get round to it, i will have to have all of them weathered to match! yeh thats right! a dirty royal train! knew the royal family always had a dirty side :P ask prince phillip!

Sounds treasonable to me! :D

Cheers
Mark

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations