Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joe cassidy and 21 Guests are viewing this topic.

dannyboy

Quote from: stevewalker on October 06, 2020, 03:43:17 PM
so the first we knew of it was when we found the food in the freezer already defrosted.

Get it all cooked quick and invite the neighbours round for a party ............. oh, hang on, that's not allowed now.  ;)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Trainfish

Quote from: stevewalker on October 06, 2020, 03:39:45 PM
We know the cause of the trips - too many electronic items with mains filters that (by design) leak to earth and the whole house being on a single RCD, so it being permanently on the verge of tripping. The fridge-freezer itself is running quite happily, but not getting the fridge or freezer below 9°C and not bothering to put the warning lights on either.

Sounds to me like there could be a refrigerant leak. In my opinion it's not worth the cost of repairing due to the low cost of replacement equipment these days.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Newportnobby

Quote from: dannyboy on October 06, 2020, 03:47:01 PM
Quote from: stevewalker on October 06, 2020, 03:43:17 PM
so the first we knew of it was when we found the food in the freezer already defrosted.

Get it all cooked quick and invite the neighbours round for a party ............. oh, hang on, that's not allowed now.  ;)

If a funeral is held for the fridge then 30 people are allowed :D

stevewalker

I can't find a coffin big enough - my wife can't even reach the top shelves!

stevewalker

Quote from: Trainfish on October 06, 2020, 10:12:03 PM
Quote from: stevewalker on October 06, 2020, 03:39:45 PM
We know the cause of the trips - too many electronic items with mains filters that (by design) leak to earth and the whole house being on a single RCD, so it being permanently on the verge of tripping. The fridge-freezer itself is running quite happily, but not getting the fridge or freezer below 9°C and not bothering to put the warning lights on either.

Sounds to me like there could be a refrigerant leak. In my opinion it's not worth the cost of repairing due to the low cost of replacement equipment these days.

Quite possibly. The previous one lasted many years and I had to replace sensors a number of times. In this case, with no fault indicated, I am not going to investigate further and we have another one on order, which being a little deeper front to back, has similar capacity while being a bit shorter (good for my wife) and has temperature displays on the OUTSIDE - why on earth do so many have indicators and/or warning lights that you can only see once the door is open?

Philip.

For the first time in over 10 years I won't be going to the Ski Jumping in Bischofshofen in January. Firstly the uncertainty of actually being able to travel or not on the 2nd of January due to us potentially finally crashing out of the EU 2 days prior {will planes fly, do I need a visa etc] and now blasted Covid, I today cancelled the hotel.

Thankfully I hadn't booked any flights as I was holding off to see what transpired. I'm absolutely gutted if I'm honest but just couldn't risk it.

Hopefully things will have calmed down by 2022  :(

Bealman

Didn't come close to winning a meat tray at my local club tonight.

Yeah, not exactly global earth changing news, but I'm still unhappy about it and this is the unhappy thread  ;)
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

emjaybee

Quote from: Bealman on October 09, 2020, 09:39:53 AM
Didn't come close to winning a meat tray at my local club tonight.

Yeah, not exactly global earth changing news, but I'm still unhappy about it and this is the unhappy thread  ;)

Here we go...

...back to your 'first world problems' again.

::)

;D
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Bealman

:laughabovepost: :smiley-laughing:

Me mates have gone home and I'm bored!  ;)
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

njee20

Quote from: Trainfish on October 01, 2020, 03:10:33 AM
Last year we saw a guy playing the bagpipes on Westminster Bridge in that London. He had a cap or something in front asking for donations so he could afford to see his daughter if I remember correctly. An hour later we saw him supping pints in the Red Lion in Parliament Street. At £6.85 a pint we decided we wouldn't put anything in his cap.

There was a busker in San Francisco whose 'patch' was the queue at the Fishermans' Wharf cable car station, a veritable hotbed of jovial tourists. He was extremely upfront in saying he welcomed donations, but in no way did he seek pity, he paid a fortune for the licence for that spot, he had a holiday home in Hawaii, and had put two kids through "college" on the procedes. I liked his honesty.

Trainfish

I thought this item would be perfect for my campsite. It arrived today and it turns out there are more items than in the picture but they are all Orribly Oversized. Return requested but I'm disappointed as they would have been ideal.

John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Delboy

I notice the ebay advert does not give a scale so perhaps they are OO gauge?
She who must be obeyed says I am spending too much time on this forum. I love her dearly but what does she know?

Trainfish

They are indeed OO (Orribly Oversized) gauge but they are listed in the N gauge section. Collectables>Model Railways & Trains>N Gauge>Parts & Accessories>Buildings, Tunnels & Bridges
John

<*))))><

Graham

Quote from: Bealman on October 09, 2020, 09:58:07 AM
:laughabovepost: :smiley-laughing:

Me mates have gone home and I'm bored!  ;)
well at least you can go out to the club

some of us dream of that.  :'( :'( :'(

one day we will be free.

stevewalker

Not with the idiots around here. My wife is classed as vulnerable and has hardly been out of the house for months. Yesterday, she was due blood tests and x-rsys, so I drove her there, then to a Tesxo click and collect and then to M&S for some items missing from our order. I was busy putting our items on the belt and didn't notice what was going on, until the cashier (unable to wear a mask for medical reasons) complained to us thay the woman in front had not had a mask, was coughing and was, by her own admission, WAITING FOR THE RESULT OF A COVID-19 TEST  :censored: what doesn't she understand about self-isolating?

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations