Moan about YouTube model train reviews

Started by Agrippa, November 22, 2014, 11:03:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

railsquid

Good heavens, those OO thingies are HUGE! :goggleeyes:

Trainfish

That's why he needs seats in them. You can almost have a ride in them. It would be a bit boring on a 6' x 4' roundy roundy though.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

longbridge

Most of the reviews I have watched have been carried out by very young people which is great, what is not great is the packaging seems to get a better review than the item in the box.

I dont bother with reviews anymore as I model only American in both HO and N scale and buy only reputable brands, best review IMO is to buy the item and try it yourself.

Reviews of trains is like reviews of cameras which the reviewers have a bias towards a particular brand, most reviews are a waste of time and effort, I can think of better things to use my broadband for.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Bealman

And as the 00 review above so aptly demonstrates, minutes are used up with banal piffle.  :veryangry:

Still, you don't have to watch 'em, and most of the time I don't.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Agrippa

He must have used up the world's supply of Blu Tack!  He sounds like Prof Brian Cox.
On the waffleometer I  mark him about 9.5  out of 10.
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

Trainfish

I want to give him a 10 but I just can't. Those seats......................
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £10.67
Below Goal: £89.33
Site Currency: GBP
 11%
May Donations