Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ntpntpntp

A bargain purchase from our local village Toy Fair last Saturday :)  It's so rare that I actually find anything in N gauge of interest at the fair, I just had to have this as I felt sorry for it and I fancied the challenge of restoring it to working order :)  Memories of running British N back in the 70s and early 80s before moving over to Continental.

Original Poole Farish class 47 "Lady Diana Spencer" - brass gears and lights - up for £15 due to a detached bogie. I got it for £12.

It's actually in reasonable overall condition, just needed:
1) a new bogie retaining clip  which I drew up and 3D printed (cheaper and quicker than ordering a spare)
2) a fix for the entirely broken/missing battery box lugs, again I drew up and printed a plate with new lugs rather than ordering a complete replacement resin item.

She's noisy as you'd expect, but I don't mind that.  I like brass gears in my Continental N locos :)

Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

markie

Picked up this Schools Class from Rails Ebay Shop, £75.00 after the discount, excellent condition. Very good buy I thought. I'm not a great fan of Dapols way of using the motor in the tender to power the wheels in the loco but at this price had to go for it. It needs a good running in. Having to use rolling road at the moment, all my gear is in storage having just moved to the North East.

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Trainfish

John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Adam1701D

Great to see the finished product. I was able to make a few quick amendments to the artwork, including improving the BR arrow.
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

Jeff_W

All arrived today. I guess I need to find some hoppers to run with the 58s! :)

crewearpley40

Did you know during '84 and' 85 owing to the coal strikes class 58s were allocated to freightliner and oil duties? Maybe a good excuse.  I have pics of 58 on freightliner duties..looks impressive. Chris

Steven B

58s were found on other freight through the years, not just during the miners strike. There was a regular speed link train from Toton, Nottinghamshire to Greater Manchester for example.

Steven B

crewearpley40

Yes Steven thanks was aware of the Manchester flow

Jeff_W

Trainfish

13 of these new Yeoman wagons, 3 sent back for replacement and 4 more on order so 20 in total eventually  :goggleeyes:

3 of the Ford container wagons in the above video were also delivered this week.

I also had a new 03 delivered which runs really well but is no good for 13 Yeomans  :o

John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

crewearpley40

The 03 will be more suited to a yard ir station pilot duty as we know.  Love the containers and the mk 2 rake!

Foxhound

My usual Sulzer or Maybach sensibilities are somewhat shaken by the arrival of this...

and I happened upon a short rake (6) of these to go with it...

Not sure if there's any hope for my clay train addiction. Oh for a couple of Tigers....
Rob and Becky (artistic director)

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations