Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboy

Well done that man - congratulations John.  :thumbsup:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Trainfish

Thanks David and everyone else. It has been a long 13 months looking for something and ultimately something I want to do. Yes, there were other opportunities but I'm not one to waste my time, or others', applying for something I don't really want. I'm really looking forward to this one. It won't be easy and there's a lot of travelling with the occassional night away but it's something I want to do with a lot less stress compared to what I have done previously. I have also been very impressed with the whole setup of the company and can't wait to get started. I need to finish my fiddle yard first though  :thumbsup:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

dannyboy

Quote from: Trainfish on July 09, 2021, 01:38:02 PM
impressed with the whole setup of the company and can't wait to get started. I need to finish my fiddle yard first though 

" Dear Boss, thank you for giving me this opportunity and I am really looking forward to working for you, but, can I play with my trains first please?"

Seriously, it sounds like you have found your ideal job.  :thumbsup:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

emjaybee

Quote from: Trainfish on July 09, 2021, 01:21:25 PM
Maintenance (70% electrical) of camp sites  :thumbsup:

Oh, okay.

Sounds varied and interesting.
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Trainfish on July 09, 2021, 12:34:14 PM
No need to ask for feedback for this job as they have called this morning (20 hours after my interview finished) and offered me the job  :thumbsup:

Well done, that person. How could they resist you in that alluring outfit? Hope you didn't do a Sharon Stone? :goggleeyes:

emjaybee

Quote from: Newportnobby on July 09, 2021, 02:23:17 PM
No need to ask for feedback for this job as they have called this morning (20 hours after my interview finished) and offered me the job  :thumbsup:

Well done, that person. How could they resist you in that alluring outfit? Hope you didn't do a Sharon Stone? :goggleeyes:

:sick2:
Brookline build thread:

Trainfish

Quote from: dannyboy on July 09, 2021, 02:08:01 PM
impressed with the whole setup of the company and can't wait to get started. I need to finish my fiddle yard first though 

" Dear Boss, thank you for giving me this opportunity and I am really looking forward to working for you, but, can I play with my trains first please?"

Seriously, it sounds like you have found your ideal job.  :thumbsup:

Friday is admin day so I may be able to finish the week with playing trains while the laptop is monitored  :thumbsup:
Yes, I believe it to be my ideal job to finish my working life (yikes). Minimal stress, simple tasks, seeing the countryside etc etc.

Quote from: emjaybee on July 09, 2021, 02:09:42 PM
Sounds varied and interesting.
During my first phone conversation with the recruiter (in-house HR) I was asked to say in 1 word what I was seeking. I replied "Variety" and yes, it sounds like there will be plenty of that  :thumbsup:

Thanks Mick. I didn't need to do a Sharon Stone as they had already looked me up on t'interweb  :goggleeyes:

Quote from: emjaybee on July 09, 2021, 02:27:32 PM

:sick2:

It will soon be my birthday so another fancy dress party in August in my garden. I won't 'reveal' my 2021 outfit yet but the wife and I have had a 'dress' rehearsal  :D
I'll need to get moderator approval to post that outfit though  :o
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Newportnobby

Oh Gawd. I'm really not sure a months notice is going to be enough and truly believe therapy will be required by me once the new outfit has been revealed.

emjaybee

but the wife and I have had a 'dress' rehearsal

Is that what they call it these days?

:worried:
Brookline build thread:

Trainfish

Quote from: Newportnobby on July 09, 2021, 03:42:12 PM
Oh Gawd. I'm really not sure a months notice is going to be enough and truly believe therapy will be required by me once the new outfit has been revealed.

I could of course send you a preview by PM.......................  :D
John

<*))))><

paulbeckwith

congrats  john  on  getting  your  new  job .......  make a  micro  layout  and  you  can  take  it  away  with  you  on  jobs  needing  a  overnighter

paul

Bealman

Dunno thread.

Maybe we should have a "dunno" thread, because I really dunno how I feel about this....

The folk in the house behind Chez Bealman (which is on the left in this photograph) recently tore it down and are currently putting up this huge thing. It doesn't bother me particularly, as there are no windows in our place which look out on it - it's all brickwall.

It does bother Mrs B though, because it's two story as opposed to the original dwelling which was a bungalow.

There is a swimming pool in there as well, which is going to be ripped out and replaced with a bigger one. That will leave them with zero back garden, which presumably is what they want.

As I say, I dunno what I really think about it. It could increase the value of Chez Bealman, or it could decrease it. Whatever, we don't talk to them anyway.  ;D

My good old weather station is still going strong, however, having logged up 5 years of weather records at Chez Bealman.  :thumbsup:

Oh, and congrats, John!
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

railsquid

I will accept the position of course so look out if you live in Cornwall, Devon, Dorset, Somerset, Wiltshire, Hampshire (inc IOW), Surrey, E & W Sussex and Kent, I'll be heading your way soon  :D

Phew, safe!  :D

Congrats on the job and all that, planning to buy any new trains to celebrate?  :angel:

Graham

Quote from: Trainfish on July 07, 2021, 03:00:52 PM
Had enough of paperwork in previous jobs which is why I'm looking at going back on the tools. There will still be paperwork but not as much as I'm used to. Interview tomorrow in Coventry of all places  :goggleeyes: :thumbsup:

No need to ask for feedback for this job as they have called this morning (20 hours after my interview finished) and offered me the job  :thumbsup: Maybe a trip to Coventry isn't so bad after all.

I will accept the position of course so look out if you live in Cornwall, Devon, Dorset, Somerset, Wiltshire, Hampshire (inc IOW), Surrey, E & W Sussex and Kent, I'll be heading your way soon  :D
Congratulations John, well deserved.

Graham

2nd AZ shot had this morning, roll on the next 2 weeks for it to take full effect.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations