Political events over the last couple of days (in particular)

Started by Newportnobby, July 07, 2022, 11:18:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest10040

guest10040

hence me now being on moderation,

so, coffee NATO, Jaffa cakes and cushion [for my poor old bum]

joke now made.

stevewalker

I would say that on a written/graphical forum, it is easy for posts to be misconstrued. While posters may be 100% clear what they mean and know that it is not contentious, others, without the background knowledge, may interpret it differently and take offence or consider that it breaks forum rules. I would say that moderators should take down posts that are open to misinterpretation, even when they themselves know that it is not contentious ... at least pending clarification.

I know that I don't always get my own posts right, but I do try and add context that makes my meaning clearer. It is difficult to judge what knowledge others may have that may lead to others seeing something in a completely different light.

Trainfish

And poor old me hasn't got a scooby what this is all about  :*(
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Bigmac

Quote from: Trainfish on July 08, 2022, 12:06:25 AM

exmouth posted something about his private life--and it appears some person (s) thought it was political and complained to the management.  The post was taken down.

But it wasnt me--backstabbing is not my style.
i used to be indecisive...but now i'm not so sure.

Bealman

[mod]This has basically been clarified and cleared up, therefore the thread is locked.[/mod]
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Bigmac on July 08, 2022, 08:02:39 AM
Quote from: Trainfish on July 08, 2022, 12:06:25 AM

exmouth posted something about his private life--and it appears some person (s) thought it was political and complained to the management.  The post was taken down.

But it wasnt me--backstabbing is not my style.

@Bigmac and anyone else of the same opinion.......no one at all 'complained to the management' and there was no 'backstabbing' so I would suggest you PM the object of your accusations and apologize

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations