Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trainfish

Was my birthday yesterday (Sunday) and we had a big party here on Saturday night. A few small train presents and I also found out I won £10 on the birthday bingo site. Best present of all was a letter from my bank saying they will pay me £2800 for a PPI which I never knew I had! I can see a few trains in that  :o

Also had a message from  :NGaugeForum: to wish me happy birthday  :thumbsup:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

scotsoft

Happy birthday for yesterday  :thumbsup:

It sounds like you have had a great time  :claphappy:

cheers John.

Agrippa

Quote from: Trainfish on August 18, 2014, 12:40:45 AM
a letter from my bank saying they will pay me £2800 for a PPI which I never knew I had!

:goggleeyes: :goggleeyes: :goggleeyes:

Strewth !

Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

Bealman

Yeah.. I have the same problem... keep finding that sort of money in the pockets of old jackets.  :D ;)
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Trainfish

Quote from: Agrippa on August 18, 2014, 01:05:18 AM
Quote from: Trainfish on August 18, 2014, 12:40:45 AM
a letter from my bank saying they will pay me £2800 for a PPI which I never knew I had!

:goggleeyes: :goggleeyes: :goggleeyes:

Strewth !

They actually wrote to me a couple of months ago to say I'd had it. At first I told them I had always opted out of PPI and to my knowledge I have done. But they insisted I had taken it out even though they couldn't tell me when or what for. They still can't but who am I to argue?
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Bealman

Yep, don't argue... keep schmum,mate. They are obviously correct.  :thumbsup:

Bob Tidbury

I also had a cheque in the post only £93 But it was from overpaid income tax, they had taxed me as if I was working from Dec to March but I retired in Dec.wont see the money Vals got the cheque.
Bob

Bealman

That's sorted, then.  :thumbsup: ;D

petercharlesfagg

Friends,

After weeks or possibly months, (I have lost track of the time scale) plus the charitable visit of Malc and ALL the wonderful advice and support from everyone here I have finally managed to get a train to run around the outer track of my layout!

After cleaning and a few stutters I have been sitting in the middle of my layout just delighting in watching a train go all the way round without fuses blowing, overheating controllers and a lost temper!

Warmest regards, Peter.
Each can do but little, BUT if each did that little, ALL would be done!

Life is like a new sewer pipe, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!

A day without laughter is a day wasted!

Caz

Great news Peter, everything comes to those who wait and show patience.  Let's hope the rest of the layout will bring forth even more joy.   :)
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Newportnobby

I'm glad your bath and speech therapy have helped to get the outer oval working, Peter.

Quote from: petercharlesfagg on August 18, 2014, 06:31:51 PM

After cleaning and a few stutters I have been sitting in the middle of my layout just delighting in watching a train go all the way round without fuses blowing, overheating controllers and a lost temper!

May the progress continue! :beers:

petercharlesfagg

Quote from: newportnobby on August 18, 2014, 09:13:00 PM
I'm glad your bath and speech therapy have helped to get the outer oval working, Peter.

Quote from: petercharlesfagg on August 18, 2014, 06:31:51 PM

May the progress continue! :beers:

Thankyou, I couldn't quite work out what you were referring to until I realised that I had missed out some words from my original post!  :D :D

Peter.
Each can do but little, BUT if each did that little, ALL would be done!

Life is like a new sewer pipe, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!

A day without laughter is a day wasted!

davieb

Had a wonderful day out with a friend  :thumbsup:
What's even better is she is a driver on the Northern line  ;)  :D

dave  :thumbsup:

scotsoft

Quote from: davieb on August 20, 2014, 08:03:28 PM

Does this mean Mick should be looking for a new hat  >:D  :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:

Newportnobby

Quote from: scotsoft on August 20, 2014, 08:28:33 PM
Quote from: davieb on August 20, 2014, 08:03:28 PM

Does this mean Mick should be looking for a new hat  >:D  :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:

Nah. :no:
I was thinking of wearing a dress that's recently arrived from France :-X >:D

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations