Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trainfish

Thanks guys. It's an odd one really. When I heard she'd passed on I was understandably upset. However, it didn't take me too long to understand that at 102 (and a half) years old she had a great innings. She travelled ALL over the world (used to work for BOAC and her benefits/discounts continued into BA days even though she retired over 40 years ago) and will not have any regrets. Often at funerals these days it's said "We're here not to mourn but to celebrate her life" etc which I usually find a bit corny but if it was ever to be used then it had to be used for her.

So, trains it is. And a holiday.
Joe, that will be happening. She requested no flowers at the funeral so all family members will be donating to her chosen charity, The Children's Society I believe.
Jason, I may have a couple of pints on her this Friday night. Ignore anything I post between Thursday and Saturday.
Squiddy, no!

RIP my gran
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Caz

I'm sure your gran would've wanted you to enjoy what she left you as that is why she left it.  I know that I want grand children to enjoy their inheritance although they may have to wait quite a while before they are likely to get it.   :)
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Newportnobby

Quote from: Caz on October 01, 2015, 09:59:08 AM
I'm sure your gran would've wanted you to enjoy what she left you as that is why she left it.  I know that I want grand children to enjoy their inheritance although they may have to wait quite a while before they are likely to get it.   :)

Here's to a long wait, Caz :beers:

Malc

Not having any offspring , I am having my headstone engraved with..."Here lies Malc, being of sound mind, he spent the perishing lot!!"
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

MalcolmInN

Mine already has an inheritance, well there is no point in leaving it in the bank to be taxed later, not at present interest rates !
All I have to do now is last another few years and even the new presumtive shadow chancellor wont be able to get it, if the worst happens ( <there is a double nintendo lurking there :) )

jonclox

From the unhappy thread.........
Quote from: jonclox on September 30, 2015, 10:21:11 AM
:'( Got to go out and give something away in a few minutes . No payment for it just a little pain >:( Why my GPs bloodsucker wont come to me for a blood donation I just cant understand. I bet they don't even give it back after they have looked at it  :scowl:
Good result from the tests. Everything clear and so actions required  :thumbsup: but they are refusing to return the samples  :veryangry:
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

MikeDunn

Quote from: jonclox on October 02, 2015, 04:12:28 PM
but they are refusing to return the samples  :veryangry:
I told you - lunch  :laughabovepost:

jonclox

John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

railsquid

My 8-month old son is fascinated by the local level crossing apparatus (here in Japan we have lots of level crossings which make interesting "bing bing bing" noises with flashing lights and arrows indicating which direction(s) the trains are coming from), and also the trains which thunder past a few feet away. Mind you he's also fascinated by people going past on bicycles and any kind of wall, and leaves on trees, but the trains did used to make him cry, so  I suspect Progress Has Been Made.

Trainfish

I'm not surprised he used to cry if you brought him up on IC liveried 08's. I'd cry too  :D
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Newportnobby

Quote from: Trainfish on October 05, 2015, 09:30:00 PM
I'm not surprised he used to cry if you brought him up on IC liveried 08's. I'd cry too  :D

30 all ;)

Skyline2uk

:laughabovepost:

Re mini-squid reaction to loud trains.....

I yelped at a hideous SIGHT at Bristol Parkway on Saturday.

70 003 and 70 004 hulking....sorry....parked in the siding.

More worrying than there being 2, the numbers suggests at least 4 exist... Breeding they are  ;)

Skyline2uk

Trainfish

I've got number 6 so there must be that many at least  :D
John

<*))))><

GeeBee

Quote from: Skyline2uk on October 05, 2015, 10:03:13 PM
:laughabovepost:

Re mini-squid reaction to loud trains.....

I yelped at a hideous SIGHT at Bristol Parkway on Saturday.

70 003 and 70 004 hulking....sorry....parked in the siding.

More worrying than there being 2, the numbers suggests at least 4 exist... Breeding they are  ;)

I have photograph of 70 019 at Swindon station so they must be breeding
:claphappy:  :claphappy:
Skyline2uk

GeeBee

And to prove it

Graham >:D

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP