what are you listening to at the moment?

Started by findus, January 20, 2011, 12:06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moonglum

Great choice @Newportnobby . Have you heard this by Amanda Lehmann (the second guitarist on "Shadow...")? Not only is she a great guitarist but she also has a soft spot for trains and she is Steve Hackett's sister-in-law.

https://youtu.be/ZXcMw-LFJ8o?si=nhYQu8_jpdwocGVa

Cheers,

Tim

PS I have just noticed Nick Beggs and Steven Wilson are also onstage!

crewearpley40

Mick and Tim

Couple of great choices too to end the week

Joker56

Not sure if you folks have heard of Cardinal Black, Chris Buck guitarist has stuff on YouTube, highly recommended, great vocals as well

port perran

Quote from: Moonglum on October 15, 2023, 08:38:40 PMHere is one for you to try out Martin, @port perran . Steve Hackett and Djabe (a Hungarian jazz band)

https://youtu.be/7hjTgzQx1ew?si=6FNVAomM2TespEmz

Originally a Genesis track from "Selling England by the Pound". A soulful solo by Mr Hackett.

Somewhere on YouTube is a mind boggling version of "Los Endos" from "A Trick of the Tale" (my favourite Genesis album) from the same band. I will now give Ghost Note a listen.

Found it https://youtu.be/2r5UYV1oVec?si=Do4wHj3kEvsnuO77

Cheers,

Tim
Thanks Tim
Both very interesting pieces but my preference is very much for the first one.
I shall try out a bit more of Steve Hackett and Djabe later.
Thanks for the links
Cheers
Martin

I'm sure I'll get used to cream first soon.

Moonglum

Glad that you enjoyed at least one of them Martin @port perran . "Los Endos" needs to be played loud!

Of your recommendations I think I prefer Ezra Collective, a bit more quirky and I love the keyboardist, it looks like he is enjoying every moment of it.

Cheers,

Tim

Moonglum

Black Cardinal is interesting @Joker56 , as you said good guitar and vocals, I listened to "Ain't My Time" and "Warm Love" live.

Cheers,

Tim

Moonglum

An excellent album Mick @Newportnobby ("In every Dream Home a Heartache).

Just a few days after my 15th birthday, I went to my very first rock concert, Alice Cooper, supported by Roxy Music at the Empire Poll, Wembley, London (30 June 1972) - what an induction, dead baby dolls, snakes and the gallows! I did buy "School's Out", but Roxy Music and Brian Ferry are most likely to be listened to now.

Cheers,

Tim

Bealman

Good days. At that precisely same day, I had a vacation job serving petrol at a service station near Sunderland.

I was listening to Schools out while I was pumping juice.

The thing I remember was going home covered in oil and crap and smelling of petrol. But me Dad thought it was great because I'd finally got a real job  ::)
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Moonglum

From Hawkwind's latest album "The Future Never Waits", a million miles away from "Silver Machine", see what you think.

https://youtu.be/IvTazGa5X8E?si=8DPSJF0or-_S2thb

"They are so easily distracted"

I think it is their best album for a long time.

Cheers,

Tim

Trainfish

Not sure about that track, I may need to listen to the whole album. Not exactly what I remember hearing at the 'henge in 1984 or several other times elsewhere.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Moonglum

Hi John @Trainfish, do listen to the album. A few tracks sound like Hawkwind as you may remember them. Dave Brock is the only original member and in his early 80s now. I like the album because it mixes it up a bit.

Cheers,

Tim

Trainfish

I will certainly give it a go as I have seen them many times over the years and do like pretty much all of their stuff, although sometimes you get a track which you need to listen to a few times, maybe your example was one of those.
Dave has always recruited well over 50+ years of Hawkwind. I first saw them in 1980, and the last time I saw them was at Butlins in Minehead in 2020. It was just two months after seeing them at the Royal Albert Hall for the 50th anniversary gig when they were very good but strangely I thought they were better at Minehead.
I will have to do a hunt for the full album on YouTube and if I like it I will definitely buy it as I'm not a fan of downloading music, I prefer to have the CD or vinyl in my possession.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £30.67
Below Goal: £69.33
Site Currency: GBP
31% 
May Donations