Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff_W

Picked this up recently:

I like the different Graham Farish sets, though they're a bit hard to find at times. I also picked up a few medium turnouts from Peco and some feeders/joiners as well.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Newportnobby on May 25, 2022, 04:10:53 PM
It's my intention to replace silver wheels with blackened ones where necessary (I think I have some somewhere), to fit the coupler that's missing (I deffo have some but will my shaky hands cope? :-[)

Successfully replaced the pizza cutter wheels on the 2 x grey Toads with (rightly or wrongly) spoked rather than 3 hole disc wheels (can anyone advise please?), but could I put a new coupling/spring in with shaky hands and shonky eyesight? Could I heck! 2 lost springs (and 1 temper later) I gave up for the day and will try again when I can glue one end of the spring onto the prong in the coupler box :-[ :veryangry:

Trainfish

Just speak to the carpet monster Mick, he will have your springs. Maybe Tacky Wax would be better than glue if you have any?

Meanwhile these are my latest acquisitions:

And a camera which needs a well wagon or similar so it can fit through my tunnels:

John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Newportnobby

Quote from: Trainfish on June 03, 2022, 11:56:34 AM
Just speak to the carpet monster Mick, he will have your springs. Maybe Tacky Wax would be better than glue if you have any?

Not sure if Tacky Wax would hold them in place long enough to get the coupling in, John. :uneasy:
No carpets here - all laminate flooring.

Moose2013

Quote from: Trainfish on June 03, 2022, 11:56:34 AMAnd a camera which needs a well wagon or similar so it can fit through my tunnels:

Any chance of a video and camera review write up?
:hmmm:

Trainfish

There's every chance of that @Moose2013  once I can work out how to download videos from it and also to make it fit through my tunnels
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Bigmac

a
Quote from: Newportnobby on June 03, 2022, 03:46:55 PM
Quote from: Trainfish on June 03, 2022, 11:56:34 AM

Not sure if Tacky Wax would hold them in place long enough to get the coupling in, John. :uneasy:
No carpets here - all laminate flooring.
another  tacky wax fan here--i have used it on coupling springs to hold them in place in the pocket--with another dab on the coupler shank. Also in the inside face of the coupler itself--to reduce any tendency to part company on the way round.
i used to be indecisive...but now i'm not so sure.

crewearpley40

Just a dab applied with a cocktail stick from a tacky wax user.

Trainfish

Quote from: Moose2013 on June 03, 2022, 04:39:49 PM
Any chance of a video and camera review write up?
:hmmm:

I've done a short initial review and write up on my layout thread @Moose2013 but I need to play around a bit more with the camera I feel to get the best out of it.
John

<*))))><

Steven.T

Picked up some Dapol spine wagons. Just need to find some containers to fit now

gc4946

My most recent addition is a secondhand Farish Fairburn tank 42073 with late crest, ticks several boxes being a former Neville Hill and Copley Hill based loco (Leeds) and now preserved.

It's a useful prototype having worked on the Southern and North Eastern Regions during its life.
https://www.brdatabase.info/locoqry.php?action=locodata&type=S&id=426454255&loco=42073
"I believe in positive, timely solutions, not vague, future promises"

Ditape

It will come as no surprise to those that know me I have added 2 more Westerns to my fleet this week, making my collection up to 49 only 21 more to get the whole fleet as built. :laugh3:

Diane Tape

Ditape

Sorry, a Senior moment my maths head was still in bed. :laugh3:
Diane Tape

mca0004

My newest family members; a Class 31/1 and a LMS Brake Van:

geofff

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77