The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidjhope

Still no Saloon from the N gauge Society.
Ordered it at the start of November.
Only reply was that they have a load of unopened orders
No help to me...

Getting worried

David

daveg

I had a similar worry when my order seemed to take an age, but worth waiting for.

I am sure yours will reach you but they do seem to be up to their necks with orders. Must be frantic for them.

Dave G

daveg

Just learned that my 93 year old dad has fallen out of bed and is in Watford Gen A&E with cuts and bruises.

My sis there with him is told it will be 7 hours before he can see a doctor. I'm driving up there to keep her sane.

Polite words fail me so   :veryangry:  :veryangry:  :veryangry:  :veryangry:  :veryangry:

Dave G

longbridge

Oh Dave it is terrible that he managed to fall out of bed but the fact that he cant see a doctor for seven hours is beyond comprehension.

I hope your Dad will be OK and our thoughts are with him, your family and yourself.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Chinahand

That's not good Dave. I thougt there was some sort of NHS obligation to see all emergency patients within 4 hours.
Regards,
Trevor (aka Chinahand)
[smg id=2316]

AndyGif

think the rules currently are they have 4 hours to asses you before they breach.

by assess i think they mean have a nurse look at you and decide your not dead yet and can wait until a tired non english speaking doctor can look at you.

if your lucky they send you to their CDU or clinical decisions unit which is nhs speak for we've not got a clue whats wrong with you yet, but if we put you in here you dont count as waiting any more....

Chinahand

Hmmm. Sounds as though the hospital is not up to scratch. My experience at Nothampton General have been excellent. I was referred to them with a suspected DVT and was seen immediately on arrival. Ultra sound scan done within half an hour, diagnosis confirmed and drugs administered all within an hour.
Regards,
Trevor (aka Chinahand)
[smg id=2316]

Tank

It's amazing really that as a nation we accept the '4 hour' rule.  Shameful in fact.

daveg

Interesting comments and thanks for the kind wishes which I have shared with aged parent.
Just to round off and close the story:

I arrived at Watford around 10:15.

11:00 ish From A&E we did get moved to CDU, but via a corridor as there was no room and a 'blue light was incoming and they needed the space. Dad had seen a very kind and sympathetic senior nurse who did the initial assessment.

13:00 A top up of the car park fee of £4 (running total £8) and a visit from the OT and Physio to check that my dad is almost completely immobile due to ulcerated legs.

No lunch - kitchen 'forgot' to deliver hot food to A&E so a sandwich offered to patient.

Visit from social worker who said that it would be up to docs to decide best course of future care.

16:00 Another £4 to keep the NHS carpark in funds. £12 parking. No option as double yellows for half a mile around the hospital next to the football ground.

17:30 ish. 'Will you be feeding my dad? He has been here since just after 07:00 this morning.' 'I'll chase it up.' It arrives 15/20 mins later after being told his choice of supper wasn't available. The alternative was cold and inedible.

18:35: First visit of a doctor who told us she'd been called to see dad 'just 5 minutes before I got here.'

We left him, all of us exhausted, around 19:15 in CDU still awaiting a visit from a consultant to decide which ward he may land up in. We have to call tomorrow morning.

Impressive, eh?

Dave G

Trainfish

Along the same lines as far as parents injuring themselves goes I found out yesterday that my 74 year old mother had managed to fall over at 'work', she does a bit for a charity shop on Saturday. Sister took her to A&E where they looked at her wrist which she said hurt and found it was broken. For whatever reason they couldn't set it until today, apparently it was an 'impact fracture' which ended up with the 2 pieces of bone alongside each other.
She then complained yesterday that her other wrist hurt. Off to A&E again and you've guessed it, she has broken that too!
So, off to hospital today (Monday) to have one set and put into a full cast and the other splinted and put in a 'half-cast'. Looks like my sister will be cooking her Christmas dinner this year then.

I hope your dad gets better soon Dave, it must be a bit of a worry at your dad's age.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

davidjhope

Quote from: davidjhope on December 16, 2012, 07:21:36 PM
Still no Saloon from the N gauge Society.
Ordered it at the start of November.
Only reply was that they have a load of unopened orders
No help to me...

Getting worried

David
Confirmation that it was posted yesterday.
Now more waiting
fingers crossed

scotsoft

Quote from: scotsoft on December 13, 2012, 11:04:05 PM
I found a blue postcard from the post office had been pushed through my letterbox today.
It turns out someone has sent me something with insufficient postage on it.
I have no idea what it is as I am expecting a few wins from eBay  :heart2:
Had to cough up £1.50 to have it delivered and that may take a few days  :veryangry:
This is going to niggle me till whatever it is arrives  :hmmm:

The offending post arrived today and the sender had forgotten to put a stamp on it which I cannot be angry about as I have done that myself, it is easily done when sticking stamps on a pile of cards.

So there are no bad feelings as getting the card shows that someone cared enough to think of me.
(perhaps I should have posted this in the Happy Thread)

cheers John.

longbridge

Quote from: scotsoft on December 19, 2012, 04:51:46 PM
Quote from: scotsoft on December 13, 2012, 11:04:05 PM
I found a blue postcard from the post office had been pushed through my letterbox today.
It turns out someone has sent me something with insufficient postage on it.
I have no idea what it is as I am expecting a few wins from eBay  :heart2:
Had to cough up £1.50 to have it delivered and that may take a few days  :veryangry:
This is going to niggle me till whatever it is arrives  :hmmm:

The offending post arrived today and the sender had forgotten to put a stamp on it which I cannot be angry about as I have done that myself, it is easily done when sticking stamps on a pile of cards.

So there are no bad feelings as getting the card shows that someone cared enough to think of me.
(perhaps I should have posted this in the Happy Thread)

cheers John.

Cant figure that one out John  ??? why would you want to be Happy when its more fun being Angry  :doh:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

EtchedPixels

Quote from: daveg on December 17, 2012, 10:34:35 PM
16:00 Another £4 to keep the NHS carpark in funds. £12 parking. No option as double yellows for half a mile around the hospital next to the football ground.

Thats a disgrace - I hadn't realised the English hospitals still do this - the Welsh assembly banned them from scams like that in Wales some time back and it doesn't seem to have caused any problems.
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Bikeracer

Quote from: EtchedPixels on December 19, 2012, 10:09:23 PM

Thats a disgrace - I hadn't realised the English hospitals still do this - the Welsh assembly banned them from scams like that in Wales some time back and it doesn't seem to have caused any problems.

My local NHS also charges for disabled parking bays as well.

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations