Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jivebunny

Amazing the kind of curves you can negotiate with the 156's close coupling and moving corridor connections  :D

Two of my latest purchases. I'm pretty sure this has never happened in reality  :P

JB

Adam1701D

Quote from: jivebunny on May 27, 2014, 11:35:49 AM
Amazing the kind of curves you can negotiate with the 156's close coupling and moving corridor connections  :D

Two of my latest purchases. I'm pretty sure this has never happened in reality  :P

JB

That Euro-Shuttle van is about the same loading gauge as a Lima Deltic!  :)
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

jivebunny

:smiley-laughing:

Although in this case the dimensions aren't plucked out of the sky  :D

In fact they're probably under-scale for British N, since they're built to continental 1:160 N scale - probably just as well since even at that scale they're already the width of a small OO gauge wagon!

Got a twin deck loading vehicle on the way to sandwich between this one and my dummy Shuttle locomotive  ;)

steve836

Is this one of the new SNCF trains in the post " the train arriving at platform 2" ?
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

joe cassidy

The SNCF has defended itself as follows :

1) it's not unusual (to quote Tom Jones) to renovate the platforms every 150 years

2) the cost is only 50 million Euros

3) why should France have to put up with narrower trains than the rest of Europe ?

I'm a believer ! (to quote the Monkees).

Best regards,

Joe

kaiwhara

Quote from: jivebunny on May 27, 2014, 11:35:49 AM

JB

:o Geez I knew they were big but not that big!
:Class414:  :NGaugersRule: :Class37:

My Model Planning Thread:

(Click on Picture to view thread)

View my photos at my Flickr Account

kaiwhara

1936ace

kaiwhara

Shhhhhh this is a family show Bart!  :angel: :beers:

Hattons have them on special so given the VAT reduction for not being in an EU country, it works out about $150 New Zealand including postage. That is very affordable.

Still one more in the post...

1936ace

So that's works our to be about A$3.50 then  :D :wave:
Being serious now, that is great and they look awesome. Don't know much about them in real like and it's a bit too modern for my setup but then again I am known to stretch the old rule #1 but I got into trouble when Nicole picked me up from work last week due to hattons sending three parcels all turning up in the same week oops
I'm on my way home after nightshift so I think I will jump on the net and gave a look at these multiple units. Again not my region but I'd love. 4cep
Bart

kaiwhara

Well it's like anything Bart. I primarily *want* a Network South East layout with lots of Slam Door EMU's and 442's. BUT, I cannot resist having a few 450's, some 313's and 442's in SWT colours once the TPM kit becomes available (which is sounding increasingly likely!)

Andrew

Chetcombe

A factory weathered Western arrived recently, which is gloriously filthy. Apologies, the pic was taken on an iPhone and is not great but good enough to show how wonderfully different it is from the non weathered version. With this and the weathered Class 22, Dapol has really raised the game in terms of factory weathering.

Mike

See my layout here Chetcombe
Videos of Chetcombe on YouTube

NeMo

Quote from: newportnobby on May 28, 2014, 04:02:19 AM
Looks superb, Mike :thumbsup:
Any chance of some more pics, please?
Definitely! But in the meantime, you may want to look at  the snaps up at Hattons or the vendor of your choice.

This off-the-shelf weathering is getting really good now. I had the weathered Hymek that Dapol released a few years ago, and it pretty much looked like it had been sprayed with a bit of black paint and that was that! What you get now is so much better, and the price premium seems to be a mere £3 (at Hattons at least).

Cheers, NeMo
(Former NGS Journal Editor)

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations