I think Ive made a decision....

Started by Tackleberry, May 29, 2013, 09:45:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tackleberry

Ive made a decision on a layout - 1980s West Highland Line it is  :claphappy:
Been looking at CJMs website, quite tempted by his mk2 coaches...... :drool:

Claude Dreyfus

Question is, will the bank balance stretch that far? :D

West Highland models are always good...will it be a roundy-roundy or a terminus?

Tackleberry

Quote from: Claude Dreyfus on May 29, 2013, 09:51:45 PM
Question is, will the bank balance stretch that far? :D

West Highland models are always good...will it be a roundy-roundy or a terminus?

I doubt it but  :heart2:
Probably a roundy roundy, with an island platform and a small yard, though I dont have a lot of room to play with!!

scruff

I think Electra graphics do vinyl overlays for the west highland coaches which would be a cheaper option. I'm sure Adam could confirm this for you.

Cheers

Mark

belstone

Why does everyone go for the West Highland and ignore the lines north from Inverness to Kyle of Lochalsh and Wick/Thurso?  If you are a bit flexible on period you can run classes 20, 24/1, 25, 26 and 37.  Garve is a pretty little station, passing loop and a small goods yard.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jbg06003/6736476689/#

simonprelude

Kyle of Lochalsh engine shed is a nice little building, I remember making this when they printed the plans in Railway Modeler magazine or similar.

Probably long gone though now...........

scottishlocos

Hi all

Agree with you there i had a OO layout inspired by the Far North Line have been on 2or 3 railtours up there it is stunning maybe looking at something Far North or Aberdeen to Inverness line based for my first N gauge roundy layout!

Dave

bluedepot

maybe try to pick up a 'loch eil' 37 and get tmc to weather it...

graham farish class 37027 'loch eil'

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £75.23
Below Goal: £24.77
Site Currency: GBP
75% 
April Donations