The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest311

ha -  :censored: ha.

you just can't please some people  :)

Newportnobby

@Trainfish
I really do wonder at your mental state if that duet sprang so quickly to mind, John :worried:

guest311

don't be so harsh on him, he had a delivery of beer by Herpes yesterday, so we all know he should be in a happy place. :smiley-laughing: :beers:

TrevL

You can get some cream for that, allegedly.
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

Trainfish

Quote from: Newportnobby on January 29, 2021, 11:05:24 AM
@Trainfish
I really do wonder at your mental state if that duet sprang so quickly to mind, John :worried:

I call it my lockdown state  :thumbsup:

Quote from: class37025 on January 29, 2021, 11:09:14 AM
don't be so harsh on him, he had a delivery of beer by Herpes yesterday, so we all know he should be in a happy place. :smiley-laughing: :beers:

I'm waiting on another, hopefully today so look out later  :goggleeyes:

Quote from: TrevL on January 29, 2021, 11:26:45 AM
You can get some cream for that, allegedly.

I can't find it on Pharmacy2u, do you know the proper name for it?  :no:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

emjaybee

I dunno what it's called, but I think it's the stuff they issue to Royal Fail delivery drivers.

Every time I'm expecting a Royal Fail delivery they seem to have vanished without trace.

:veryangry:
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

talisman56

Quote from: Newportnobby on January 28, 2021, 08:58:53 PM
Remove shoes/slippers and socks and walk round as much of the area as you can get to. Chances are you might find it :ouch:

My (unintentional) method of finding dropped track pins...  :doh:
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

dannyboy

On 7th January, I ordered some items from a company in the UK, which were posted the following day. So far, so good. The items were delivered, by Hermes, ( :(), a few days later - to an address in the UK!  >:(. I contacted the seller on the 16th and informed them of this fact - and basically got the reply "sorry about that, we will post another lot within 2 days". On the 22nd January, (six days later, I am informed that the new order has been dispatched. Following an email sent to the company yesterday letting them know that nothing has been received, I have been told that they will refund my money, in 3 to 5 days, and if the items do finally arrive, I can  keep them, so not a bad result, although if the goods do not turn up, I have had €35.98 tied up for nothing for over 3 weeks. What has really annoyed me though, is that on 19th January, I placed an order with another company, (here in Ireland), with a value of €79.02. On checking the order status this morning, the order is shown as delivered, yet the courier website, (UPS this time), says that the goods have been in transit, in the UK, since 22nd January with no mention of getting to Ireland!  >:(. So, if the goods have been delivered - when and where and if the goods are still in the UK, why is my order shown as delivered?   >:(. Needless to say, I have sent a, rather polite, email to them this morning. Trouble is, all you get is the excuse that Brexit is creating problems - I mean, flippin' 'eck, companies and couriers have known about Brexit for four years!  :veryangry:. On top of everything else, it is grey, wet and miserable outside. I am off to light the fire, put the kettle on and then watch last weeks 'Death In Paradise'.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Newportnobby

Quote from: dannyboy on February 01, 2021, 11:37:02 AM
then watch last weeks 'Death In Paradise'.

Now I can see why this is in the 'Angry' thread :-X
Why torture yourself, David?

dannyboy

But I am being tortured in a warm tropical 'Paradise'.  :)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

guest311

hope it's not like the winter of 1987,  :smiley-laughing:

Trainfish

Quote from: dannyboy on February 01, 2021, 11:37:02 AM
................it is grey, wet and miserable...............

Why did I immediately think of @class37025 when I read those words?  :P

EDIT: and before I can press enter there he is. Maybe that's why  :-[
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

guest311

you can go off people, you know  :'(

steve836

Quote from: class37025 on February 01, 2021, 01:52:18 PM
you can go off people, you know  :'(

That was one of my mum's favourite expressions.
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

Trainfish

I don't think @class37025 is your mum though  :goggleeyes:
John

<*))))><

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations