Previous topic - Next topic

Snowwolflair

Cars!  I thought that far down Cornwall you used ponies.  :D

dannyboy

Quote from: Snowwolflair on November 04, 2020, 03:55:59 PM
Cars!  I thought that far down Cornwall you used ponies.  :D

Don't answer that Martin - it's a trap!
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

guest311

when I was on the AA  :-[ years ago, we had a spate of punctured fuel tanks. talking to a local copper he said they had a ?gang? going round who had a metal spike [hollow] connected to an electric fuel pump by a flexible hose.
parked next to the target car, spiked the tank, turned on pump and filled up their cans.

don't forget, also, that the 'rainbow' effect from spilt petrol/diesel on a wet surface can be huge for a small amount.

just lucky no passing smoker dropped a fag end  :thumbsup:

guest311

certainly think twice about piting your brains against his  :smiley-laughing:

daffy

If the petrol thief has been consistently careless with his handling of his ill-gotten fuel, go to the scene of the crime, touch lighted match to remnants of spilt liquid and watch as the fire trail leads inexorably to the culprit! - and thus would end their lesson for the day.

WARNING! This is not a serious suggestion  :telloff: and any following of stated procedure is at the match lighters own risk and responsibility. :D
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

joe cassidy

I'm angry because my Mum (92 years old) has just returned to her old folks' home after 4 weeks in hospital.

They cured her medical problem but they lost the top set of her false teeth.

So she is condemned to eating mush for the forseeable future  :(

guest311

at the [very real] risk of being deemed political,

am I the only one to note that if several decades of politicians, of all colours, had not been in such a rush to slash the military, both in establishments and personnel, we would still have had .....
military hospitals
staffed by trained personnel
who could have provided a much needed resource in the present pandemic...

of course, politicians have to make sure their troughs are full, rather than look after the people they are supposed to serve...

hence we now have, instead of military hospitals and staff, a wing at an NHS hospital,

and rely on NHS staff serving in the reserves to provide medical care for our forces.

but MPs etc no doubt have no thoughts on this, as long as their expenses and pensions are guaranteed.

I dare not continue, for I am sure further comment would lead to me being in the sin bin.

dannyboy

S'okay Alan, that's two of us heading for the sin bin.  ;)
David.

guest311

you bring a pack of cards, I'll bring crisps and a bottle of scottish water. :smiley-laughing:

Trainfish

Quote from: class37025 on November 07, 2020, 10:31:09 PM
at the [very real] risk of being deemed political,

I agree with the rule of not being political on the general forum but maybe we could have a little corner where we can talk politics. That way people can avoid if they want to as they know what the content is likely to be, maybe even password it if necessary? I'd be happy to moderate it as being political it shouldn't take much to moderate.

Just a thought  :confused2:

EDIT: I've just noticed that @class37025 has offered to provide the beverages. He would need to expand his range though  :beers:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

dannyboy

An interesting thought John - I would not complain if it was, as you say, in a little corner.  :thumbsup:

Addit: So that's me and John on the scottish water then.  :beers:
David.

themadhippy

Quotehad not been in such a rush to slash the military
:smiley-laughing: looking around it appears defense, in real terms received around a  2.5% increase   this year and nearly 10% over the past 4 years whilst in the same time frame the nhs has been cut in real terms by nearly 25%
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

guest311

looks like I'll need to bring a party seven  :-[

Trainfish

£39 for 10 litres of this. How many do you want me to put on your tab?

John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

guest311

not sure I'm ready to hibernate ..

who would walk HB each day  :hmmm:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations