The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Good result, Roger, especially by avoiding getting the insurance company involved :thumbsup:

Oldun

Quote from: newportnobby on August 21, 2014, 09:30:58 PM
Good result, Roger, especially by avoiding getting the insurance company involved :thumbsup:

No brainer really, door £42, insurance excess £100 + possible rise in premiums  ;)

Roger
Never take Life too serious, we are never going to make it out alive

Chocolate comes from cocoa which is a tree ... that makes it a plant which means ... chocolate is Salad !!!

daveg

Got back to my car recently to find a big crease by the nearside rear wheel arch.

Pretty obvious that someone couldn't judge the size of their car when entering or leaving the car park and didn't have the decency to leave a note.

Real nuisance as the car was going for trade in soon after our move.

Dave G

Greybeema

Same for me.  Left car in car park.  6 month old BMW 4 Series.  Came back, dent in door.  Dent is obviously caused by someone opening their door into it.  All I can say is they must have opened the door with some force...

No note...  No sorry...
:Class414:
Worlds Greatest Suburban Electric - Southern
(Sparky Arcy 3rd Rail Electrickery Traction)

My Layout on NGauge Forum:- http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=12592.msg154278#msg154278

Oldun

Quote from: daveg on August 22, 2014, 09:33:26 AM
Got back to my car recently to find a big crease by the nearside rear wheel arch.
Pretty obvious that someone couldn't judge the size of their car when entering or leaving the car park and didn't have the decency to leave a note.

Quote from: Greybeema on August 22, 2014, 09:57:51 AM
Same for me.  Left car in car park.  6 math old BMW 4 Series.  Came back dent in door.  Dent is obviously caused by someone opening their door into it.  All I can say is they must have opened the door with some force...       No note...  No sorry...

That's the trouble with a lot of car drivers these days. They seem to think its perfectly acceptable to 'ding' other peoples cars but, do it to their
car and they will 'hit the roof'  :scowl:

Roger
Never take Life too serious, we are never going to make it out alive

Chocolate comes from cocoa which is a tree ... that makes it a plant which means ... chocolate is Salad !!!

Bob Tidbury

I'm in a bad mood got woken up by my mobile at 3-43am with a text from Orange offering half price tickets to a rugby match at Twickenham How do you stop these stupid idiotic texts at that time in the morning .I threw the phone out of the bedroom door in my temper luckily it didn't do any damage my mobile is only used for emergencies ,think I will turn it off till the next time I want to use it.
A rather tired Bob

Agrippa

A while ago T Mobile had a racket, sending you text news flashes and charging about
30p a time I think,managed to get it shut off my mobile. The flashes were not instant
news scoops , often stuff like "Cameron to meet Merkel" etc.
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

EtchedPixels

Quote from: Bob Tidbury on August 22, 2014, 10:30:13 AM
I'm in a bad mood got woken up by my mobile at 3-43am with a text from Orange offering half price tickets to a rugby match at Twickenham How do you stop these stupid idiotic texts at that time in the morning .I threw the phone out of the bedroom door in my temper luckily it didn't do any damage my mobile is only used for emergencies ,think I will turn it off till the next time I want to use it.
A rather tired Bob

You phone up their customer service freephone number and complain, every text you get. It costs them real money to answer all your calls and escalate them all through their complaints people.
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Northman

Buy an alarm clock and turn the mobile off when you go to bed?

How did we ever live without the mobile nuisance - I always did and always will - just keep one in case of emergency.

MikeDunn

My manager on my current project looked at me aghast when I told her the reason I didn't answer my phone at 5:35 the day before was because I have it programmed to turn itself off at 5:30 ...

StufromEGDL

Hi Gang,

Just back from a lovely week in Scotland catching up with relatives and seeing the sights...and apart from the M6 back southbound today...which is a known quantity....all went well...

When I arrived home, I found a card from Yodel dated FOUR days ago stating that a parcel had been left in my safe place by the front door. Notwithstanding the Bank Holiday weather, there was no sign of the parcel whatsoever.

Guess that is over £30 wasted.......luckily it wasn't a high value item from our Liverpudlian retailer......

Grrrrrr!!
Stu from EGDL...
A selection of my pictures, real & model ARE NOW to be found at...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/swidnod/

I always find things in the last place I look. weird huh??

Agrippa

Quote from: MikeDunn on August 25, 2014, 05:10:25 PM
My manager on my current project looked at me aghast when I told her the reason I didn't answer my phone at 5:35 the day before was because I have it programmed to turn itself off at 5:30 ...

Manager phones you at that time! :goggleeyes:
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

EtchedPixels

Quote from: StufromEGDL on August 25, 2014, 05:16:43 PM
When I arrived home, I found a card from Yodel dated FOUR days ago stating that a parcel had been left in my safe place by the front door. Notwithstanding the Bank Holiday weather, there was no sign of the parcel whatsoever.

Guess that is over £30 wasted.......luckily it wasn't a high value item from our Liverpudlian retailer......

Grrrrrr!!
Stu from EGDL...

If the retailers agents fail to deliver it's the retailers problem. It's up to them to take it up with Yodel. The only thing you might need to do if they say it was put there is report the missing item to the local constabulary for a crime number.

If you really have an agreed safe place of "by the front door" then that may be another matter 8), otherwise if Yodel complain I'd use words like "grossly negligent" and if they claimed a safe place is agreed and was not then "fraud" might be usefully added to the vocabulary.

Same goes for ebay packages too - you paid for the supplier to deliver it to your address (and safely is kind of implied). Who they use and the performance of whoever they use is their problem.

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

StufromEGDL

Hi Alan,

I agree with you wholeheartedly......and I have no agreed safe place...that is just daft!!
Luckily, my neighbour spotted it, but only yesterday....so it sat outside my front door for 3 days......not a great advert for Yodel and a huge indicator that my house was vacant.

Bunch of cowboys in my opinion!!!

Later,
Stu from EGDL.
A selection of my pictures, real & model ARE NOW to be found at...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/swidnod/

I always find things in the last place I look. weird huh??

EtchedPixels

Yep - that's why I stopped using Hattons, they kept using Yodel even when told not too, and our Yodel delivery guy was so dull he didn't notice we had a doorbell even though I'd previously caught him and pointed it out forcefully.

Seems to depend on the localtion though - I know other people who think their yodel is great

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations