The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonclox

:veryangry: :censored: :veryangry: Ordered a pack of M8 Tee nuts for the lightweight layout joints the other week  and didn't open them till today just to check all is OK :doh:
What a  :censored: I should have ordered the M6 size,
Cant remember who I ordered them from etc.etc so now stuck with 50 of the damn things  :'(
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Trainfish

I think one of you has a screw loose
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

steve836

KISS = Keep it simple stupid

Tom U

This  topic is supposed to be angry...if you keep pitching in with jokes on the thread, a mod may come along with loctite  ;)

daveg

Oh alright then!

I'm Very Cross!  :veryangry2:

Why have BMW supplied a whole heap of their cars without working indicators? Is it a cost saving exercise or have they goofed and put the stalk in the boot rather than on the steering column?

Anyway, I think we're all a bit unhinged.

There!

Better?  :wave:

Dave G

woodbury22uk

Quote from: daveg on April 05, 2016, 10:15:43 AM
Oh alright then!

Why have BMW supplied a whole heap of their cars without working indicators? Is it a cost saving exercise or have they goofed and put the stalk in the boot rather than on the steering column?

Anyway, I think we're all a bit unhinged.

There!

Better?  :wave:

Dave G

Generally it is a loose nut at the wheel. Or was that the previous topic.

The M20/M25/M26/M40 was awash with 16 reg cars using daytime running lights in the fog on Sunday morning. Did no-one tell the drivers that they have no rear lights showing with their DRLs on? Recipe for a rear-end shunt from an Audi or BMW with loose-nut syndrome.

Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

Newportnobby

Quote from: daveg on April 05, 2016, 10:15:43 AM
Oh alright then!

Dave G

Having ridden motorbikes for many years (even though a good 40 years ago) I know from experience that indicators on BMWs are an optional extra which no one seems to take up :unimpressed:

Quote from: woodbury22uk on April 05, 2016, 10:24:10 AM

The M20/M25/M26/M40 was awash with 16 reg cars using daytime running lights in the fog on Sunday morning. Did no-one tell the drivers that they have no rear lights showing with their DRLs on? Recipe for a rear-end shunt from an Audi or BMW with loose-nut syndrome.

What about those who insist on using their fog lights at the first appearance of light mist? I haven't seen a fog for years which would make me use them but I do tend to use them in heavy spray on motorways.

Malc

Apparently the fog was so bad on Sunday that BMW drivers doing 80mph were forced to leave a 4ft gap between them and the car in front.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

daveg

Wow Malc! You could almost get a Smart in between them!

I'm afraid I slow right down when I am being tailgated but it is scary how close some people will drive. I wonder if it's to (try to) make you go faster or is it they are totally clueless about stopping distances?

On the fog light bit, I will use them at night in the lanes as it help spot the wildlife lurking in the verges but rarely use them on the main roads.

Dave G

Newportnobby

Quote from: daveg on April 05, 2016, 12:51:37 PM

On the fog light bit, I will use them at night in the lanes as it help spot the wildlife lurking in the verges but rarely use them on the main roads.

Dave G

I'm moaning more about the rear red ones, Dave, unless of course you drive down the lanes in reverse trying to sneak up on the wildlife :P

daveg

Quote from: newportnobby on April 05, 2016, 03:09:04 PM
Quote from: daveg on April 05, 2016, 12:51:37 PM

Dave G

I'm moaning more about the rear red ones, Dave, unless of course you drive down the lanes in reverse trying to sneak up on the wildlife :P

Completely agree with that, Mick.

Most cars fitted with the High Intensity rear light(s) have a warning lamp on the dash - BMWs, of course,  excepted.  ;)

Dave G

dannyboy

Talking of fog lights. I don't know why, but at least half the cars in Ireland are driven with front fog lights permanently on and that is with just sidelights in daylight.  :veryangry: At night, it is dipped beam - and front fog lights. I don't know whether drivers are using them as daytime running lights or not - maybe they are taught to do this when they take driving lessons  ???. I think I have had my fog lights on about 3 times this winter.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations