The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skyline2uk

Leroy Jethro Gibbs

A man of few words and many rules.

I suspect the fool you encountered today would not enjoy any of them.

Skyline2uk

The Q

Quote from: Skyline2uk on January 14, 2021, 03:56:47 PM
Leroy Jethro Gibbs

Skyline2uk
As played by Mark Harmon..at roughly $380,000 an episode..nice work if you can get it..

guest311

Quote from: Skyline2uk on January 14, 2021, 03:16:13 PM
Too bloomin right @class37025

Must say, being a total wuss, I wouldn't know how to handle myself in that situation.

Thankfully I have not seen a single instance of it, but I have yet to go shopping since the tighter enforcement either.

I 100% support your sentiment though, especially regarding the treatment of shop staff. I cannot begin to imagine the feebleness of somebody who behaves in that way.

A good friend of mine, also a shop worker, sums it up best I think:

"Don't abuse the grunts man"

(He is allowed to call himself a grunt, that's not a term I came up with!)

Stay safe

Skyline2uk

as far as I know, the term 'grunt' referred to the the basic infantry soldier / marine in Vietnam, not the REMF, but the guy out in the boonies, walking though mud and jungle, the first to get shot / blown up etc, and has become synonymous with the person on the shop floor, abused and not supported.

having never reached above the giddy heights of 'acting / unpaid / corporal' I am proud to be, if allowed, included in that classification.

those that can - do, those that can't become officers / managers etc

ok, I've known some really great officers / senior NCOs, I've also know some officers / managers who really should have been removed from the gene pool ! to protect the human race.

Trainfish

Good to see you back to where you belong Alan @class37025, on this thread. I was worried about you last week  :worried:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

guest311

I APOLOGISE

I lost my way, and ended up in the happy thread  :'(

normal service is now resumed  :smiley-laughing:

Newportnobby

@class37025 I concur with your definition of 'grunt', Alan.

We need a whole army of Jack Reachers, methinks.

On a separate subject I read today police have handed out 407 x £300 fines to lorry drivers for travelling in Kent without the necessary paperwork. Conclusions:-
Someone hasn't properly communicated the new rules which came into effect 1.1.2021 to haulage companies
or
Haulage companies haven't read the manual properly.

I'm quite sure drivers themselves will not end up out of pocket to the tune of £300 but, for crying out loud, they have enough to deal with without a 'REMF' to balls things up for them

guest311

a few more grunts let down by 'managers', who probably have a job taking a 10-100  :smiley-laughing:

guest311

think the term is

TSTBATR

ie

Too Stupid To Be Allowed To Reproduce  :smiley-laughing:

Snowwolflair

Quote from: class37025 on January 14, 2021, 07:44:05 PM
think the term is

TSTBATR

ie

Too Stupid To Be Allowed To Reproduce  :smiley-laughing:

But if that happened where would we get our future politicians.

Any kid saying they aspire to be a politician should immediately be put in special needs and be given a Child Protection Order.

guest311

Quote from: The Q on January 14, 2021, 04:21:35 PM
Leroy Jethro Gibbs

Skyline2uk
As played by Mark Harmon..at roughly $380,000 an episode..nice work if you can get it..

I'd rather watch him any day that that little shortarse cruise pretending to be Reacher, 6'5" 240 pounds.

he'd need more than a box.

now, Tommy Lee Jones, I could see him as Reacher  :)

Malc

Quote from: class37025 on January 14, 2021, 09:10:14 PM
Leroy Jethro Gibbs

Skyline2uk

I'd rather watch him any day that that little shortarse cruise pretending to be Reacher, 6'5" 240 pounds.

In the books, he's described as being built like a gorilla. Tom Cruise is built like a barbery ape.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Newportnobby

That being said, I have both films and think he made a decent job of the part. However, I believe Lee Childs has said he won't have Cruise in the lead role again.

guest311

unfortunately, as with most films,

read the book

remembered a few bits of it

made a film, that if you watched it you would hardly recognise the book.

I could list so many films 'of books' that actually bear no relationship, overall, to the book.

BUT I WILL NOT

I will take a deep breath, chill, then take HB for his second walk of the day !  :'(

guest311

Quote from: Malc on January 15, 2021, 03:32:37 PM
Quote from: class37025 on January 14, 2021, 09:10:14 PM
Leroy Jethro Gibbs

Skyline2uk

In the books, he's described as being built like a gorilla. Tom Cruise is built like a barbery ape.

on behalf of the Barbary ape appreciation society, I ask you to withdraw your comment !

no such response from the gibbon society  :smiley-laughing:

Malc

My apologies to the Barbary ape contingent, maybe a chimpanzee?
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations