what are you listening to at the moment?

Started by findus, January 20, 2011, 12:06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crewearpley40 and 16 Guests are viewing this topic.

violets49

I have a CD with all the music from 'Distant signals' on it (Well, almost all. What i thought was just background music over the scenes at Corrour are in fact Elton John's 'funeral for a friend') If iwant to get into 'West highland' mood, I just put it on the record machine. The tracks are :- Samson Peccator Episcopus' by shaun davey.(General music) Peurt a Beul/Snug in a blanket. (Scene where the 37 comes off of the Banavie swing bridge and accelerates away up the extention) and 'Indiana' (Brief clip of steam drifter at sea and train pulling into Rannoch station) Finishing with 'Sampson Peccator episcopus' again. for good measure, I added Isla St clair's 'Shian Road' A bit off for the WHR proper but fine for the C&O especially the Ballachulish branch as Creagan is mentioned in thye song. :)

At other times I'll just put 'Penny Lane' on to remind me where my money goes! :(

Malc

Although I agree with @escafeld about Quadrophenia, IMHO their best album is  Who's Next. Saw them do this at the Birmingham Odeon just after its release.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Malc

As a life long Who fan, I do like Live at Leeds, mainly because I've saw them on that tour. I think A Quick One is also good, which hadn't been out long when I first saw them. In fact, when I think about it,  they've had an an album out most times I've seen them, apart from The Kids are alright tour.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Newportnobby

A shedload of stirring Wagner and this (which is very Wagnerian too)

daffy

Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

scottmitchell74

Sorry, don't know how to make the video smaller.

One of my all-time favorite Sabaton songs. Really gets the blood pumping!
Spend as little as possible on what you need so you can spend as much as possible on what you want.

Claude Dreyfus

I was playing Transfiguration Night just the other day. I am very fond of it; helps me when I am working from home.  That and Richard Strauss' Metamorphosen.

On a totally different note, I was busy building DDR apartment blocks for our club's H0 layout the other day accompanied by Willy Nelson. His music, particularly 'On the Road Again' and 'City of New Orleans' (his version at least) accompanied us on our road trip across the US last year, so will always have a special place for me...

violets49

For some reason, since friday night the song 'Lay down your weary tune' has been haunting me! I must have listened to every version ever recorded. Probably the best version came from Californian Folk rock band 'Marley's Ghost' :(

daffy

John Williams, classical guitarist par excellence.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Newportnobby

Quote from: escafeld on April 19, 2017, 01:39:01 PM
Some classic prog rock by Camel

A great band I've seen a couple of times.

I'm onto 'My Dying Bride' at the moment

themadhippy

freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

tutenkhamunsleeping

Nevermore.  One of my all time fave metal bands 8)

Steamie+

Not listening to anything, waiting for NPN at Booths Cafe for our little chats.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £85.23
Below Goal: £14.77
Site Currency: GBP
85% 
April Donations