Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest311

Quote from: class37025 on November 19, 2020, 10:12:29 PM
and, of course, Rocket's mum [Bluestone 42 reference]  :-[

we won't mention twins or bendy buses, this is after all a family forum  >:D

right now, off we ....  :-[

Trainfish

Good idea. I won't mention them as I haven't got a clue what you're on about even after googling.

I did go on a bendy bus about 45 years ago in Germany though  :thumbsup:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Flange Squeal

There's something alluring about bendy-busses. It's a shame Boris got rid of London's excellent fleet of Mercedes Citaros.

guest311

Quote from: Trainfish on November 20, 2020, 10:53:54 AM
Good idea. I won't mention them as I haven't got a clue what you're on about even after googling.

I did go on a bendy bus about 45 years ago in Germany though  :thumbsup:

you'd need to be a fan of Bluestone 42 to understand that one  :-[

and so, probably certifiable  :'(

talisman56

Hermes have really done it this time - SWMBO sent a christmas present to her BFF using MyHermes, as she usually does, successfully delivered.

Only, at 5.15pm (after the customer services has closed for the weekend) she received an EMail saying that the parcel, that we weighed at 212g, 'actually' weighed 1.2kg. There followed an invoice for £4.30 (£1.30 underpayment, £3.00 'Administration Fee').

Enquiry email sent off to email address on email. If they still insist, photographic evidence will be requested - I have photogrphic evidence of the parcel being weighed.

They'll get the £4.30 over my cold and lifeless body.

If you feel like it, sign the change.org petition: http://chng.it/shLzM8bFY4
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

stevewalker

Out of the literally hundreds of deliveries we have had over recent months, we have had problems with two - both with Hermes.

The first was a package of cupboard door handles that I needed for installation of the doors at the weekend. On the Friday, I finally found out (through my own efforts) that the package had been damaged and had been sat in the Hermes warehouse since Tuesday, but they'd not bothered to tell anyone - too late for the supplier to send more out on next day delivery.

The second was a sink for the same kitchen, with the supplier chosen as the only one that could get that particular sink to us in time. Hermes first told us that it was out for delivery on the due date (but showed it as being in the wrong city). Then two days later, they placed it (the wrong way up) outside our front door, rang the bell and left as soon as they saw me. It was raining and I had no shoes on, so it was a couple of minutes before I could bring the box in. As soon as I picked it up, I could tell by the sounds that the sink was broken. It was in about 20 pieces and there was no way that the courier could have lifted it without hearing that it was broken, but he'd just left it and run.

thebrighton

Just returned from this weeks shop at Morrisons and their social distancing has become a joke and it's not the fault of the customers, it lays firmly with Morrisons.
Over the summer they reduced the number of tills to 8 and expanded the number self service tills but what they seem to forget is that they are a supermarket, not a local convenience store where customers pop in to buy a handful of items. Everybody and I mean everybody had a trolley full and there wasn't a single customer using the self service tills. Only 5 tills were open meaning queuing down the aisles behind the distancing lines on the floor where people were still trying to shop and in a couple of aisles there were 2 queues! However it was a waste of time trying to keep your distance as once you reach the tills you are loading your shopping onto the conveyor belt back to back with the customer on the next till and when the customer that arrives at the next till is on the larger size you are literally back to back!
The staffs response - a shrug of the shoulders and "there's nothing we can do".

Newportnobby

Exactly the same at Tesco this morning. Also, the girl on the checkout must have trying to break a record for getting all my items through as they piled up and then she sat back and asked if I had a Clubcard, to which I replied "Yes - but it can wait until I've packed my shopping away" ::)

dannyboy

I had a similar experience at Tesco a couple of months ago - goods being scanned at a fair rate of knots. "Are you in a hurry love?", says I. Back came the reply, "Er, no", to which I answered "Neither am I". She did slow down a bit.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Dorsetmike

The 2 Tescos I use here, and Lidl seem to work very well; Tescos there is one queue for the tills on the furthest aisle, and along the back of the store if necessary, with members of staff each monitoring 3 or 4 tills all wearing headset comms and the member of staff at the head of the queue directs the next in line to till number xx,majority of tills are ooen. They have relaxed the down this aisle up the next, but the aisles are wide enough to keep reasonable distance, only problems I've noticed are ditzy females who can't decide which variety to get and seems to choose a position to generate a bottle neck and then gets out her mobile and gasses for half hour while the rest of us who know what we want can't get near it with her stood there oblivious.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Trainfish

Quote from: Dorsetmike on November 25, 2020, 02:59:21 PM
Tescos there is one queue for the tills on the furthest aisle, and along the back of the store if necessary, with members of staff each monitoring 3 or 4 tills all wearing headset comms and the member of staff at the head of the queue directs the next in line to till number xx,majority of tills are ooen.

We had this at Morrisons a few weeks ago now when I went shopping with the wife. However, once the young girl told us to go to checkout 7 (we were at around 15) the wife disowned me as I just couldn't resist walking along 15 to 7 shouting out SEVEN! in my best Len Goodman voice  :D
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Skyline2uk

Quote from: Trainfish on November 25, 2020, 03:30:39 PM
Quote from: Dorsetmike on November 25, 2020, 02:59:21 PM
Tescos there is one queue for the tills on the furthest aisle, and along the back of the store if necessary, with members of staff each monitoring 3 or 4 tills all wearing headset comms and the member of staff at the head of the queue directs the next in line to till number xx,majority of tills are ooen.

We had this at Morrisons a few weeks ago now when I went shopping with the wife. However, once the young girl told us to go to checkout 7 (we were at around 15) the wife disowned me as I just couldn't resist walking along 15 to 7 shouting out SEVEN! in my best Len Goodman voice  :D

Having only met you a handful of times and had dealings with you on here.....NOTHING in that paragraph surprised me  ;)

Skyline2uk

steve836

Quote from: Trainfish on October 17, 2020, 12:58:16 AM
Are you sure you meant gym and not Jim?

I thought he meant gin
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

lil chris

I have a couple of medical problems, one was the hospital advised me to contact my doctor as I am low on vit B12. I ring the doctors and was told to use the new  mygp app by the receptionist. I eventually downloaded the app onto my new phone and when I search for my doctors it is not listed, it mentioned my doctors may be a branch which it is, I found the main practice but according to the nhs is not set up, very annoying. I have managed to buy some multivits from my chemist but I get the feeling they do not want me to contact them. There are plenty of people out there especially pensioners who do not have smart phones, what are they supposed to do !
Lil Chris
My new layout  East Lancashire Railway
My old layout was Irwell Valley Railway.
Layout previous was East Lancashire Lines, changed this new one. My new layout here.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57193.0

ImpInaBox

I've got the opposite problem just now.  I keep getting reminders about the flu jab so tried to make an appointment using their online system only to find it's been disabled by the surgery.  Been trying to book and appointment by phone for 3 days now - when I'm around they're at lunch or busy.  And every time I try I get a 2 minute speech about :censored: covid precautions before it even gets to the menu!

Years agao I could phone up and get an aswer in seconds or just wander down to the surgery and be seen same day.
Mike

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing badly.

Current layout project: Halfway - https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=48537.0

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations