The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJM Dave

Hi Pete,

Sorry to hear of this as I know from similar experiences it's not pleasant.
In one, the driver drove into my partners car so fast it spin her stopped vehicle 360 degrees leaving her injured. He got out and went over to shout at her then drove off! She was too injured to take his details.

The second was a driver who drove I to the car directly in front of me, killing the father (driver), breaking the child's and mothers legs.
While I was tending the (not dead then) driver, the guy in the car got out and came over saying how he'd hurt his ankle.

FFS, these people need a check on reality, and a punishment to definately suit the crime!
All the best
Dave
N gauge Model Railway locomotive and rolling stock manufacturer.

scotsoft

As far as car crime goes, the punishment certainly does not fit the crime anymore.

They should be made to pay no matter what their circumstances are or however long it takes, hitting them in the pocket for a few years may make them think before getting behind a wheel.

I hope the insurance companies work quickly and get you sorted out soon Pete.

cheers John.

Big Dave

I lived in South Africa until 1995 - worst accident rate in the world and about 50% of drivers unlicenced or using a licence they "purchased".

I find the average UK driver very considerate except for my one pet hate !

I regard the speed limit as a limit, not a target. I drive a Matiz and when I am doing 30 in a 30 zone I frequently get drivers flashing their lights or even hooting because they want to do 35 or maybe more. I know some cars are perhaps safer at 40mph than my car is at 30mph because they have disk brakes all around, traction control, and top quality tyres. However why should I drive at a speed I feel unsafe at especially when rows of parked prevent me from seeing a child about to try and cross the road.

Skyline2uk

Won't get involved in the bigger debate here (though yet to see anyone post something I don't agree with), but I will say very sad to hear this Pete, I would not wish this on anyone.

I am very found of my car so I can only begin to imagine how horrible seeing yours smashed would be.

I hope this get sorted out as swiftly and pain-free as possible.

However, I will finish by saying....in a genuinely trying to be nice and not at all patronising way....that it could have been a lot worse.

Yes you have lost your only car and this will be a pain in the a*** but the only thing hurt was metal and the idiot that caused it. Humans don't come from dealerships, and no insurance in the world will replace the seriously injured or worse.

As that woman was screaming at the fool, like you say she could have had some pain from people like this.

Best of luck getting it sorted mate.

Skyline2uk

Newportnobby

So sorry to hear about this, Pete, especially on top of the 'glasses' situation.
People like this ought to be hung, drawn and quartered as a minimum :veryangry2:

Geoff

Sorry to here this Pete, I hope you can get recon-pence from the idiot some how, it looks like it will be hard to do if he was not insured to drive the car, lets hope he gets banged up for driving while being disqualified, could not imagine if some kid was crossing the road with that nutter driving, All the very best Pete I do hope you are able to get mobile soon.

Take Care.
Geoff

REGP

Sorry to hear about the crash, at least you and family or friends weren't in the car at the time.

Here's hoping you get the insurance claim sorted out without to much hassle.

Ray

Pete Mc

Thanks for all your comments,its kind of a bit of a comfort that some of you who I have met and some that I am yet to meet have said what you have said.

Now is the time for an update,I think.

Today I went to the BRM show at Peterboghorror.My heart wasn't really in it but after I got home last night,I rang our club secretary and told him about what haf happened and he agreed to pick me up from home,which was nice.

So,I'm stood talking to Legomanbiffo about what I want him to do to my Dapol hst(reblow with matched and sychronised sounds,ie individual engine starts,horns that sound at the front,guards whistle at the rear,etc) and my phone rings.On the screen it says Unknown,so I asked Bif if he minded me taking the call and he says go ahead.

When I answered,the call was from a woman,a wpc or wdc,can't remember which,introduced herself and began to fill me in on the progress of the investigation which I honestly didn't expect.

This is what she told me.

The nubnut who crashed into my car has been charged with drink/drive,driving while disqualified and aggravated vehicle taking.She said the aggravated part relates to him crashing into my car,the vehicle taking relates to not having permission off the registered keeper/owner to drive the car.All of which he admitted to,which considering he was held forcefully at the scene to prevent his escape,he really had no choice.This was also backed up with preliminary forensic evidence that showed he was indeed the driver of the car and its only occupant.

Due to all this,he has been remanded in custody at Doncaster Prison until monday where he will go to court to be convicted of the above charges.He has been told to expect a custodial sentence as its his 3rd time,thats the 3rd time he has been caught driving while disqualified and the police are going after compensation on my behalf frlor the hardship and loss he has caused to me.Quite how this will be gained I'm not sure but I am in total agreement and she said something about it being deducted from any benefits he gets because he is unemployed.Which is absolutely no surprise to me.

Niw you would think that a bloke in his late 20's would've grown out if this sort of behaviour but clearly not and a master criminal he isn't either apparently.

And finally,I tried to ring my insurance company last night using the claimline number on the back of my insurance certificate only to find,by way of automated message that the claimline number is only manned from 9am to 5pm monday to friday.I have to say I'm rather disappointed by this and once my policy expires I will be seriously considering changing to another provider,unless their handling of my claim is absolutely without stress and complications,sorted out quickly and efficiently and I get a nice car to run about in in the meantime,VW Golf or something like this would be nice.

So,mammaryhead is now detained at her majesties pleasure where he should be and hopefully,his wife has started divorce procedings because in my opinion and this is strictly my own,no woman who has kids or is contemplating having kids with a man who repeatedly drink/drives should be with that person,and yes,his car or her car had a child seat in the back!

But she probably loves him and he's just made a simple mistake,3 times.Or this is how many times he's been caught driving while disqualified anyway.God onky knows how many times he's got away with this and drink/driving without being caught.I suspect its many,many times.

Pete
:Class31: :Class37: :NGaugersRule:
Its my train set and I'll run worra want!

Pete sadly passed away on the 27th November 2013 - http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17988.msg179976#msg179976

Bealman

Sounds like things are going your way, buddy. Excellent news! It must have lightened up your time at the show and helping the weekend go a bit easier.

All the best and keep us posted!

George
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Chetcombe

Thanks for the update Pete, glad this jackass is getting his come-uppance. Fingers crossed your insurance company handle this with speed and decency

Good luck mate

Mike
Mike

See my layout here Chetcombe
Videos of Chetcombe on YouTube

Pengi

What a terrible thing to happen, seems like the police are on the ball but disappointing about the insurance company - let's hope they get it sorted quickly for you on Mon.
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

1936ace

hey pete, so will you be offering to cook his meals and wash his clothes then or will the taxpayer organise it for him :veryangry:

At least he will be of the streets

BArt

Big Dave

Pete, I think a car is a more dangerous thing than a firearm. People have to prove they are responsible enough before being allowed to apply for a shotgun for clay pigeon shooting. They should have to prove their character and there should not be an automatic right to drive. After putting you through what he did that "driver" should never be allowed on the road again because he has proved that his attitude/personality/values/conscience are below the minimum standard that should be a requirement for being allowed to drive. It is our "right" to be protected by this kind of person.

scotsoft

Quote from: 1936ace on October 20, 2013, 07:16:54 AM
hey pete, so will you be offering to cook his meals and wash his clothes then or will the taxpayer organise it for him :veryangry:

BArt

Plus he may find a large muscled lonely friend inside who takes a shine to him  >:D

It is good to hear things appear to be going your way Pete, but no matter how smooth they go you are still going to be inconvenienced so I hope you are awarded some compensation on top of a favourable insurance claim.  Enough at least to get you another HST complete with "reblow with matched and synchronised sounds, ie individual engine starts, horns that sound at the front, guards whistle at the rear etc."

cheers John.

Newportnobby

Quote from: 1936ace on October 20, 2013, 07:16:54 AM

BArt

No, but us taxpayers have to pay to keep swine like him in the nick with comforts many families would like to have :veryangry:
Bring back chain gangs, I say

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations