Farish Spring 2024 Announcements

Started by Carmont, February 07, 2024, 10:49:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorpe Parva

The blue appears lighter in the flesh. Seems like an accurate rendition to me....

icairns

Here is my modest tribute to D1733 and the XP64 train. 

I looked up D1733 in one of my old abc combined volumes above and was interested to see a couple of things: 

1.    There is a photo of D1733 (bottom left below) where the experimental blue livery is noted.  However, the photo appears to show a separate yellow warning panel on the cabside of the loco without the double arrow BR logo.  It is difficult to determine the colour of this cabside panel as the photo is in black & white. 

2.    Based on railway magazines of the time, I used to cross out locos that had been withdrawn.  This obviously mostly applied to steam locos.  Therefore, I was curious to note that sister engine D1734 had been crossed out in my abc. 

It turns out that D1734 was involved on the Colton Hill rail crash on 11 January, 1964 and was subsequently scrapped.  The loco was only 8 months old.  More information here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coton_Hill_rail_crash

Ian

Newportnobby

SE & CR derivatives of the 'Dance Hall' brake are due into Rails on Monday. The rest follow over a few weeks

Newportnobby

Rails have informed me my BR version 'Dance Hall' brake has been despatched to me

Bob G

Quote from: Newportnobby on March 04, 2024, 10:04:15 AMRails have informed me my BR version 'Dance Hall' brake has been despatched to me

You obviously have special status

martyn

At least some of the new releases were available at the Abingdon show via Osborn's stand.

Martyn

Southerngooner

Yep, BR Grey Dance Hall duly purchased for Brickmakers Lane.....

Dave
Dave

Builder of "Brickmakers Lane" and member of "James Street" operating team.

icairns

As is well documented, the LMS Twins were not identical.  10000 emerged in December 1947 and 10001 was born eight months later in July 1948.  Consequently, 10001 incorporated several changes as a result of experience with 10000.

I was browsing through my new copy of Bachmann Times, as one does, and I noticed a rather interesting illustration showing the details of these locos and some of their differences at birth and during their later lives.  It think it shows the effort that Bachmann made to incorporate these detail differences in the various proposed models.   

I thought this might be of interest to others.

Ian

P.S. Some of the detail is easier to read if you click on the image below to enlarge. 

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Trainfish

Thay would have looked great in BR Blue with yellow ends
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Bealman

Jollybob

Quote from: Trainfish on March 10, 2024, 12:39:25 AMThay would have looked great in BR Blue with yellow ends

Wasn't 10001 painted blue? I'm pretty sure that I've seen a picture of it in that colour.

Rob.

Bealman

PLD

Quote from: Jollybob on March 10, 2024, 03:20:31 AM
Quote from: Trainfish on March 10, 2024, 12:39:25 AMThay would have looked great in BR Blue with yellow ends

Wasn't 10001 painted blue? I'm pretty sure that I've seen a picture of it in that colour.

Rob.
ACE Trains did their O-Gauge version in blue (actually closer to the early electric blue than standard BR blue) and also a funny pinky red (supposedly LMS crimson) both entirely fictional and not prototypical...
I'd guess that's what you've see photos of?
https://images.app.goo.gl/mHBSoerFyXApEutYA

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £10.67
Below Goal: £89.33
Site Currency: GBP
 11%
May Donations