Newportnobby

You didn't really expect intelligent and erudite conversation, did you? :no:
This is the t'interweb after all.

Skyline2uk

Quote from: Newportnobby on October 20, 2020, 11:49:27 AM

True.

But I hoped not to find out people think taking wedding photos on Railway Lines are a good idea....

Skyline2uk

Trainfish

Quote from: Newportnobby on October 20, 2020, 11:49:27 AM

Is erudite better than superglue?
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Trainfish

Here is the shortened version  :thumbsup:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Trainfish

I stopped a train once.............

John

<*))))><

Newportnobby

Your costume fitted better then. You've let yourself go since that pic (yeah, I know - rude) :P

Trainfish

It's an age thing obviously  :'(
John

<*))))><

weave

I've never met you John but I think I can speak for all of us when I say 'you're beautiful inside'.

Except, obviously, for all those flagons of beer sloshing around  :D

Trainfish

:laughabovepost:

I've never been inside though!
John

<*))))><

Skyline2uk

Quote from: Trainfish on October 20, 2020, 02:25:42 PM
:laughabovepost:

I've never been inside though!

Since when did this stop being "The Angry Thread" and become the "I feel slightly violated" thread?!

I have never felt the urge to say "Gentleman, back on topic please" more

:smiley-laughing: ;D :D

;)

Skyline2uk

Trainfish

To be fair I was angry @Newportnobby  for saying I'd let myself go and also @weave for thinking I'd been inside!

John

<*))))><

talisman56

Quote from: Trainfish on October 20, 2020, 12:34:06 PM
Here is the shortened version  :thumbsup:

All those people trying for the Guinness Book of Records 'Shortest duration of Marriage' category...  :doh:
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

Snowwolflair

On the BBC this morning.

A Swiss virologist working with Universities across Europe has just published a report confirming the current (autumn) spike in COVID19 is a completely different strain of the virus to the one in spring, which has almost completely died out.

The new strain originated in North East Spain and was first seen in a farming community in June, and has subsequently been spread around Europe by tourists.

So we are all now all suffering because of selfish people who just had to have a summer holiday.  :censored:

dannyboy

I have not heard the report as yet, but if it is correct, it just goes to show that, (and I know I have said this before), if people were confined to their homes for a period of maybe just two or three weeks, this virus could be eradicated.** I know I am over simplifying things and there has to be exceptions, but I, normally, only get out of my car once a week to do some shopping. (I have to use the car Monday to Friday to get Louisa to and from work). Surely it is better to be 'inconvenienced' for a short while so that we can all get back to some sort of normality, rather than some restrictions in some places, with less restrictions in other places? That, to me, just encourages people to move from one area to another.

** Maybe not eradicated, but at least controlled.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations