Overpackaging

Started by stevewalker, January 18, 2022, 03:45:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PLD

Quote from: mickeyflinn on February 03, 2022, 03:22:26 PM
Quote from: PLD on February 03, 2022, 01:20:36 PM
The only thing of which there is a greater excess than packaging, is web forum threads on the subject of excess packaging ... ;)
This is the most recent previous example...

Which loops back to the start of this thread. Your point??
When posted that was in a different thread, (started today) directing to this one which was last months edition... Subsequently and very sensibly a Mod has merged the two together.  ;)

mickeyflinn

Quote from: PLD on February 03, 2022, 03:36:18 PM
Quote from: mickeyflinn on February 03, 2022, 03:22:26 PM
Quote from: PLD on February 03, 2022, 01:20:36 PM
The only thing of which there is a greater excess than packaging, is web forum threads on the subject of excess packaging ... ;)
This is the most recent previous example...

Which loops back to the start of this thread. Your point??
When posted that was in a different thread, (started today) directing to this one which was last months edition... Subsequently and very sensibly a Mod has merged the two together.  ;)

Ah, didn't know that. No mention about threads being merged. Apologies.

Steven B

Quote from: Newportnobby on February 03, 2022, 03:28:15 PM
I received 3 Peco points from Hattons yesterday in a box 10½" x 5½" x 4½"
As Di says, these could have gone in a padded bag and thus through my letter box (they weren't to be signed for). But still, anything to help Hattons keep costs down with standard size boxes blah blah ::)

Padded bags can be easily bent - I'd be happy Hattons chose something a bit stiffer (although I'm surprised they don't have anything thinner).

Steven B.

daffy

Obvious answer to the issue of receiving large boxes with minimal contents:

Help your retailer overcome the problem by contacting them before ordering to ask what size delivery boxes they use and then order enough items to fill your specified selected size.

Problem solved. ;)

:D

P.S. - SWMBO just received a few little items in a very large box. Happily the 'free' gifts of masses of crumpled brown paper and bubblewrap will help her pass the time of day while she pops the bubbles and practises ironing and Origami.
::)

Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Newportnobby

Quote from: Steven B on February 03, 2022, 04:55:10 PM
Quote from: Newportnobby on February 03, 2022, 03:28:15 PM
I received 3 Peco points from Hattons yesterday in a box 10½" x 5½" x 4½"
As Di says, these could have gone in a padded bag and thus through my letter box (they weren't to be signed for). But still, anything to help Hattons keep costs down with standard size boxes blah blah ::)

Padded bags can be easily bent - I'd be happy Hattons chose something a bit stiffer (although I'm surprised they don't have anything thinner).

Steven B.

An equal number of points came from another supplier sandwiched between two thick pieces of card, Steve. The card is actually more useful for modelling use than the cardboard box :D

Trainfish

Quote from: richmodels on January 22, 2022, 07:51:53 PM
I'm amazed no one has mentioned Hattons and their love of big boxes yet

Although kudos to Hattons, I'm moving shortly and they are good strong boxes for repurposing  :smiley-laughing:

It's just not the same now though without the string around the box from not so long ago  :*(
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations