what are you listening to at the moment?

Started by findus, January 20, 2011, 12:06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

port perran

Quote from: Costa J on November 06, 2020, 02:44:24 PM
Quote from: Airfix 27 RA on June 20, 2020, 01:19:49 PM
Quote from: BRMan on June 20, 2020, 12:52:05 PM
Gong, what a band ....I'm a great fan of Steve Hillage, all his early, non dance stuff, especially Green

Yep, could not agree more, he is actually due to play in Hull in Oct at the Welly club, not sure if it will
go ahead.  Same for Gong, they are due to play in York in Nov, I have got a ticket, but not sure if that
is going to happen, hope so.

I had a ticket for the Birmingham gig. Gutted it couldn't go ahead.
Makes me feel old.
I saw Gong at a very wet, very muddy Glastonbury in 1971 I think it was.
Crikey - 50 years ago!
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

themadhippy

freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

Trainfish

You've been checking the electoral register haven't you? There's no other way anyone could have got that spot on without doing so  :laughabovepost:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Trainfish

Quote from: Costa J on November 06, 2020, 02:44:24 PM
I had a ticket for the Birmingham gig. Gutted it couldn't go ahead.

I've had 2 cancellations of gigs so far (aside from many local ones) and have postponed them to pretty much the same date the following year.

Aussie Floyd at Bath Forum is now November 2021 (This was originally scheduled for next Friday)

Giants of Rock festival now January 2022 (originally January 2021 featuring Walter Trout amongst others. I was really looking forward to seeing WT and hope he will be at the rearranged festival).
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

themadhippy

QuoteI've had 2 cancellations of gigs so far
60+ gigs cancelled for me this  year so far,along with the 19 remaining for the rest of the year
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

port perran

ntpntpntp

Currently listening to Broken Calling's latest heavy and angry tune  :censored:  It may not be to everyone's taste (to be honest the lyrical sentiments are not necessarily my thinking either, but the music's good)!  Somehow I think they're not totally enamoured with the current government  :no:

My lad plays 8 string bass and provides the low growly backing vocals and other contributions  :D

Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

port perran

Newportnobby

Listening to/half watching Pink Floyd's 'Delicate sound of thunder' on Sky Arts at the mo.

Trainfish

:thumbsup: I have it on Sky Q and marked as 'Keep' so nobody can delete it accidentally.
John

<*))))><

talisman56

Been watching Sky Arts since SWMBO released control of the remote after 'Strictly' finished this evening. Pink Floyd and now Nick Mason's 'Saucerful of Secrets' - what's not to enjoy...  :D
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

Trainfish

Me too and now saving it to Sky Q recordings. Sent the wife to another room to watch what she wants. What's not to enjoy?   :D
John

<*))))><

Newportnobby

@Trainfish
John - did you watch Nick Mason's Saucerful of secrets' afterwards. That was an interesting surprise with lots of older Floyd stuff being played. Somewhat decadently I watched it in bed with a glass of Southern Comfort :)

Trainfish

I did indeed. Thought I said that in my last reply though  :hmmm:

I have seen it before and yes, very interesting. Also Brian Johnson with Nick Mason was on afterwards. I'm not a fan of Brian Johnson as a TV type of person although I love ACDC. The programme is good and Nick Mason has a huge collection of vintage cars worth millions. He keeps them not far from here but I'm not allowed to say where  :uneasy:

He's also auctioning a load of amps and other stuff soon somewhere near here if you're interested as I know you're rich  :D
John

<*))))><

Newportnobby

Quote from: Trainfish on November 22, 2020, 09:19:23 AM
I did indeed. Thought I said that in my last reply though  :hmmm:
I know you're rich  :D

It was Talisman who mentioned it before.
I'm only rich 'cos I'm a tightwad and don't spend as much money on trains as you do! (to say nothing of having your wardrobe to keep up to date ;))

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations