The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lil chris

Hi Mick they have a chart and they look when your last vaccine was. I am taking my 85 year old father-in-law tomorrow, hope there is not a queue, he hates queue's, mind you so do I. Lol
Lil Chris
My new layout  East Lancashire Railway
My old layout was Irwell Valley Railway.
Layout previous was East Lancashire Lines, changed this new one. My new layout here.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57193.0

lil chris

Angry today with post office, the guy on the van tried to deliver my parcel from wwscenics. I was out taking my 85 year old father in law for his booster. He has taken it back to the sorting office, I can not collect till tomorrow, trouble is no idea when it's open, no opening times on the door or anything, hopeless.
Lil Chris
Layout previous was East Lancashire Lines, changed this new one. My new layout here.

stevewalker

Around here, it is 07:00 to 12:00 - which is an absolute pain when I start work at 07:00, 12 miles away! Incidentally, the red card that they leave us, has the opening times of the local depot on the back ... maybe they're just (slightly) better organised here.

You can also get it redirected to any local post-office and you can collect whenever they are open (typically to 17:30 around here), but it costs you extra (50p last time I needed it).

lil chris

Thanks Steve, there are no times on my card, just online and phone number for re delivery. Last time I tried that it was a few days, last time I went to the delivery office it was only open a couple of hours because of covid, so not sure if they have gone back to normal hours yet.
Lil Chris

RailGooner

thebrighton

Bloody snowflake world in which we live.
To earn a few bob I am an exam invigilator, a senior one no less, and after this mornings exam I was having a chat with one of the admin assistants (of which the schools seems to have more of than actual teachers) about the world today and some of the pupils past and present who just cause aggro everyday, disrupt the exams etc. Anyhow about midway through I joked that some people (not said pupils) need rounding up, put in a field and bombed. I thought nothing of it and the chat went on for another 5-10 minutes or so.
After I got home I received a call to say the admin member had been offended that I thought people should be rounded up etc and put in a complaint under the 'safeguarding' mantel that I may harm some of the students so I now find myself suspended pending investigation.
When did the world leave me behind? It took me under 5 seconds of consideration to type out my resignation as I just can't be bothered to go into a hearing to defend a throw away comment taken out of context and used as ammunition by someone trying to make a name for themselves.
Rant over :)

Trainfish

Quote from: thebrighton on November 12, 2021, 01:10:21 PM
I joked that some people (not said pupils) need rounding up, put in a field and shot.
..............taken out of context and used as ammunition................

In fairness you would need quite a lot of ammunition  :goggleeyes:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

guest311

Bloody snowflake world in which we live.
To earn a few bob I am an exam invigilator, a senior one no less, and after this mornings exam I was having a chat with one of the admin assistants (of which the schools seems to have more of than actual teachers) about the world today and some of the pupils past and present who just cause aggro everyday, disrupt the exams etc. Anyhow about midway through I joked that some people (not said pupils) need rounding up, put in a field and shot. I thought nothing of it and the chat went on for another 5-10 minutes or so.
After I got home I received a call to say the admin member had been offended that I though people should be rounded up etc and put in a complaint under the 'safeguarding' mantel that I may harm some of the students so I now find myself suspended pending investigation.
When did the world leave me behind? It took me under 5 seconds of consideration to type out my resignation as I just can't be bothered to go into a hearing to defend a throw away comment taken out of context and used as ammunition by someone trying to make a name for themselves.
Rant over :)

I'm afraid typical of the world today, at least here.

of course, in some countries said offenders would be herded into a field and shot, and no one would say a word.

anyway, just to let you know, a place reserved for you on the step, please advise your preferences for biscuits and beverages to ..

the committee
Naughty step
NGF.

:D

emjaybee

I'm wondering whether to start a spreadsheet to avoid confusion when it's brew time.

:hmmm:
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

thebrighton

The most annoying bit is I said "need rounding up, put in a field and shot" so misquoted Kenny Everett's General Cheeseburger, sorry Kenny!

mark100

Quote from: class37025 on November 09, 2021, 07:30:13 PM

whayt does that tell the ordinary man in the street about the jab / booster.

Its a trial vaccine which I believed was voluntary, the NHS staff are seeing what is going on with their own eyes.

This is the UK Governments Public health England site which tells a different story to what we hear on the news. page 19 and page 20 on the link I have posted, although the very bottom line on page 20 raises eyebrows for Delta strain.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1018547/Technical_Briefing_23_21_09_16.pdf

February 2021 to September 2021

Vaccinated total 1779
broken down
during 1st 21 days = 17
after 1st 21 days = 149
fully vaccinated = 1613

unvaccinated = 722

if you are on Facebook take a look at Gareth Walton's timeline which includes a USA Senator talking about the Public health England figures which I have just posted.

Time will tell if it gets better or gets worse but no one should be forced to take this.

You cant get better than a Betta Fish

dannyboy

Quote from: emjaybee on November 12, 2021, 02:26:02 PM
I'm wondering whether to start a spreadsheet to avoid confusion when it's brew time.

We could take this a step further and book appointments for 'the step'. That way, we could make our comments and know that there was a place reserved on 'the step' if it was deemed necessary.   :hmmm:
P.S. Custard cream and coffee, one sugar, for me please.  ;)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

guest311

"coffee, one sugar, for me please"

so
NATO
not stirred  :smiley-laughing:

guest311

Quote from: Trainfish on November 12, 2021, 01:22:27 PM
I joked that some people (not said pupils) need rounding up, put in a field and shot.
..............taken out of context and used as ammunition................

In fairness you would need quite a lot of ammunition  :goggleeyes:

probably, once consultants fees settled, there wouldn't be enough left in the defence budget to buy any bullets. :-[

emjaybee

Anyone in a care situation should want to protect their 'charges' as much as possible, surely that's the point of nursing and care. If they can't be bothered to protect patients by having a vaccination then should they really be in that role?

As for any Warner Brothers University educated chump on FarceBook, well they can stick their tinfoil hat back on and trundle back to the Flat Earth Society.

Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77