Farish Spring 2024 Announcements

Started by Carmont, February 07, 2024, 10:49:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

emjaybee

Quote from: Bealman on March 09, 2024, 11:44:01 PMOoh, I like the look of those!

Of course you do George.

Deep down you have impeccable taste!

:D
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Trainfish

Quote from: Newportnobby on March 10, 2024, 04:26:09 AM
Quote from: Trainfish on March 10, 2024, 12:39:25 AMThay would have looked great in BR Blue with yellow ends

Been at the Urine Recyc again? :hmmm:

Actually it was mainly this last night in The Southgate whilst watching Ruzz Guitar yet again.

I did have a cheeky one of these when I got home though which I was probably drinking at the time of posting:

John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Newportnobby

Kernow Guildford have the black/silver D16 diesels in stock

Kris

Bachmann have just announced an anchor mounted wagon in addition to the spring announcements.

Link here.

Bob G

Quote from: Kris on March 16, 2024, 09:45:34 AMBachmann have just announced an anchor mounted wagon in addition to the spring announcements.

Link here.

I feel we are starting to be understood in N gauge. These are the 1940s gap fillers between the older Peco and Farish strapped tank wagons and the Revolution Class A and Class B tanks of the late 1950s. After that came the monobloc TTAs.

Bob

Steven B

Nice to see a new wagon. I appreciate that they're early samples but I hope the three segments of the tank fit better on the production models.

Steven B

zwilnik

Quote from: Bob G on March 16, 2024, 10:12:51 AM
Quote from: Kris on March 16, 2024, 09:45:34 AMBachmann have just announced an anchor mounted wagon in addition to the spring announcements.

Link here.

I feel we are starting to be understood in N gauge. These are the 1940s gap fillers between the older Peco and Farish strapped tank wagons and the Revolution Class A and Class B tanks of the late 1950s. After that came the monobloc TTAs.

Bob

Ah I did wonder how close they were to stepping on Revolution's toes. Nice to see it's something that potentially compliments them.

Would these still be hanging around in rakes with the 1950s Revolution A & B tanks?

nabber

Quote from: zwilnik on March 17, 2024, 10:38:11 AMWould these still be hanging around in rakes with the 1950s Revolution A & B tanks?
Definitely around at the same time - the last ones of these were built in 1963, and I've seen photos up to around 1970.
I'm not sure whether they would be in the same rake - the Revolution A & B tanks are vacuum braked, but I think these are handbrake only.

Neil

Bob G

Yeah, the Revolution ones were built for block train movements (see below pic at Fawley). The Farish ones are more suited to smaller rakes.

Copyright Exxon Mobil

Newportnobby

Quote from: Newportnobby on March 15, 2024, 05:50:26 PMKernow Guildford have the black/silver D16 diesels in stock

I've been informed Rails now have them too, so I could have something new to play with come this weekend :claphappy:

jmupton2000

Has anyone managed to get the body off the new Dance Hall brake van yet?  Try as I might (without damaging it) I can't get into it!!!

Portpatrick

One of my fellow SW Herts members brought his 10000 to the club last week.  Lovely model.  What with that and my new release Saltire 158 we were well away!  Now do I splash out on a green 10001?  I have already "built" one of the AEM resin version in that guise.  Hmmm!  Rule 1 is getting expensive.

joe cassidy

Just finished running in my no. 10 000.

It's a beautiful model of an ugly loco.

For me the speed is just how it should be.

Looking forward to watching it haul a rake of blood & custard Stanier coaches this afternoon.

Newportnobby

Quote from: joe cassidy on April 02, 2024, 12:22:21 PMJust finished running in my no. 10 000.
It's a beautiful model of an ugly loco.

Sorry, but I disagree about it being ugly. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, though, so we all feel differently :)

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations