Very Happy sub-thread that's nothing whatsoever to do with railways

Started by Vigo, May 31, 2019, 12:26:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vigo

For any fans of The Who: The greatest Maximum R&B band the world has ever known.

As you may have heard, what's left of The Who - the greatest band in the world... ever (did I mention that?), The Two, are touring this year on what I have resigned myself to believe will be their final tour.
There's a bit of a clue in the name of the tour, it's called Moving On. :'(

I am a life long fan, have been for 40-odd years. Seen them loads of times - all four, then three, then two and nowadays I always think the next time will be Townsend or Daltry on his own.
For some obscure reason, they're only playing one show in the UK on this tour (I know not why but it might be because they have a combined age of several hundred and maybe they need their Z time), at Wembley Stadium in July and the ticket prices are suitably extortionate. A decent seat was pushing £200 :o
Factor in ticket prices, train tickets, accommodation in that London, etc and it ends up costing a small fortune, so for what it's worth to us, my bezzie and I have decided to Bucket List it.

So.... Pair of heaven sent angels that we are.. :angel:

Brace yourselves California, the Mancs are coming......
:claphappy: :laugh3: 8) :claphappy: :laugh3: 8) :claphappy: :laugh3: 8) :claphappy: :laugh3: 8) :claphappy: :laugh3: 8) :claphappy: :laugh3: 8) :claphappy: :laugh3: 8)  :laugh:

With travel, accomm, etc, it's worked out at just over £700 each but the experience is..... Priceless.

The Hollywood Bowl, Los Angeles, California, USA

Excited? You bet your arse we are :bounce:

The only downside to this is that I've recently learned that Liam Bloody Gallagher is likely to be the support act :thumbsdown:
I was looking forward to Eddie Vedder or the like but no, we get this talentless parka wearing t**t.
I'm really annoyed by his arrogance that we should travel 11000 miles to see what is universally understood to be a has-been. Never mind, we can always find a bar while he's yarling his way through some indecipherable clinging-onto-fame-by-his-finger-nails-post-Oasis crap.

Bring on the Main Event :beers:

The Who... The Hollywood Bowl... No wives to control(?) us... GET IN :D

BTW. We have both been warned that we have 'form' and that they (our respective spouses) will cover most things we're likely to get up to but they WILL NOT post bail money.

We have been warned.... but we're good boys.. honest :P
In Memoriam: https://hadfieldsite.wordpress.com/

Latest project: San Pablo - Rural Spain in miniature (HOe ish)

emjaybee

Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Malc

First saw them in 1968 and many times since then. In fact I blame John Entwhistle for my tinnitus as I sat close to his base stack at several gigs. So have a great trip and enjoy the concert, i'm sure it will be awesome.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

chrism

Quote from: Vigo on May 31, 2019, 12:26:47 PM
As you may have heard, what's left of The Who - the greatest band in the world... ever

I'm sure that'd work better as "Who's Left"  :laugh3:

themadhippy

QuoteA decent seat was pushing £200
sitting? at a who gig? dont you know seats are made for standing on?
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

Philip.

I'd rather see Liam than those 2 coffin dodgers, oh wait I am  :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: seriously though, have a great time  :thumbsup:

RailGooner

Not a fan myself. However, I do recognise their richly deserved place in the pantheon of great music. And @Vigo your enthusiasm really comes across in your post. I hope you have one heck of a good time! :beers:

Railwaygun

Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind;
Ecclesiastes 2:11

This has been a public service announcement
It may contain alternative facts

Caveat lector

The largest Railwaygun, Armoured Train & Military Rail group in the world!

https://groups.io/g/railwaygun/topics

NGF Military threads

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?board=146.0

My Military Rail Pinterest area
https://uk.pinterest.com/NDRobotnik/

10mm / N armour Threads
https://www.10mm-wargaming.com/

Motto: Semper ubi, sub ubi

zwilnik

My Dad's band played support for them back when I was a toddler :)

Bealman

The U2 Joshua tree tour is coming to Australia in November, and while Bealman and the Bealettes are excited about that, he's a little dismayed to hear that Gallagher is support act for that, too.

Wonder if I dropped Bono an email, I could get him to change his mind and book Bealman and the Bealettes instead?  :D

Edit: I'm getting me Gallaghers mixed up, me thinks.

Anyway, being a big Who fan since 1965, it sounds awesome. Full report please!
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

port perran

I'm not a fan  of The Who, even though I've seen them a few times, but I can fully understand that many folk are.
One of the greats of the Rock n Roll scene who produced many memorable and instantly recognisable songs. Plus , of course, they experimented, very successfully, with revolutionary ventures such as Tommy and Quadrophenia.
Enjoy your trip to California.
I'm sure you'll have a great time and, as you say, take a trip to the bar when LG is on stage.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Philip.

Taken from Liams Twitter, you may not be a fan of him, but he's a bit of a Who fan  ;) :D

"I can't explain my excitement to be opening for the original Modfathers, The Who, in the USA. Be there or be very very square LG x"

Newportnobby

Quote from: Bealman on May 31, 2019, 11:27:37 PM

Edit: I'm getting me Gallaghers mixed up, me thinks.

Noel's knocked out some half decent stuff but the other one is a waste of air IMO

Bealman

I agree. At least U2 have chosen the half decent version.

And don't forget, y'all, Daltry is a model railway man!!  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations