Random Delivery

Started by Kaput, April 10, 2021, 12:57:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Les1952

I won the Hornby competition at Warley a few years back.  First I knew was two boxes of goodies turning up on the doorstep- a train set, a Junior train set, a loco, a wagon and something else I can't remember.  The only clue was small print on the address label- no letter or any kind of mention on the Hornby website.

They all made good raffle prizes for the next club show, apart from the loco which went in club sales.  I did let Hornby know at the next show where they were running the same  competition.  Those on the stand were quite surprised that there wasn't a paper trail with the stuff.

Les

Trainfish

I won the Hornby advent calendar top prize a few years ago, I think it was £500 to spend on Hornby. Not a lot of good to me so I bought £500 worth of stuff and sold it on eBay to fund my N gauge addiction :thumbsup:

That was in 2013 as I have just discovered from my post back then  :)
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

thebrighton

I don't know if they still do but Hornby used to have a monthly draw which I must have entered once even though the prizes were always OO. Anyhow around 7-8 years ago I received a Hornby King Arthur in the post with zero indication of where it had come from (it now resides on my fathers layout) and didn't connect it with the Hornby competition. My father asked me to look something up on their website (he didn't and still doesn't have the internet) and whilst on there I noticed the competition and past winners and there was my name! It had arrived around 6 months after the closing date hence me not connecting the 2.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations