Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tdm

Quote from: Bob Tidbury on March 30, 2015, 01:44:14 PM
Hi there TDM how did you get on with your Train Tech sound modules ?
I spoke to David at Ali Pali over the weekend and he has promised to look into the idea of using a sugar cube speaker I will see him again at Southwold show and if he has kept to his word I might buy one of each.
When you video your layout next put a the trains with sound on Please.
Bob

Hi Bob,

I only have the "steam" sound module here in Tenerife, because of not being allowed to send batteries in the post now, the "diesel" version was sent to my son's house in Chester,
and won't pick it up till I am over the beginning of May.

Got the steam one working by modifying a long plank wagon and adding some rubber tubing to improve the sound (yet need to do a new photo of it) - just a pity it inside a bit smaller so that the whole unit could enclosed in something like a milk van.

Will show it in use when I do the new video.

Tdm

Further to my earlier post, have now taken a 3 pics of the sound module fitted to a flat wagon from various angles, and 3 pics of the extended & other parts of my layout showing –

steam trains awaiting attention in existing engine siding, a battered Class27 fronting a more pristine one on part of the new track laid, new added canal corner & canal barge & cottage to one side of the old trams siding.

Trainfish

I'm afraid the 'Happy thread' just isn't good enough today. I need an 'Ecstatic thread' instead. After 3 months of being told by the job centre that I can't claim anything after 3 months when I could I will go in there on Wednesday and stick 2 fingers up to everyone in there! I've finally got a job! And now, I'm off to the pub!  :beers:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Caz

Great news John, more railway money.   :thumbsup:
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

port perran

Quote from: Trainfish on March 30, 2015, 07:17:41 PM
I'm afraid the 'Happy thread' just isn't good enough today. I need an 'Ecstatic thread' instead. After 3 months of being told by the job centre that I can't claim anything after 3 months when I could I will go in there on Wednesday and stick 2 fingers up to everyone in there! I've finally got a job! And now, I'm off to the pub!  :beers:
Excellent news. Very well done that man.  :claphappy: :claphappy:

PS - Don't drink too much 6X !! :beers:
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Newportnobby

I can just picture more bottles IPA appearing for track weighting purposes :)
Well done, John :beers:
Now - about that £500 you recently won....................... :hmmm: ;)

daveg

Many congrats!

Been there. Know the feeling.

All the best.  :thumbsup:

Dave G

Malc

Good news indeed, John. Congratulations. As Daveg says, know the feeling. Especially as I found my own job.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

railsquid

Bob Tidbury

Well done  for finding a new job yourself, Since I started work 50 years ago I've been made redundant  7 times every time I've gone to the Labour Exchange or Job Center as its called now and they've been a total waste of space but the longest I've ever been out of work is two weeks so I have been very lucky finding new jobs myself ,most of them diferant types of work ranging from fully qualified pastry chef to having a Road Roller Licence.
Good luck in your new job I hope you will be happily employed for a long time and I think you said your wife had a new job as well I hope that works out well to.
Bob

Trainfish

Thanks all. Most of you are right, more money for IPA and trains especially with Trainwest coming up next week. Still no toothpaste though Squiddy.

I think I may have a hangover  :worried:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Trainfish

Thanks Bob. I bet you were good at rolling that pastry though weren't you?
I want to be in this job, or with the company anyway, for the long term. It's a growing company and business so hopefully there will be a chance of progression within. You're right, the wife started a new job 3 weeks ago which she is thoroughly enjoying so maybe we've turned a corner  :thumbsup:
John

<*))))><

Malc

The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

MikeDunn

Quote from: Trainfish on March 31, 2015, 09:19:15 AM
I think I may have a hangover  :worried:
If you only think you have one, you did a half-assed job  :P

You need to go back tonight and try much harder !   :beers:

Mike

Trainfish

I had a good go by the look of the contents (or lack of) of my wallet. And as for Gandhi's revenge...........................  :'(
John

<*))))><

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations