A British domestic train from Kato? 800 series available from May 2021

Started by woodbury22uk, February 09, 2019, 10:39:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboy

I contacted Rails on Sunday evening to ask if I had the original set with the wrong seats, or, because I got a set from the second delivery, did I have the corrected seats. I received a reply Monday morning. It did not actually answer my query, but did say that they would put the new seats in the post for me. I will have a look back through the thread later, but is there an obvious clue that the carriage has the wrong seats?
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

geoffc

Quote from: dannyboy on July 14, 2021, 12:35:15 PM
I contacted Rails on Sunday evening to ask if I had the original set with the wrong seats, or, because I got a set from the second delivery, did I have the corrected seats. I received a reply Monday morning. It did not actually answer my query, but did say that they would put the new seats in the post for me. I will have a look back through the thread later, but is there an obvious clue that the carriage has the wrong seats?

If the 2+2 seats are at the end which has the arrow on it that is the wrong seats, you will need to remove the body to see this.

Geoff

Nighthawk

When Kevin at Gaugemaster responded to my request for a replacement seating unit he advised me "For fitting, please select product instructions (selection button lower section of (Gaugemaster) Web Page), then select Kato for the download".
There are a number of articles to do with the class 800; download the one on seating which provides clear instructions and a link to;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPbIcQtq6kU

Very easy to follow - I had the job done in about 10 minutes. Just be methodical and note that all parts have an arrow somewhere to ensure that everything is assembled in the correct orientation.

Hope this helps,
John

KevinM723

Hi, I was interested in the Class 800 GWR patrolling my old commuter route, but noted the limit on track radius.

Some of my sidings are on Peco radius 2 which I believe is slightly tighter than recommended by KATO, has anyone tried the class 800 on these?

I was maybe hoping it would work but at lower top speed?

Thanks

njee20

railsquid

In case anyone's looking for inspiration for a scene to showcase their GWR Class 800s:

Dr Al

This is not a ringing advertisement for the reliability of IET.........all broken down....

Cheers,
Alan
Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

"We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces."Dr. Carl Sagan

KevinM723

Trainfish

I think the pickups need adjusting. Probably best to send it back to Gaugemaster or wherever it came from  :thumbsup:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Jack

Nobody seams to learn... Virgin's voyeur fleet have/had similar problems over the years during high seas I believe. Something to do with exposed electrics.
Today's Experts were yesterday's Beginners :)

Spanners70

Anyone know when the dcc chip kits are going to make it? My layout is dcc only so I'd love to be able to run my 800s

GlenEglise

GlenEglise

Yes, Virgin Voyagers were notorious for not going the distance.

The fault for all new fleets are that they are generally specified by the D. o T. who don't really know a lot about trains, customer requirements or operational needs.

Since the end of the "Joined up Railway" some 25 plus years ago now I cannot think of one new fleet that hasn't been met with great criticism.

GE

Adam1701D

The Class 802s that GWR ordered later were supposed to be "Dawlish-Proof" but the earlier government-specified 800s often run over this section as well. Not sure what class of unit disgraced itself on this occasion.

At least BR engineers know enough not to put electrical components on the roof of trains that operate through salt-water spray...
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

Newportnobby

I know naff all about this modern stuff although I did buy an IET.
Interesting to see they have formed 9 coach sets rather than have 2 x 5 coach sets like the one I have :hmmm:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations