Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

What are the green cans?  :hmmm:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Trainfish

Brewdog Hazy Jane. One of my current favourites.

John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Bealman

Happy days! I think....

.... but it is the happy thread  ;)  :beers:

I'm always wary of boutique beers  ;D

MinZaPint

All this talk of beer, right up my street, my Lockdown Libation selection

and the breadmaker in the background makes the dough for Lardy cakes

I follow the recipe meticulously  ::) only adding extra Lard, mixed fruit  and a generous sprinkling of sugar, my wife is addicted but manages to retain a sylph like figure, I on the other hand do not react so well  :-[

and hand fashioned (as you can see) rolls

Part of the fun is going to a water powered mill for the flour, sadly shut for on site sales at the moment but like Baldrick I have a "cunning plan"  8)  :thumbsup:
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

tutenkhamunsleeping

Sylphs are overrated  :D

Malc

Lardy cake takes me back to holidays at my Auntie's in south Devon. The bakery in the village made fantastic lardy cake. Used to get it straight out of the oven. My mouth is watering thinking about it.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

port perran

Glad to see two Cornish Ales in that line up.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Newportnobby

I love lardy cake but my arteries are furring up just by me looking at that pic :'(

Just bought some Tribute today 😋

Quote from: Trainfish on June 10, 2020, 01:55:11 AM
You can't beat a good IPA. Here's the fridge in my loft  :beers:

Oh yeah, I do like Brewdog Punk IPA.

Papyrus

My stepson, who is lockdowning with us for the duration, is a fan of Brewdog. Every couple of weeks a huge box containing about 50 cans arrive, meaning that we are stuck for space in the 'cellar' under the stairs, so that my few bottles of Harviestoun Old Engine Oil are shoved to a little space at the back...

I am sometimes graciously allowed to taste one of his purchases, but haven't found anything to float my boat yet...

:beers:

Chris

Bealman

Noticed this as I was throwing it into the recycle bin this morning....

Legend of a man, even if he doesn't look like he'd exactly be a ton of fun at parties  ;)

dannyboy

Amazon Customer Service - A bit long winded but -

I could have put this post in the 'Angry' thread, but as you will see, it does now belong in the 'Happy' thread. Late this morning, I went onto the Amazon website to order a sound bar after checking numerous reviews. I found the one I wanted and it stated that there was just one available from Amazon. The price was not cheap, but a decent amount for what I wanted. I went through the process - order page - ok, address page - ok, payment page - 'ang on a cotton pickin' minute - why has the price gone up by £11.40p?  :o. I cancelled everything, thinking I had made an error and having done that twice, got the same problem. So I used the 'Chat' facility, starting just before noon. After the nice lady, (well she appeared nice), tried to explain that the price was because it was not available from Amazon now and me saying that the website still stated that there was one available, sending her a screen shot, lots of 'chat', she asked me to order the item and see what happened. I did that and was charged the higher amount!  :o So I quoted the order number and delivery date to her. The upshot is that the lady has credited my account with enough to cover the difference, so I am happy again. All credit to the lady for sticking with it for 92 minutes  :goggleeyes: and not doing the usual customer service trick of giving out a few excuses. Incidentally, the soundbar is not showing now.  :)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Bealman

Just saw on the news here that you folk in the UK can go back to pubs!

Good news (I hope)  :beers:

steve836

Quote from: Bealman on July 04, 2020, 09:18:36 AM
Just saw on the news here that you folk in the UK can go back to pubs!

Good news (I hope)  :beers:

Some can, but at 73 with underlying health issues I'm not even supposed to leave my property. Still I can get  bottles of Adnams from Tesco and have it delivered to my door so not all bad, I can crawl that far when I've had enough.
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations