Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Tdm

It's a good day today for a couple of reasons :-

1 - It's Mothers Day which makes the wife happy as she gets calls, cards, and presents
     from the Kids & Grandkids in the U.K.

2 - It's also Los Cristianos Carnival Day with lots of Floats, banging of drums, and
     outrageous costumes on display in the streets during the parade with music & dancing
     & fireworks to follow.

Not a day for peace & quiet unless you take a trip into the Mountains, and there is not a cloud in the sky. Only downside is the wife insists I take her to watch the Carnival, which means no escaping to my storeroom to do some more work on my layout, and no watching this afternoon's Premiership games.

Hope you guys out there who have Mother's have remembered to send them a card or give them a call, or if you have little ones to remind them to be nice to their Mum today.

Trainfish

Quote from: Trainfish on March 13, 2015, 02:33:56 AM
Does anyone ever use Geolotto? I have just 1 square these days which costs £1 per week and I have won £5 a few times. At the moment they are giving away 50p per day to use on the instant win games so of course I use them. Sometimes I've won £5, or £1 etc and used them up to win more, after all it hasn't cost me anything apart from my £1 per week on the main game.

Anyway, I just used my first 20p of the day and I won £100 ! Ruddy marvellous that  :D

If you fancy having a go use this link as, you've guessed it, it will earn me some referral credits  :thumbsup:

Let me know if you do sign up please so I can check that the link works  :thumbsup:

I was a little bit naughty last night, I spent about £20 of my winnings on having some more goes. However, I then won £500! I have withdrawn the £500 and it's now in my bank account. I'll withdraw the other £80 tomorrow as there's a daily limit of £500  :D

Have a go if you want using my link. Remember, it doesn't cost you a single penny. I'm not saying you'll win either but I did  :thumbsup:

I feel a purchase coming on, hopefully there will be some good deals at Trainwest in a few weeks time.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

steam-driven boy

Hi,
Just to be awkward this one's both happy tinged with sad...
Started watching this last night:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b05n8jqs/horizon-20142015-10-dancing-in-the-dark-the-end-of-physics
...not that I understand much of it (and luckily the scientists admit they're not too certain either  :D ) , but they generally have such pretty coloured graphics in 'em... And we'll all probably have to start modelling 'Dark Matter' and 'Dark Energy' (at least for modern image layouts) soon  :goggleeyes:
Anyhoo, heard the narrator and thought "this has to be a repeat, good old Peter Jones left us so very long ago", but the narrator is stating current stuff - and they're not going that far with doctoring doc's yet  :o
Anyhoo (the second!), the credits show it's David Mitchell. Now, I've seen and heard - and enjoyed doing so many times - David, but he's never so confused me with his speech tone or phrasing before.
So, on balance I guess more  :claphappy:  to be reminded of Peter Jones 15 years on (without reaching for my H2G2 CDs and DVDs collections)  :thumbsup:

Regards, Gerry  8)
...being a bear of very little brain...

Sprintex

Quote from: steam-driven boy on March 18, 2015, 12:46:15 PM
And we'll all probably have to start modelling 'Dark Matter' . . . 

Some modellers have been doing that for years . . . it's usually called COAL  :laugh:

Paul

Tdm

Mainly happy today because :-

1) Yesterday my wife was re-elected "La Presidenta" of our complex for the 5th year
     running (but not so happy this morning as have a hangover from the post AGM party in
     our bar last night).

2) A Hattons package arrived this morning with some more goodies in it.

3) Brother-in-Law and his partner arrived in Tenerife this evening for a few weeks stay.

4) I found a shop in Los Cristianos that sells small hearing aid batteries (I had run out of
    the ones I normally buy in Boots in the U.K.), so I can now hear what people say again
    (although that is not always a good thing).

5) I was right to have moved my open topped car into an underground car parking space
     yesterday, as it rained heavily yesterday whist I was at the AGM meeting away from
     home.

6) Tomorrow is one of my favourite days when I play snooker and enjoy a beer or two 
     and a laugh with some neighbours from our complex, and when I return at about
     1.30pm., the wife will be out with her friends so I can escape to my lock-up to do
     some more work on my model railway.

paulprice

1. I managed to use superglue and only actually glued the stuff I intended to do.

2. I found 50p on my layout, so its almost paying for itself

3. I'm beginning to like the weathered shade I'm turning as I'm busily using weathering powders on my layout

Newportnobby

Quote from: paulprice on March 25, 2015, 07:04:43 AM

3. I'm beginning to like the weathered shade I'm turning as I'm busily using weathering powders on my layout

You can always claim that lovely ferrous oxide look was gained on an exotic holiday ;)

Malc

Quote from: newportnobby on March 25, 2015, 10:01:35 AM
Quote from: paulprice on March 25, 2015, 07:04:43 AM

You can always claim that lovely ferrous oxide look was gained on an exotic holiday ;)
..or that you were runner up in a David Dickinson look alike contest  ;)
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

DELETED

I have landed an interview in Barrow in Furness working in the shipyard there! Leaving Inverness mid morning tomorrow (on the train). Change at Edinburgh then Lancaster.  Got about 4-5h after my interview on Friday to look round the place and check out properties I've been viewing on-line then leaving mid afternoon and back home up north not long before midnight Friday.

Of all the places I had applications into in the last 4/5 months, they were the last I thought would come back (and did so quite quick).  So nervous about this interview but really looking forward to it also!!!

MikeDunn

railsquid

Wow, the shipyard is still open? When I was nowt but a squidlet I lived in Millom, I'm sure I remember being able to see the cranes from the nearby beach. And being taken to see the Invincible when she was under construction (must have been pretty much complete because my memory is of a huge flat flight deck, at least it looked huge to me).

DELETED

QuoteWow, the shipyard is still open? When I was nowt but a squidlet I lived in Millom, I'm sure I remember being able to see the cranes from the nearby beach. And being taken to see the Invincible when she was under construction (must have been pretty much complete because my memory is of a huge flat flight deck, at least it looked huge to me).

My Mother's already been looking up Millom as we apparently had a holiday in a remote farm house there maybe 1981/82  -back and beyond then but not so much now by the looks of it. Bit out of the area but as a prospective mover I can't believe how much property you can potentially buy when yo move south of the border these days.

Yea,pretty much all the RN Subs have been made there.  This pic is off the tinternet, with any luck I may see it on Friday.  The Hall is one of the biggest in Europe -I've been in some biggies but this looks huge"!...

Tdm

There is a current hit song called (I think) "Because I'm Happy" which one of the artists in our Bar always sings towards the end of the night when customers get up and start dancing.

Well it sums up how I feel at the moment because I have nearly sorted out all the problems on my layout (but not quite all), and have had several train rakes running round it without de-railing, or coming to a standstill because of an electrical short.

As usual I am waiting on a couple of orders (from Hattons & Gaugemaster) to complete the changes I have been making.

Looks like soon I will have to get the camera & camcorder out again to photograph and video the layout, and bore people on here with more pics and film footage.

Bob Tidbury

Hi there TDM how did you get on with your Train Tech sound modules ?
I spoke to David at Ali Pali over the weekend and he has promised to look into the idea of using a sugar cube speaker I will see him again at Southwold show and if he has kept to his word I might buy one of each.
When you video your layout next put a the trains with sound on Please.
Bob

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations