The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevewalker

That is a general problem these days. However, the Covid vaccination system itself seems to be broken up into numerous separate parts, with no overall management, so there is no-one to go to at all who oversees it all and can direct you the right way, point out that some part of the system is not doing its part to that part or act to close loopholes in the system. The parts all just trundle on independently - when my wife had to miss her second jab due to other medical treatment, the GP was not handling any appointments for missed second jabs, but no other part of the system would take her on, as her first jab had been organised by the GP ... she was just told to wait, despite being classed as vulnerable.

It needs all parts of the system to be under the control of one, responsible, group and not operating independently.

guest311

we had our first and second jabs through our GP surgery, but they are not involved, so I was told yesterday, in booking the booster jab.

'you'll be contacted by e-mail or text' I was told.

presumably we'll have the faff of trying to get two appointments together, whereas with the others we were booked in together.

:veryangry:

chrism

Quote from: class37025 on October 14, 2021, 12:57:04 PM
we had our first and second jabs through our GP surgery, but they are not involved, so I was told yesterday, in booking the booster jab.

You're in the wrong town - we've had two Saturday booster clinics at our GP's surgery so far, with more undoubtedly to follow. Not this week, though, it's flu jabs this Saturday.

guest311

flu jabs last weekend, but surgery not involved with Covid boosters.

Newportnobby

Mum's surgery not doing boosters as they say they haven't got any so I have to take her to the clinic I had my first 2 jabs at in a couple of weeks time. I also believe the booster has to be a different make from the first 2 jabs.

chrism

Quote from: Newportnobby on October 14, 2021, 03:25:59 PM
I also believe the booster has to be a different make from the first 2 jabs.

Only if the first two were Oxford-Astrazeneca and you cannot have the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines.

From;
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/coronavirus-booster-vaccine/

QuoteMost people will be offered a booster dose of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine or Moderna vaccine.
This means your booster dose may be different from the vaccines you had for your 1st and 2nd doses.

Some people may be offered a booster dose of the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine if they cannot have the Pfizer/BioNTech or Moderna vaccine.

guest311

being a glutton for punishment, I once again contacted Yokel today to see what was happening with the parcel they say they collected, but then say they didn't.

result is ...
Thank you for contacting Yodel. Please find the details of your webchat conversation below.

Shubhani Goyal 13:10:57: Good afternoon, Alan. Welcome to Yodel Webchat support. I hope you are doing good.

alan 13:12:04: still trying to find out what is happening with my parcel. advisor on wednesday said you had not received it even though your tracking info says you collected it 18:00 monday.

Shubhani Goyal 13:12:33: I understand that tracking has not been updated. I'll help you with that. Let me quickly check the details and see what best we can do for you. Kindly stay connected while I am checking the details.

alan 13:13:33: Parcel status We have collected your parcel *This parcel requires a signature Estimated delivery date: Unavailable at this time Manage Your Parcel My Parcel's Journey • 11/10/21 18:00 We have collected your parcel • 11/10/21 00:00 Your parcel will be with us soon

Shubhani Goyal 13:14:38: Thanks for your patience. I have checked the details of your parcel. It looks like we haven't received this parcel for delivery yet, we've only received the booking details. It's possible that your parcel is still in transit to us from your seller. Once the physical parcel arrives, the tracking would be updated on our website. You can also keep a track of your parcel on (yodel.co.uk/tracking/JD0002248701957950/RH15 9JH). Alternatively, you can contact your seller for further information.

alan 13:15:27: that is what I have just sent you which shows you collected my parcel on monday

Shubhani Goyal 13:15:51: Alan, I completely understand that the website appears to be stating as 'collected'. However, it seems to have been collected by the third party which is allowed by the seller to drop the parcels at our depot. I can confirm that we are still expecting the parcel from the seller. We'll make sure that it is out for delivery as soon as we receive it. I would suggest you to have a word with the seller for further assistance on this.

alan 13:16:23: he has not replied to my messages.

alan 13:17:24: so someone with a van has my parcel, and has since monday, and when they finally give it to you then you will move it around the country to my local depot and then deliver it ?

Shubhani Goyal 13:17:41: I understand your concern but we haven't received your parcel yet in the Yodel network so I am unable to provide any information. I would kindly request you to please contact your sender for further assistance.

alan 13:18:32: according to the tracking info on E-bay, Tracking details Yodel tracking #JJD0002248701957950 11 Oct 2021 6:00pm Parcel Picked Up CUSTOMER LOCATION 11 Oct 2021 12:00am Parcel data received awaiting coll. MIDDLETON SERVICE CENTRE (YODEL) 11 Oct 2021 11:25am Tracking number provided

alan 13:18:50: at what actual point do Yodel get involved ?

Shubhani Goyal 13:21:41: Alan, I completely understand your point but trust me, as per our tracking the parcel hasn't been entered in the Yodel network yet. I'd kindly request you to please get in touch with your sender and you can advise them to contact us through the client portal so that we can proceed further.

alan 13:22:07: ok, will do. many thanks.

so it appears some oik with a van may/may not have collected my parcel, and been driving around/ or not all week with it instead of passing it to Yokel.

seller, beddingtextilesonline, on fleabay does not answer messages, so looks like time for a referral to fleabay to resolve.

dannyboy

Quote from: class37025 on October 15, 2021, 01:29:41 PM
so looks like time for a referral to fleabay to resolve.

Definitely agree. The thing that annoys me with some sellers on ebay is that they can receive an order and contact the courier to arrange collection the same day. The seller then has a tracking number, so they can update ebay and the item is shown as dispatched. Only it has not been dispatched. It could be a couple of days before the item is actually collected from the seller and, as it may be in your case Alan, the person collecting does not get it into the couriers system for another couple of days. But it looks good for the seller, as they appear to have dispatched the item almost straight away. It has got to the stage now where, if I have not received my item within 2 days of the stated delivery date, I file a 'not received' claim with ebay - that usually gets a prompt response and, of course, ebay have a record of the conversation(s).
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Newportnobby

@class37025 Your restraint is admirable, Alan. As one who doesn't like to see you in the 'sin bin' I thank you ;D

guest311

thank you Mick,

I am trying ....
VERY TRYING  :-[ :smiley-laughing:

guest311

I have messaged on fleabay the seller, pointed out that I have received no response to my message sent wednesday, and given him/them 24 hrs to respond before I contact resolutions.

we'll see what happens.

needless to say, if/when it arrives all letters will be utilised for the feedback  :veryangry:

Trainfish

He's getting closer to that step now........................

John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

guest311

with no response or refund from the seller, E-bay has now refunded in full, and will be, no doubt, chasing the seller for their money back.

I did manage to find the transaction in my purchase history,
and as I'm sure those who know me will expect,
a full and angry response was left as feedback, clearly stating the facts, which seem to have been experienced by other buyers as well.

not, of course, that I would be vindictive  :hmmm: >:D

RailGooner

Colgate make 44 different toothpaste products. That's right, forty-four! No it wasn't a typo, it wasn't my fat fingers hitting the "4" key twice when I meant to hit it once!

44!

There are ones that are good for fresh breath. Others excel at fighting plaque. Some help protect and restore enamel. Yet others still, fight gum disease.

But 44! All different!

Which one of the 44 am I supposed to choose?! Why can't they just make one Colgate that does every :censored: thing?!  :veryangry:

emjaybee

Quote from: RailGooner on October 25, 2021, 03:41:16 PM
Colgate make 44 different toothpaste products. That's right, forty-four! No it wasn't a typo, it wasn't my fat fingers hitting the "4" key twice when I meant to hit it once!

44!

There are ones that are good for fresh breath. Others excel at fighting plaque. Some help protect and restore enamel. Yet others still, fight gum disease.

But 44! All different!

Which one of the 44 am I supposed to choose?! Why can't they just make one Colgate that does every :censored: thing?!  :veryangry:

I'd like to refer you back to our other discussion on fear/profit/progress in another thread.

:D
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23