So Who's in Self Isolation?

Started by Mr Sprue, March 23, 2020, 05:53:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nbodger

I have not been outside the house since the week before lockdown on Consultants advice as I am one of the million plus being shielded.

It has its advantages as I don't have to go out shopping, can spend the day doing model railways, some online shopping for those modelling essentials.

The layout has moved on in the last few weeks

Haven't got a clue what it is like past our property boundary except for watching real trains pass the house, but that is surreal, it's like watching model trains go by ie No Passengers

Stay Safe and Well

Mike H  8)

PaulCheffus

Quote from: Newportnobby on April 29, 2020, 11:59:19 AM
Tesco shopping quite civilized this morning, apart from the usual dolts who can't read directional arrows. Got everything needed for Mum and self apart from Vitamin D tablets which were completely sold out.

Hi

Probably because earlier in the week or late last week someone mentioned that vitamin D could help protect you against the virus.

My wife bought some a few weeks ago from Holland and Barrett but I guess they are probably sold out now too.

Cheers

Paul
Procrastination - The Thief of Time.

Workbench thread
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=54708.msg724969#msg724969

Mr Sprue

Nbodger

Quote from: Mr Sprue on April 29, 2020, 08:55:34 PM
@Nbodger

Just love that username!  :)

Reflects my modelling capabilities  :doh:

Mike H  8)

Bealman

Quote from: PaulCheffus on April 29, 2020, 08:51:59 PM
Tesco shopping quite civilized this morning, apart from the usual dolts who can't read directional arrows. Got everything needed for Mum and self apart from Vitamin D tablets which were completely sold out.

Hi

Probably because earlier in the week or late last week someone mentioned that vitamin D could help protect you against the virus.

My wife bought some a few weeks ago from Holland and Barrett but I guess they are probably sold out now too.

Cheers

Paul

Interesting. Been taking one a day since I got out of hospital last year.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

railsquid

Hi

Is bleach sold out too?  :D

Trainfish

John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Mr Sprue

Newportnobby

Quote from: railsquid on April 30, 2020, 12:28:36 AM

Hi

Is bleach sold out too?  :D

Nah - that just sends you clean round the bend :uneasy:

Mr Sprue

:laughabovepost: I just love your wit Mick  :D

Snowwolflair

Mr Sprue

For those of you that may have not clearly understood what Boris was saying in his announcement last night  regarding his 'Conditional Plan' in the first steps of relaxing self isolation, this video should make things a little more clear!

Snowwolflair

Quote from: Mr Sprue on May 11, 2020, 12:13:10 PM
For those of you that may have not clearly understood what Boris was saying in his announcement last night  regarding his 'Conditional Plan' in the first steps of relaxing self isolation, this video should make things a little more clear!

I'm sorry but the situation is far too serious to make fun of any politician at the moment.  they are all doing their best and what they do might just save your life.  Undermining them in any way is dangerous.  So I think comedians and a lot of journalists should all go back into their boxes.

Mr Sprue

Yes totally agree with you the situation is far too serious to make fun of any politician at the moment. Exactly the reason I posted this video.

For one avoiding anything political, the announcement that was delivered to the nation last night was anything but clear, there are many people confused today of what 'conditional plan' really means!

So apologies if my post offends I was making a point not looking for laughs! 

stevewalker

I would say the current plan is what was really intended from the start, but considered too complicated to get over to the public quickly - just "be careful".

Work from home if you can, but if not, go to your workplace as long as safe distancing and cleanliness can be assured or other measures have been put in place. You may have to travel in different ways or at different times, due to lack of capacity on public transport. You do not have to stay in your home, but don't go out too often and don't gather with friends and family from outside your household. Kicking a ball around with members of your household is fine, but not with other people. You can travel to go to somewhere quiet for a walk or just to enjoy a bit of a break, but don't do it if it's becoming too busy there. Keep your distance from all who are not members of your household and isolate yourself if you show any sign of illness or have been in contact with someone who has.

Basically, use common sense and judgement (sadly lacking in some people); assess the situation yourself and respond accordingly.

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £10.67
Below Goal: £89.33
Site Currency: GBP
 11%
May Donations