The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve836

Assuming you bought from a UK retailer I would take it back. They should exchange it for a UK one.
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

Dorsetmike

One thing that annoys me in supermarkets is the way they price large and small tins/boxes of the same product, shopping for myself alone I'm more or less forced to buy the smaller one as I often can't consume all the larger one within a "use by"; examples, 100g and 200g packs priced the same! Worse, recently a large tin of something on offer at £1.50, alongside the smaller tin of the same product at £1.69! I would have thought it would make sense to have a proportional offer on the smaller tin. As usual the pensioner gets ripped off.

I realise they usually claim that the smaller quantity will cost proportionally more for packaging and handling, but surely there is a limit?
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Agrippa

Why not just buy the bigger version and freeze what you don't use immediately.
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

Dorsetmike

As I live in a retirement flat space is at a premium, I only have space for a fridge freezer less than 50cm wide, I got the largest that would fit, by the time I put in packets of chips, hash browns, peas, carrots  and some meat and fish the freezer is full.

As the flat is rented I can't start ripping out built in units to get a larger freezer in.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Agrippa

I see your problem in a smallish retirement flat. An acquaintance of
mine (pub regular) had similar problems and bought a small freezer
which is kept in a broom cupboard, I was surprised when I saw it
it's a cube about 2ft each side.
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

Newportnobby

He must keep very small brooms in that cupboard :-X

Trainfish

Quote from: Dorsetmike on May 03, 2015, 01:50:49 PM
As I live in a retirement flat space is at a premium, I only have space for a fridge freezer less than 50cm wide, I got the largest that would fit, by the time I put in packets of chips, hash browns, peas, carrots  and some meat and fish the freezer is full.

As the flat is rented I can't start ripping out built in units to get a larger freezer in.

You could go halves with your next door neighbour  :thumbsup:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

paulprice

Right time for a rant...... :laughabovepost:

Is it just me or are the little copper coloured springs in Farish couplings just put there fore no other reason, than to ping out at you, bounce of your forehead and never been seen again??

Apparently they are there to help the coupling operate, which I think is a load of rubbish, its nothing more than a rumour spread about by some evil Master mind at Farish HQ, with the amount I have lost, sorry had exploded in my face over the past few months the spare room carpet should be blanketed in the little buggers. But no its not, because I think these little springy devils self destruct, moments after admitting a feint sound to give you brief hope that you heard the rough vicinity in which they landed.

Well be warned you Evil Spring Master I am on to you.......... >:D

Sprintex

See reply in other thread :)

Paul

railsquid

Quote from: paulprice on May 06, 2015, 09:24:03 AM
Right time for a rant...... :laughabovepost:

Is it just me or are the little copper coloured springs in Farish couplings just put there fore no other reason, than to ping out at you, bounce of your forehead and never been seen again??

Apparently they are there to help the coupling operate, which I think is a load of rubbish, its nothing more than a rumour spread about by some evil Master mind at Farish HQ, with the amount I have lost, sorry had exploded in my face over the past few months the spare room carpet should be blanketed in the little buggers. But no its not, because I think these little springy devils self destruct, moments after admitting a feint sound to give you brief hope that you heard the rough vicinity in which they landed.

Well be warned you Evil Spring Master I am on to you.......... >:D
Recently, while tidying up my room, I rescued not one but two springs from the maw of the carpet monster.

Now all I have to do is work out where they came from  :hmmm:

paulprice

They are not yours they are mine, give them back or I am telling MUMMY

MikeDunn

What has Imhotep got to do with this  ???

Mind, if you're bringing him in, you can have all mine, they're still in place though !!!

Jack

Quote from: MikeDunn on May 06, 2015, 06:43:22 PM
What has Imhotep got to do with this  ???

Mind, if you're bringing him in, you can have all mine, they're still in place though !!!

:laughabovepost: :smiley-laughing:
Today's Experts were yesterday's Beginners :)

paulprice

Typical, I have a chassis for my Ivatt 4 build, working at ready to be attached to the body, and the moment I am ready to do this the bloody thing decides to stop messing in gears.

I think the keeper plate may be a little distorted,  AAARRRRGGGHHHHHHH HELP HELP HELP

jonclox

:veryangry:       we have a stair lift remote controller at the top and one at the bottom of the stairs to make life easy to call the chair up or down to whichever is needed.
For a couple of weeks now the one upstairs refuses to obey any command made of it even though I installed a new battery so yesterday I removed the back via one screw  :-[ the switch contacts were filthy so a good rub over with Tomix track cleaner soon brought them back to new condition and all looked good but closing the cover is a nightmare. So far Ive spent 3 hours trying to reassemble the ^%* thing.
Now the other one is coming out in sympathy  :censored: :veryangry:
Service mans due Wednesday and I think he will probably moan like  :censored: about things then sell us a new one. Hes the most   :censored: Ive ever met
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP