The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lawrence

Thought we didn't do political ranting on this forum?

No government in the world has handled this well, how could they? an ever changing viral pandemic with no cure and idiots happy to spread it freely because they don't believe it is real.
The country needs another lockdown but the money men in London (yes, the same that have been having illegal parties) are pushing the government (and it wouldn't matter who was in) not to do so because money is more important than lives, apparently.

guest311

having planned and got everything needed, including alcohol for internal and external de-bugging, had a phone call from no.2 daughter today ...

dad, can you get me a couple of bits from Tesco's ....

600 items later, ok an exageration, 400 items  :smiley-laughing:

headed down there.

sprayed trolley handles, sanitised hands, while crowds of  :censored: walked past to spread their germs, including nurses and care workers in uniform....

managed to get what she wanted, and without punching anyone in the face [how do staff manage to be so restrained with these cretins ?], checked out, put shopping in car then returned trolley to 'hut', turned round and nearly lost my left knee cap to  :censored: driving wrong way down the one one system.

'oy  :censored: look where you are going !'

turned and looked at him, then pointed out arrows showing he's driving in wrong direction ...

'I'm in a rush'

:hmmm:

' I'm tempted to drag you out of your car, kick you in the round spherical objects and teach you some manners, but I'll resist the temptation ....'
'you  :censored: get out of my way'

ohh dear ..

' shut up,  :censored: off the right way or I'll teach you some  :censored: manners'

:hmmm:

he's 4' sod all in his eco electric car which is why I didn't hear him, I'm 6'1" of ex RAFP / RMP[TA] and not happy ...

he turns left, and f/o the right way down the car park ...

and another shopper says to me

"well done, but I'd have twatted the  :censored:"

so nice to know I'm not the only one who won't suffer idiots.

Newportnobby

Personally I'm sick and tired of hearing this sector or that sector whining the actions taken are threatening to push their company over the edge. No one wants to see loss of jobs and any further impacts but if I worked for a newsdesk (and it wouldn't be for long, I have no doubt) I'd be asking these captains of industry just how much loss of life is acceptable to them to keep their business afloat.
Meanwhile..............

[gmod]Any further reference to persons of political parties will be deleted. Politics in general I consider fair enough but some are making it personal[/gmod]

guest311

I for one would love to see @newportnobby taking Tom's place on news at 10, even if only for one night  >:D

thebrighton

When will 2020 bugger off? Lost the mother in law and uncle in the last 7 weeks, no work or pay since February (I'm an exam invigilator) and late last night I heard a snapping noise from the kitchen but couldn't see what it was. This morning no heat or hot water and a warning light on the boiler. The fan has broken so no boiler and no local plumbers willing to come out until who knows when. British Gas will but not for 3 weeks. The year that just keeps giving.

thebrighton

Quote from: thebrighton on December 24, 2020, 10:33:48 AM
When will 2020 bugger off? Lost the mother in law and uncle in the last 7 weeks, no work or pay since February (I'm an exam invigilator) and late last night I heard a snapping noise from the kitchen but couldn't see what it was. This morning no heat or hot water and a warning light on the boiler. The fan has broken so no boiler and no local plumbers willing to come out until who knows when. British Gas will but not for 3 weeks. The year that just keeps giving.

As a follow up our Baxi boiler was unfortunately fitted by British Gas and it turns out that it was an exclusive model to them and my plumber has had zero luck trying to source spares so being the trusting guy I am I tried to source it too with zero success. I guess BG have a secret stash somewhere that they don't want to share.
Anyhow one supplier did think he may be able to source the combustion control unit at great expense within a couple of weeks.
As a result a new boiler is being fitted tomorrow which isn't costing much more than the part. Moral of the story is avoid British Gas ;)

guest311

I have finally found my way home .... to the angry thread  >:D

popped down to our local Tesco ... **** walking straight in, no sanitisation, pushing in front of you in the aisles. and was finally complemented by a lady on the self-scan tills as the first person today who had stepped back while she did her bits [don't ask] on my till.

what is up with these  :censored:

so nice to be back where I belong  :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:

Trainfish

Welcome home Alan, you've been absent from this thread for far too long  :D

I think it's the same everywhere with people like this. I walked into town yesterday to pay my respects to a friend who passed away 3 weeks ago, non COVID for what it's worth. I was stood with around 100 others who were all well distanced from each other to watch the funeral cortege pass and yet people still barged their way through us all. I think if you'd been there you'd have reduced their numbers significantly. I then went to 2 shops, 1 of them a supermarket and experienced the same as you describe. And finally, I went in to Superdrug who used to have 2 doors which would have been ideal to use as a one-way system yet they've reduced this to 1 door meaning people are brushing up against each other on entry and exit. Why?
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

The Q

You apply noticing the idiots in supermarkets now, the staff put up with them all year round.
I was a maintenance man at Tesco's for a couple of years..  I've had the idiots removing safety barriers while I was removing broken glass from a roof.
Pushing past my step ladder which was barriered off In store while I fixed a failed light fitting.

I put up big signs outside the ladies stuck to the door with Haz tape" Maintenance MAN inside",. "Please use disabled toilet" ( I was fixing a tap leak).
It didn't stop several women coming in complaining when they saw me and one let a stiffled scream..
The staff put up with a lot more than I did..

guest311

" and one let a stiffled scream.."

not got your big spanner out had you  :smiley-laughing:

honestjudge

Quote from: thebrighton on December 30, 2020, 01:57:28 PM
Quote from: thebrighton on December 24, 2020, 10:33:48 AM

As a follow up our Baxi boiler was unfortunately fitted by British Gas and it turns out that it was an exclusive model to them and my plumber has had zero luck trying to source spares so being the trusting guy I am I tried to source it too with zero success. I guess BG have a secret stash somewhere that they don't want to share.
Anyhow one supplier did think he may be able to source the combustion control unit at great expense within a couple of weeks.
As a result a new boiler is being fitted tomorrow which isn't costing much more than the part. Moral of the story is avoid British Gas ;)

In all fairness to BG. They don't make the Boiler, so like any other supplier or installer, will always source the parts from the manufacturer. If that manufacturer stops making the parts then you will be out of luck.
Generally a boiler maker like Baxi will make a model for 7 years then have a redesign, some parts will be carried over to a newer model, the other parts will be exclusive to the older model, and when those parts are all gone, the boiler becomes obsolete and you will have to buy another one.
If your boiler is over ten years old there is a good chance it is just obsolete.  As a former Gas service engineer for BG, Worcester Boilers, and Potterton Boilers, building in obsolescence is good for the business, its the way it is.

thebrighton

Quote from: honestjudge on December 30, 2020, 07:09:04 PM

In all fairness to BG. They don't make the Boiler, so like any other supplier or installer, will always source the parts from the manufacturer. If that manufacturer stops making the parts then you will be out of luck.
Generally a boiler maker like Baxi will make a model for 7 years then have a redesign, some parts will be carried over to a newer model, the other parts will be exclusive to the older model, and when those parts are all gone, the boiler becomes obsolete and you will have to buy another one.
If your boiler is over ten years old there is a good chance it is just obsolete.  As a former Gas service engineer for BG, Worcester Boilers, and Potterton Boilers, building in obsolescence is good for the business, its the way it is.

I hear what you're saying but I've dug out the paperwork for the boiler which states it was a model made exclusively for British Gas hence why no supplier can source the part even with the GC number. As for age it isn't even 5 years old but of course I haven't got a BG service contract so it's tough, cheers BG.
The one supplier who reckoned he may be able to get his hands on one in a couple of weeks was quoting over £500 + VAT before fitting. Evidently unlike most boilers the fan isn't a separate item.
Where possible I stick up for previous employers when inaccurate accusations are thrown at them but I am not blind to their shortcomings either.

honestjudge

That is a strange one as 5 years for a boiler is very young to be out of parts. Even made exclusively for one supplier,  most controls would be of a generic type.

I fitted a potterton boiler in my parents house in 1983. It is still chugging away, no parts changed yet and I have a box full of them in my garage, just in case. They don't make em' like they used to.

thebrighton

Quote from: honestjudge on December 30, 2020, 07:49:44 PM
That is a strange one as 5 years for a boiler is very young to be out of parts. Even made exclusively for one supplier,  most controls would be of a generic type.

I fitted a potterton boiler in my parents house in 1983. It is still chugging away, no parts changed yet and I have a box full of them in my garage, just in case. They don't make em' like they used to.

From talking to suppliers it doesn't appear to be a case of being out of parts rather than BG keeping sole control of them.
As for old boilers my parents had a new one fitted 5-6 years ago to replace the original one that came with their new house when they bought it in 1972! It only went as parts were impossible to source and their plumber who used to make or adapt parts sadly retired when he hit 80....

Lawrence

My boss managed to get the IT guy in to set up remote access for us so I am now having to do tech support from home again, using my own laptop and phone again without any reparation. I hate that horrible small man  :veryangry:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations