The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest311

let me be honest...

I HATE CHRISTMAS !

it starts in august, has no relationship with the true theme, and is basically an excuse for supermarkets to move everything around so you can't find what you want, and if you can it has been repackaged, and of course repriced upwards, for christmas.

just returned from the bane of my life, Tesco, with SWMBO.

when I shop, it's a list / trolley / filled / paid and out of the door in under 30 minutes.

she came with me  >:(

nearly an hour later I finally managed to get her out of the doors, with about twice what we needed / wanted and a much lighter wallet  :censored:

"its christmas" was the continueing refrain, ignoreing my repeatedly pointing out that christmas is in december, and we still are not halfway through november.

am I just a miserable old git, or do I have a valid point ????????????

Trainfish

John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

dannyboy

As John says - 'Yes' and 'Yes'. Although if it was up to me, Christmas shopping would begin on the first weekend in December - no earlier!
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

guest311

THANK YOU....

when I were a lad, christmas was exciting, started early december, all a rush to get things done, carol services etc,

now, to be honest, by october I am FED UP with christmas.

bears no relationship to the real thing, grossly consumerised, and just an excuse to sell tons of tat that will probably go straight in the bin.

at least I now know it is not just me being a grumpy old git for no reason, I DO HAVE A VALID REASON  :thumbsup:

oh for the days of my [innocent] youth.

and an expanding list of those who are, or are not, my friends  >:D

emjaybee

Quote from: class37025 on November 13, 2021, 01:16:16 PM
Quote from: emjaybee on November 12, 2021, 05:24:06 PM
Quote from: class37025 on November 12, 2021, 05:16:37 PM
seconded  :thumbsup:

:smackedface:

You just can't get the staff.

sorry, must have missed the e-mail advising me that I'd be elected to the chair, having been sat in/on it for so long.

not sure I am happy about it, seems we are getting to like politics, the one at the top has a chair, the rest sit on the step / benches.

I move for an equal quality of seating for all members !

Call it 'length of service' status if you will, not a case of the 'one at the top', just 'the one that's been on it longest'.
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

guest311

is it not a great reflection on this superb forum that even on the 'angry thread' we can have such a laugh ?

emjaybee

If I didn't laugh at some of the things that made me angry, quite frankly I'd probably have been arrested a few times by now.
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

joe cassidy

Quote from: class37025 on November 13, 2021, 07:52:10 PM

when I were a lad, christmas was exciting, started early december, all a rush to get things done, carol services etc,

now, to be honest, by october I am FED UP with christmas.

You need to watch the film "Love Actually" with Hugh Grant  :)

guest311

I DO NOT BELIEVE IT  :censored:

our youngest daughter put a home shopping order to Sainsbury's, two of her sons are at present isolating due to positive covid tests, so she couldn't do a shop herself.

what is the problem you say ?

one of the items she ordered was cat food.

apparently out of stock, so a replacement supplied

CAPRI SUN  :censored:
what cretin thought that packets of orange juice was a replacement for cat food ?

needless to say she couldn't get any reply from them, and I don't see either her, or any of her friends, using Sainsburys again.

Trainfish

It's a well known fact that cats don't like the smell of orange although 1 of mine does but she's weird.

Mine generally prefer the lemon flavour Capri-sun though so why on earth would Sainsburys put orange flavour in?   ;D
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Newportnobby

Can someone inform the  :censored: living in this area that Firework night was 5th November and not something for the entire month? :veryangry2:

guest311

Mick @Newportnobby,

there is one upside of this,

my next door neighbour is a keen gardener and over the last month or so HB and I have managed to collect quite a pile of wooden sticks, usually about 3 ft long and around 1/2 inch square, on our walks, which have been given to her to use as stakes for her plants  :D

mind you, one was 3 ft long and around 3/4 inch square, would have done anyone it hit when it landed no good at all, but of course the cretins don't think of where their debris will land, or what injury or damage it could do.

they just like the bangs ......

mind you, I used to like the bangs as well, Browning 9mm, Sterling 9mm, Lee Enfield .303.

perhaps I should renew my enjoyment of said things  >:D

stevewalker

Quote from: class37025 on November 16, 2021, 10:25:51 AM
... the cretins don't think of where their debris will land, or what injury or damage it could do.

I remember being impressed, as a child, when one of our rockets fell back onto next-door's roof. It turned out that we'd done much better than that and they found it in the fireplace the next morning!

It does worry me how many places have plastic roofed conservatories nowadays.

Newportnobby

Many years ago myself, eldest Sis and her bloke went to a firework display at the Blists Hill Museum.
Part way through the evening she was struck by a burning piece of firework 1" below her left eye which left a circular burn mark.
Luckily there was a St.Johns Ambulance First Aid station on site, but that 1 inch higher and she could have lost the sight in her left eye.
I've hated fireworks ever since and give a monthly donation to St. Johns

Bealman

No backyard fireworks here, banned since the nineteen eighties.  :)

We don't celebrate Guy Fawkes anyway.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations