The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBQFC

well yesterday the wife's car decided to go caput took it to the garage needs a new radiator and some other bits will cots £600 so not to bad
but cannot get one till Tuesday so Clare has to hire a car this was arranged last night she went to pick it up this morning now Clare walks with crutch
she walks in explains why she is there for the chap to turn around and say are you safe to dive a car  :censored: :censored: thankfully one of his colleagues hears this and swiftly takes over and apologises before Clare could tell him what she thought of that comment any way he gave her a bit of a discount and hopefully the chap got a good telling off 

John

dannyboy

David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

grumbeast

Quote from: JBQFC on December 09, 2021, 05:21:09 PM
well yesterday the wife's car decided to go caput took it to the garage needs a new radiator and some other bits will cots £600 so not to bad
but cannot get one till Tuesday so Clare has to hire a car this was arranged last night she went to pick it up this morning now Clare walks with crutch
she walks in explains why she is there for the chap to turn around and say are you safe to dive a car  :censored: :censored: thankfully one of his colleagues hears this and swiftly takes over and apologises before Clare could tell him what she thought of that comment any way he gave her a bit of a discount and hopefully the chap got a good telling off 

John

Glad the idiot was told off and his colleague had a clue, my wife has CP and can't drive but has been stopped before now by Police for 'Walking' as they thought she was drunk, its so humiliating and there's very rarely an apology. 

thebrighton

Ideally I'd like a spitting feathers thread but the angry one will have to do.
You may recall a few weeks back I ended up quitting my exam invigilator job when an admin assistant took context out of the equation and decided me quoting Kenny Everett's "round them up, put them in a field and bomb them" meant I was a legitimate threat to the safety and wellbeing of the pupils as I condoned mass murder and had me suspended.
You may also recall I was immediately offered an identical role at another school but my previous school hadn't bothered replying to a reference request. Well they have now and aren't they sly little buggers.
They were very selective in what questions they answered and declined to answer any of the safeguarding ones so, of course, by omitting them covered themselves as they have said nothing but by not answering have implied there was an issue even if it was an imaginary one in someone's delusional brain.
Result - job offer withdrawn.
Aaaargh!!!!!

guest311

Quote from: grumbeast on December 10, 2021, 03:05:33 PM

John

Glad the idiot was told off and his colleague had a clue, my wife has CP and can't drive but has been stopped before now by Police for 'Walking' as they thought she was drunk, its so humiliating and there's very rarely an apology.

you have police walking in your area, or did you mean they drive past in their BMW 4x4, see your wife weaving along the pavement and decided she is an easier target than some scrote with a knife mugging someone, and stop. :veryangry:

grumbeast

Quote from: class37025 on December 10, 2021, 03:41:53 PM

you have police walking in your area, or did you mean they drive past in their BMW 4x4, see your wife weaving along the pavement and decided she is an easier target than some scrote with a knife mugging someone, and stop. :veryangry:

No they were driving, but in our case it was a huge Ford cruiser of some kind.  I still can't believe there is  still so much discrimination, our worst one is being told by a University that she was not being considered for a position because of their concern over her health care costs (of which there wouldn't have been any anyway. its a stable condition).   Even as her husband I wouldn't have believed someone could say that if I hadn't been in the room when she got the phone call... of course there was no proof, it being just a call.  I still can't believe how much disability discrimination there is, you put in a ramp instead of stairs and *boom* your done, check that box off, people with disabilities taken care of.  All of the focus lately on various marginalised and disenfranchised groups is great (it really is, I'm not  being ironic) but I feel society in general really doesn't give a damn about people with disabilities, there seems to be a sense that having some toothless, ineffective and rarely applied legislation means there's no longer any discrimination. Sorry rant over (for now anyway!)

guest311

Quote from: thebrighton on December 10, 2021, 03:37:51 PM
Ideally I'd like a spitting feathers thread but the angry one will have to do.
You may recall a few weeks back I ended up quitting my exam invigilator job when an admin assistant took context out of the equation and decided me quoting Kenny Everett's "round them up, put them in a field and bomb them" meant I was a legitimate threat to the safety and wellbeing of the pupils as I condoned mass murder and had me suspended.
You may also recall I was immediately offered an identical role at another school but my previous school hadn't bothered replying to a reference request. Well they have now and aren't they sly little buggers.
They were very selective in what questions they answered and declined to answer any of the safeguarding ones so, of course, by omitting them covered themselves as they have said nothing but by not answering have implied there was an issue even if it was an imaginary one in someone's delusional brain.
Result - job offer withdrawn.
Aaaargh!!!!!

and of course, you have no right of response.

as I understand it, an employer does not have to give a reference, but cannot give a bad reference nudge - nudge - wink - wink.

they can even go as minimal as 'joined us xx/xx/xxxx - left xx/xx/xxxx'.
which would of course be taken as 'don't employ this  :censored:, but gives you nothing to contest, as if they said 'he did yyyy' you could refute this, and supply evidence in support.

check list :
cushion, the naughty step is bare wood
thermos , coffee - NATO
very large bag of - Jaffa cakes, assorted types, custard creams, digestives, and a book to read while on indefinite suspension  >:D

thebrighton

Quote from: class37025 on December 10, 2021, 04:26:41 PM

and of course, you have no right of response.

as I understand it, an employer does not have to give a reference, but cannot give a bad reference nudge - nudge - wink - wink.

they can even go as minimal as 'joined us xx/xx/xxxx - left xx/xx/xxxx'.
which would of course be taken as 'don't employ this  :censored:, but gives you nothing to contest, as if they said 'he did yyyy' you could refute this, and supply evidence in support.

Indeed, they only have the ravings of an offended admin assistant making things up but have decided to go with her ramblings but have legally done nothing wrong with the content of their reference. This will no doubt come up again and again with future references so I have requested a meeting with the senior head and have had a chat with a solicitor mate and a letter from him will follow if they don't realise just how ridiculous they are being.

guest311

GOOD FOR YOU.

and remember...

Illegitimae non Carborundum

or to put it anglo saxon

don't let the  :censored: grind you down  :smiley-laughing: :thumbsup:

Trainfish

Quote from: class37025 on December 10, 2021, 04:47:27 PM
Carborundum

I'm glad you translated it as I thought it was a type of pasta  :P
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

emjaybee

Quote from: Trainfish on December 10, 2021, 04:50:30 PM
Carborundum

Plonka, you're thinking of Fusilier.
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Trainfish

Isn't that an infection of the hearing organs?  :hmmm:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

guest311

Quote from: Trainfish on December 10, 2021, 04:50:30 PM
Carborundum

what beer would go with that then  :hmmm:

JBQFC

Quote from: grumbeast on December 10, 2021, 03:05:33 PM

John

I have a friend with CP and in a wheelchair some of the time some of the comments she gets are unbelievable once a woman said to her that  it must be great to be pushed around all day  :veryangry:
her and hubby now have a good set of witty and sarcastic reply's

John

guest311

Quote from: Trainfish on December 10, 2021, 05:02:18 PM
Isn't that an infection of the hearing organs?  :hmmm:

not an infection, just a messy eater who got pasta in their ear  :-[

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP