The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kmitchell

Quote from: Trainfish on August 14, 2015, 08:21:02 PM
Quote from: Sprintex on August 13, 2015, 07:02:53 AM
Quote from: Malc on August 12, 2015, 10:51:49 PM
Key loggers aren't that common. You have to visit a dodgy site and let it install some software.

Not always dodgy websites ;) I once visited a website for a good quality music shop to buy some guitar strings for my bro' in law. As soon as the website loaded my AV went mad blocking all sorts of files including various 'downloaders'. I contacted the shop by phone and advised them, seems their site had been hacked unbeknown to them.

This is why I don't mind paying a reasonable fee for a GOOD reliable Internet Security Suite :)

Paul

Let that be a lesson to you. Never search for a replacement G-string online  :(
Nicely put sir, and now I think i will go and read some other topics. Ken :)

Oldman

Bloody weather playing havoc with my health again. Back on the steroids and antibiotics. Trying to avoid the Tramadol  :censored:
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

Trainfish

Quote from: Oldman on August 14, 2015, 11:22:04 PM
Trying to avoid the Tramadol  :censored:

Keep at it fella! It's not easy avoiding it as it really helps (it did me anyway) but the after effects or trying to get off it again make it worth trying hard not to take it. I know I'll never take it again for any length of time although I have taken the odd one now and again like when I fell down a badger hole the other day but that's another story  :worried:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

jonclox

Quote from: Oldman on August 14, 2015, 11:22:04 PM
Bloody weather playing havoc with my health again. Back on the steroids and antibiotics. Trying to avoid the Tramadol  :censored:
I`m fighting the desperate urge to break into the steroids and  antibiotics myself. I feel that once I break into them to often they will become less effective and closer to habit  dependency. GP phone appointment on Thursday so will discuss it with her before delving into my stock of both
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Newportnobby

For those not in the know I am but one of 300,000 homes in the North west of England who can use their tap water for nothing but bathing and doing laundry due to a cryptosporidium infection at the water plant in Preston. We have been told to boil all water for drinking, food preparation, cleaning of teeth and washing of dishes/cutlery but anyone with any sense is buying bottled water for anything going into a mouth due to the bad taste the current boiled water leaves behind. I happen to live alone but I dread to think what straits the people with young children are in. However, as we all know,  :poop: happens.
What I find appalling is the lack of communication from United Utilities who, in some cases but certainly not all, were quick to advise the problem but haven't kept the folks involved up to date with progress in eradicating the problem. For the first week there were updates on teletext and the local BBC news but all I've seen recently is a quick comment on ITV tonight about how the lack of communication is 'wearing a bit thin' ::) We are in our second week now and, to be honest, it's a PITA :veryangry2: :veryangry2: :veryangry2:

Malc

When I was working in Oslo, they had the same problem with the water supply. Unfortunately, I don't speak Norwegian, so never watched the news and missed all the warnings. It was about 2 days before someone at work told me about it. Fortunately, I didn't suffer any ill effects. Must have been the quantities of Aquavit and beer I was drinking.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

dannyboy

Quote from: newportnobby on August 18, 2015, 09:48:24 PM
use their tap water for nothing but bathing and doing laundry due to a cryptosporidium infection
Talking about water, this is one thing that makes me angry -
I have lived in Ireland for about 17 years and for a lot of that time, one part or another of Ireland has been under a 'boil water' notice. Some of this is down to poor management and the antiquated system. Last year, it was decided that houseowners will have to start paying a water charge - there is uproar in some parts of the country. As people have pointed out to me, my water comes from my own well and, at the other end of the scale, it goes into a septic tank, so I do not have to pay the water charge. But, as I reply to them, I have to buy salt for the filter, I use electricity to pump the water into the house, I pay for regular servicing of the equipment and I pay for the septic tank emptying - so I have been paying water charges for the 15 and a bit years I have lived in my house. I honestly can not see what the problem is, it has been stated that the water charge is for updating the system and getting the water to peoples houses. You would not go into Tesco, (other supermarkets are available  :)) and deduct a few pence from the bill as you objected to paying for the goods being transported to the shop in a new lorry.
Okay, rant over. David.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Geoff

Well what a day today i am writing this from a hospital bed, I had to ring 999 from work for myself unable to explain but it frightened the life out of me, the ambulence and hospital staff are fantastic and caring.

Just so mad that this has happened to me, just hope I am not in hospital to long.
Geoff

MalcolmInN

Quote from: Geoff on August 19, 2015, 11:40:07 PM
unable to explain but it frightened the life out of me, the ambulence and hospital staff are fantastic and caring.
just hope I am not in hospital to long.
Oh dear, yes, very frightening the suddeness of this sort of 999 thing,
especially (in my case) should one call or not call 999, one being British one does not want to make a fuss !!! but after the event one is glad that one did and the system kicks into gear and one is still here to comment ! !
As you say the speed and care of the NHS staff etc  is great and it makes me so mad to see the nay-sayers and talking-heads in the media going-on about the NHS

best wishes,
and, we also, hope you are not there too long ! (espesially as you are prob. only getting 1/2hr sleep now and again between 10pm and 4am, then bliss for a couplahours till they wake you for rounds at 6am !!! what a regime :) )

MalcolmInN

Quote from: newportnobby on August 18, 2015, 09:48:24 PMdue to the bad taste the current boiled water leaves behind.
? what are you boiling it in ! ?

steve836

Wishing you all the best,Geoff, and a speedy recovery!
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

MikeDunn

Quote from: MalcolmAL on August 20, 2015, 02:06:07 AM
Quote from: newportnobby on August 18, 2015, 09:48:24 PMdue to the bad taste the current boiled water leaves behind.
Probably a pan - the issue seems to be the gunk they've put into the water to kill the microbes ...

Reminds me, must batch up with bro-in-law, he's in Mick's neck of the woods ...

Newportnobby

So sorry to hear of your troubles, Geoff, and hope you recover very quickly.

Quote from: MalcolmAL on August 20, 2015, 02:06:07 AM

A perfectly normal electric kettle, Malcolm, but there is a bad 'metallic' tang to it which wasn't there before the bug occurred. ???

MikeDunn

It'll take time for the treatment to finish going through the system, Mick  :worried:  Seems to be a slower process though than expected  :hmmm:

Newportnobby

Quote from: MikeDunn on August 20, 2015, 10:41:47 AM
It'll take time for the treatment to finish going through the system, Mick  :worried:  Seems to be a slower process though than expected  :hmmm:

As long as it's not my system, Mike :no: :worried:
They've now installed ultra violet 'zappers' in the pipework to hasten the demise of the cryptosporidium but, as of today, the instruction is still to boil water ::)

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations