'Tis the season for..........................my wallet to get a good spanking

Started by Newportnobby, December 11, 2022, 10:20:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Maybe due this month (R.Mail permitting)
Rapido class 28
Rapido conflat-P triple pack in crimson
Rapido conflat-P triple pack in bauxite
Dapol M7 (I read somewhere they're hoping to get these in)

Maybe Jan
Kernow golden ochre class 31
RevolutioN class 128 x 2

Happy days! :)

Roy L S

In my case at least the Rapido RevolutioN 128 is already paid for and Wifey is buying me the golden ochre 31 (well technically a 30).

So that "only" leaves me to pay for a sound fitted 28 and 7 Conflats when Rails ship them.

Roy

Newportnobby

The class 128s are 50% paid for and I've just remembered I have £60 credit at Rails :sweat:

Lord help @Bob G as he seems to order half a dozen of everything

Bob G

Quote from: Newportnobby on December 11, 2022, 11:05:12 AM
The class 128s are 50% paid for and I've just remembered I have £60 credit at Rails :sweat:

Lord help @Bob G as he seems to order half a dozen of everything

Those 128s are ugly as sin. And RevolutioN didn't do the early 70s livery or style that I really wanted. That's why I only have 4 on order  :laugh3:

But I am looking forward to replacing my fleet of M7s, and getting a half-length Condor train.

I've never been as excited as when I got my prototype 125 train for my 60th.

In the New Year I will have to sign up to Collectors Anonymous and chant "My name is Bob G and I'm a collector".

Bob

martyn

Quote from: Roy L S on December 11, 2022, 10:58:05 AM
golden ochre 31 (well technically a 30).

Roy

More technically, a Brush type 2......... ;) ;) ;)

I've only got the J50 on order, with no news yet.

Martyn

Roy L S

Quote from: martyn on December 11, 2022, 12:14:03 PM
Quote from: Roy L S on December 11, 2022, 10:58:05 AM
golden ochre 31 (well technically a 30).

Roy

Oh yes, two of them too and a Farish sound fitted 4F but I'm not hanging my hat on any of those arriving until well into the New Year (Latest on J50s is March I believe).

Roy

More technically, a Brush type 2......... ;) ;) ;)

I've only got the J50 on order, with no news yet.

Martyn

Trainfish

Quote from: Newportnobby on December 11, 2022, 10:20:14 AM
.............my wallet to get a good spanking

To my knowledge   As far as I'm aware the trains will cost more than one of those  :o
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Bob G

Quote from: Trainfish on December 11, 2022, 05:58:10 PM
Quote from: Newportnobby on December 11, 2022, 10:20:14 AM
.............my wallet to get a good spanking

To my knowledge   As far as I'm aware the trains will cost more than one of those  :o

Like all things, it will depend on what is demanded in terms of quality, reliability, and attention to detail.
Does @Newportnobby prefer a Union Mills model that lacks the quality but will go on forever, or a high quality, expensive, and rarely available Farish model to drool after?  ;)

Skyline2uk

50% deposits on

1x Revolution 59001
12x Revolution Cawood Yellow PFAs

Plus an order (Gulp, nothing paid) for the 59201 / 59202 double pack.

All of the above should be with us next quarter

3x Revolution Cartic 4s are a bit further off, but again only 50% on those.

I thought I was relatively in the clear after those but then along came a Coal 31 and a Dutch 56 that may need to be grabbed sooner rather than later as they could become scarce fast.

No rest for the terminal N gauge nut.

Skyline2uk

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Graham

Quote from: Bob G on December 11, 2022, 11:33:23 AM
In the New Year I will have to sign up to Collectors Anonymous and chant "My name is Bob G and I'm a collector".
I think I will have to join you, along with a number of others on here.

as for the cost of a sp******g versus the new loco I will leave that to the obviously better informed than me.

GlenEglise

Ah! 'erm, well! It was like this you see......... They've been on pre-order for a while. I didn't know they'd be here in December now did I ????

Rapido Cl 28 Green

Rapido Cl 28 RTC

Conflat P 3 packs of three.

Well dear, I may have a couple of other things pre-ordered but they won't be here anytime soon.  ( I HOPE!)

OH NO, Modelrailwaysdirect just phoned today....  Farish Class 24 just landed.........

I am now in deep dododo :censored:

njee20

Quote from: Skyline2uk on December 11, 2022, 08:50:59 PM

Plus an order (Gulp, nothing paid) for the 59201 / 59202 double pack.

Fatal, it's just too easy to do that! I did that with an Accurascale 92. Totally conflicted now. I don't model OO. They're my favourite locos. It looks stunning. £190 on a shelf queen. Surely an appreciating asset?!

I've been a bit more sensible on more recent Revolution releases, but still got 3 Pendolinos, 16 mk5s and three 59s to come, and I fear they'll all be close together. Than the Farish 90s. And a sound fitted 60, which is already booked in to Mercig. Oh dear...

Graham

luckily I prepaid my Pendo's Mk5's and 59's. Just dont fancy seeing the look on SWMBO's face if they all turn up together, it used to be easy, have everything sent to work and then squirrel it home quietly. Now retired have to have everything sent to home.

Firstone18

With all the problems of delivery by RM, Evri parcels being lost or wrongly delivered and almost no way of contacting them, I'm not ordering anything I cannot collect myself. Living in a rural area I am mostly reliant on the RM and delivery couriers, and so many suppliers seem to be using Evri for some reason - cheapeness perhaps?
Cheers
Finally, after waiting over 55 years I am building a permanent layout in a purpose built shed!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations